2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Build Week of April 11th?

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/05, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just called ERL and was told that as of April 11th, my car was also released by the foreign assembly plant.... I feel it getting closer and closer.....

Old 4/18/05, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

As of April 16, your car has been shipped by convoy carrier.

Wooohoooo! What do I win?
Old 4/18/05, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

Great news! The not-so-evil robot lady said: "As of April 16th, your vehicle has been shipped by convoy carrier." :w00t:

My baby's on her way!

:banana2: (one for the road)
Old 4/18/05, 09:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As of April 14, your car has been shipped by convoy carrier.

I live in California, who will be the first to get their car from the April 11th build week?
Old 4/18/05, 10:00 PM

congrats All who are now in a "shipped" state... this is the first time in 6 years that I regret getting rid of my land line, opting to only have a cell phone... the ERL Lady only ever responds with "Sorry, I didn't understand" yet I don't sense that she's really sorry... me thinks she lies or just very cold and unsympathetic!!

Have to wait till I get into work to find if I'm one of the blessed... arrrrgghhhh!!!!
Old 4/18/05, 10:07 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Rich@April 18, 2005, 10:57 PM
As of April 14, your car has been shipped by convoy carrier.

I live in California, who will be the first to get their car from the April 11th build week?
I had a build week of April 11 and my dealer told me that my car should be here tomorrow (4/19) or Wednesday (4/20). I might win this contest!!! Of course, I'm in Texas, so a little closer than you
Old 4/18/05, 10:11 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoo hooo!!!!! "As of April 15th, your vehicle has been shipped by convoy carrier."

Dunno how long it'll take it to get to Iowa, but unfortunately I won't make it there until 2pm on the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo)

Hopefully I can get my Shinoda Chin Spoiler and Westrenz Ducktail there early enough to be painted and installed before I get there.

Old 4/18/05, 10:20 PM
FR500 Member

YES SHIPPED AS OF APRIL 15th VIA CONVOY CARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4/18/05, 11:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I live 20 min from the plant i should be the one to win darn it
Old 4/19/05, 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by sillystanger@April 18, 2005, 2:02 PM
Still the same status for me as well... grrrrrrr!! Do you think the production was pushed back or is the system just incredibly slow to update??? ("as of April 14..." can't believe that the system hasn't been updated in 4 days now)
Mine is is still saying as of March 24th
Old 4/19/05, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Shipped to Convoy Carrier!!! Woo Hoo

Come to me my baby!!!

I am not sure when the ETA is; But I am sure since I plan on being at Thunder Beach next week that it will arrive while I am at the Rally.

%&$# Murphy's Law.

Oh well, at least I know the end is near.

Oscar
Old 4/19/05, 12:16 PM

Finally got the news... Shipped on the 16th... :dance:

ohhh no.... what do I do now that I can't obsessively call an 800 number for status??? I'm going to miss the ERL lady... I feel like we've grown close lately... might have to call a few times for sentimental value...

Wonder what the odds are that this car is in my grubby hands by Saturday April 30th... two weeks to ship from Flat Rock to South Jersey and prep sounds fair! Fingers crossed.
Old 4/19/05, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by sillystanger@April 19, 2005, 1:19 PM
ohhh no.... what do I do now that I can't obsessively call an 800 number for status??? I'm going to miss the ERL lady... I feel like we've grown close lately... might have to call a few times for sentimental value...

Wonder what the odds are that this car is in my grubby hands by Saturday April 30th... two weeks to ship from Flat Rock to South Jersey and prep sounds fair! Fingers crossed.
Congrats to you and everyone else whose cars are on their way!

PS - If you call the ERL now, she might say "As of April 19th, your car has been recalled to the factory... muhaha!"

Better leave her alone. She's a busy lady!
Old 4/19/05, 12:37 PM
GT Member

Hey now, that ain't even funny.

ERL, just send me the car and there will be no problems.

