2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bittersweet end, but how fitting (Bullitt pics)

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/08, 09:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys that want a 60's Mustang so bad, have you actually driven one? If you're used to driving an 05+ stang, you're going to be sorely disappointed in a vintage stang. They are beautiful to look at, but they really show their age (and lack of technology) on the road. They handle and ride lousy, don't offer much in interior comfort, have sloppy fit compared to today's cars and have underwhelming performance unless you're packing a big block. Even then don't expect to enjoy anything other than straight-line performance. Oh, and let's not forget stopping power (or lack thereof). I owned several muscle cars back in the 70's & 80's and loved them to pieces at the time, but now when I go back and drive one it's always amazing to me how old and clunky they feel. Go to car shows and enjoy those classics for the beauties they are, then jump in your new stang for the ride home and experience a reminder of what real all-around performance is all about
Old 2/13/08, 11:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I noticed it right off. When I was checking out the Bullitt I also noticed two rather large gouges in the lower part of the front bumper. That car isn't going to the guy who bought my car. My car is going to Georgia and the Bullitt is going to N.C. Anyway the Bullitt owner is gonna be ****ed! I know I would be. I have a feeling that front bumper is gonna have to be re-painted to satisfy the owner. Also.......the front spoiler had some road rash. Needless to say it looked to have been test driven a time or two.
Completely unrelated to the topic at hand here... but I live in NC and passed that bullitt the other day and thought to myself, why is that being hauled in front, without a cover.
Old 2/13/08, 07:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 68 fastback but it was a Minnesota car and needed too much work. I didn't pay that much for it and I knew it needed work I just didn't have the time to build it. I still miss it. It sure didn't drive like my 06 but it was a blast none the less.
Old 2/14/08, 01:59 PM

Rob, just reading this post. I didn't realize you were selling the 68. I know your pain choosing between a toy and the family. I have let some real beauties go over the years. But in the end I have no regrets. Oh and I hope to do some fishing in that pond. Well drink a cold one and talk about the one that got away.

P.S. count on the BMMC to be present in force at the stampeed show this year.
Old 2/14/08, 07:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidM
Rob, just reading this post. I didn't realize you were selling the 68. I know your pain choosing between a toy and the family. I have let some real beauties go over the years. But in the end I have no regrets. Oh and I hope to do some fishing in that pond. Well drink a cold one and talk about the one that got away.

P.S. count on the BMMC to be present in force at the stampeed show this year.
Thanks David.......I may have one hell of a Mustang party when the house is built. I'm glad you guys are coming down. The Stampede is the biggest show we do every year. You guys will help us make it even bigger!!!!!!