Oscar
Old 4/19/05, 01:27 PM
FR500 Member

hey charles......mines coming here up north. someone had theirs exactly 2 weeks after build.....my status said as of the 15th. maybe it was shipped before but im not sure. hopefully over spring break it will be here!!
Old 4/19/05, 02:17 PM

Hey Greg, looks like you'll get your car before me... which you should... you GT people have had to wait way too long... don't know how you guys had the patience... does appear that there's a rough "two-week rule" from build to taking delivery from what I've seen in many threads... the couple Jerseyites that I've seen took exactly 2 weeks as you mentioned... I'm watching the build week previous to us (http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....ic=20769&st=20) as their 2 week window starts roughly tomorrow and runs through saturday... btw. they're a pretty weak build week compared to us... their a week ahead of us and only have 2 pages in their thread compared to our 6! I'm thinking about doing a little taunting...

Do I have too much time on my hands????
Old 4/19/05, 02:30 PM
FR500 Member

ur right about the long wait.....my 3 month wait (3 months yesterday and exactly 13 weeks from order) may be half the amount of others, but my friends, classmates, and family cant believe anyone or even me could believe that someone could go thru the torchure. and anyone whose been waiting longer and still waiting im sure its gonna be well worth it
Old 4/19/05, 02:49 PM
GT Member

You are right about the wait. My friends just don't understand why it takes this long to get a car. Most of them haven't seen a GT either, I am sure that when they see mine that they will understand.

The worse part has to be all those weeks where you just know nothing, especially with all the rumors floating around about people not getting their orders filled.

This is week 15 for me.

Everyone Best of luck in getting your cars sometime in the next two to three weeks.

Oscar
Old 4/19/05, 03:42 PM

Presumably we're all going to be walking into a dealership in the very near future and completing our purchases so I'd like to throw into the discussion what remains for us. I know a big part of where the dealer makes his money (and conversely where we lose our money) is in the financing and extended warranty. So I'd be interested to hear everyones thoughts and plans of attack...

My thoughts:
1) Financing - going to walk in with ELoan check at %5.25. I'll make the offer that if the dealership can get me a rate under 5% I'll go with them.
2) Extended Warranty- struggling with this one a bit. Interested in PremiumCare 7yr/60K but think they want around 1200 or so for it... I believe there's a huge markup here so I'll offer roughly %50-%60 of list price (as listed on fordwarrantys.com). If they don't go for it, I think I'd rather put 30 bucks away per month in checking account. This way after 3 yrs I'll 1 grand set aside and by the 6 yr point 2 grand set aside for any problems... and if there are no big problems, I'll have some cash waiting for me... I just can't see paying over 600 for an extended waranty.

Also, a stupid question... since I ordered the car there shouldn't be any dealer options like undercoating or paint protection done without my consent, right?? I understand you might get stuck with that stuff with a car off the lot, but I didn't request/authorize any of that stuff and I don't want to be surprised by that when I go to pick it up.
Old 4/19/05, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

Wow, Charles, you're doing pretty good for yourself. The best rate my credit union could quote was 5.74%. I was happy with that because their rates have been climbing in recent quarters. I'm very happy with their service and they break my car payment in two, so I pay half on the fifth and half on the twentieth of the month. Makes it easier to budget that way. Was the same for my Audi and I loved having the flexibility.

So far as the extended warranty goes, I know myself better and would never opt for that. I never have cars for more than three years! Why? Cuz there's always something better coming along! And no, I don't want to lease because I hate the restrictions and if I decide to keep the car, I wouldn't want to have to buy it all over again, "fair market value" and all!

You are wise; don't let them snow you into getting rust proofing and sound deadening or paint sealants unless you live in an extremely harsh climate and intend on exposing your car to very severe elements. I got the sealant put on my Audi because I'm too darn lazy to wax a car. Although, with all of the talk about Zaino products on this forum, I might change my tune; the results are incredible!

At any rate, I think it's great we're all getting our cars soon. I stopped by my dealer today and the sales manager showed me the daily status reports. Mine said "BUCKED" and was expected at the dealership on April 30th. He said it's got to go to the "RAMP" and perhaps another place before it actually gets delivered to the dealership. Funny, I thought that my car was on one of those big honkin' car carriers! I thought it was already narrowing the 627 mile gap between Detroit and Richmond. Oh well. What do I know?

All I can say is I'm pretty relieved that my (very brief by comparison) wait is almost over. Heck, I ordered on March 17th for crying out loud! Luck 'o the Irish, eh?

All the best,
Chris

:rock: on, one and all... :banana2:

Quick Reply: Build Week of April 11th?