2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bittersweet end, but how fitting (Bullitt pics)

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/08, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Tough Day!!

Rob and the TMS Gang:

Very hard to hear about such a wonderful Stang ever having to leave one's Pony corral!! Hope for Better days for you Rob!! Future upgrade?

Say Gang. Did you see how they had that new Bullitt is strapped down to the car hauler? through the mag spokes no less! Imagine the rub marks that will leave on the paint areas, at it's arrival! Hope they put some pads on those straps, but I don't see any. Did you? Ouch. Glad its not mine, being hauled like that!! Just my 2-Cents. "RC"
Old 2/10/08, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Rob and the TMS Gang:

Very hard to hear about such a wonderful Stang ever having to leave one's Pony corral!! Hope for Better days for you Rob!! Future upgrade?

Say Gang. Did you see how they had that new Bullitt is strapped down to the car hauler? through the mag spokes no less! Imagine the rub marks that will leave on the paint areas, at it's arrival! Hope they put some pads on those straps, but I don't see any. Did you? Ouch. Glad its not mine, being hauled like that!! Just my 2-Cents. "RC"

I noticed it right off. When I was checking out the Bullitt I also noticed two rather large gouges in the lower part of the front bumper. That car isn't going to the guy who bought my car. My car is going to Georgia and the Bullitt is going to N.C. Anyway the Bullitt owner is gonna be ****ed! I know I would be. I have a feeling that front bumper is gonna have to be re-painted to satisfy the owner. Also.......the front spoiler had some road rash. Needless to say it looked to have been test driven a time or two.
Old 2/10/08, 02:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Guys, although it looked good on the outside, it needed more TLC than I can afford right now. I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old. I have my 06 to play with and as a family we have big plans for a new house on 2 1/2 acres in the near future. This realy allows us to save a lot more money to do that. Besides I always really wanted a 69 anyway and the wife said after the new house I have the green light to start looking. I learned alot with the 68 and I know now what to look for when shopping for 40 year old car.

hey Backafter20.........check this pic......he only got the standard Oklahoma Plate.......I kept this personalized state issued Oklahoma Mustang club tag for me.....it's already on the garage wall.

I am going to stand up and tell say you made the right decision. Family first. I went through the a similar situation. And hey, like you said, you still have the 06
Old 2/10/08, 04:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by red454
Wow - it is hard to let go. Sold my '69 Mach nearly 20 years ago.

9F02M181010. I won't forget that VIN...

Man, that was a NICE Mach.
Old 2/10/08, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

the 68 fastback is my dream car!!!!

some day i will own one. some day.

funny how you memorize vins on cars

my 65 is 5t09t133031

ill never forget it.
Old 2/11/08, 04:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
If your a working class guy that was a stupid move
Old 2/11/08, 08:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by black sunshine
Hmmmmmm. That's funny black sunshine. I really don't remember asking for opinions. You might want to get your facts straight before calling something a stupid move...........I love mustangs, but they aren't my life. I'd much rather have my new 4000 square foot home overlooking a private pond that my whole family can enjoy than to have a 68 fastback in my garage, but that's just me. I'll get another classic someday. I may pay more for it, but it will be a nicer car than the one I sold.

Right now my family comes first. If that is stupid in your opinion then I feel sorry for you.................well not really. I researched some of your other posts before responding to this one. You seem to have a real knack for smart a$$ posts. Guys like you do keep the forums interesting though so keep the posts coming!
Old 2/11/08, 09:42 AM

Don't let black_sunshine rain on your parade. Family first!
The '68 looked nice but like you pointed out, prior owners can really take a toll.
Old 2/11/08, 09:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedHorse1
Don't let black_sunshine rain on your parade. Family first!
The '68 looked nice but like you pointed out, prior owners can really take a toll.
He's got to do a lot better than that to **** me off, I just felt the need to respond. I feel really good about my decision.

FYI........to make this car what I really wanted it to be would have cost me upwards of $30,000. I would have had over $50,000 in it when it was all said and done. I just can't see spending that kind of money on a "toy" at this time in my life. Now I have a 1969 mustang to look forward to later in life. Until then I'm loving my 06.
Old 2/11/08, 09:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cars come and go, like most others Family First!
Old 2/11/08, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Hmmmmmm. That's funny black sunshine. I really don't remember asking for opinions. You might want to get your facts straight before calling something a stupid move...........I love mustangs, but they aren't my life. I'd much rather have my new 4000 square foot home overlooking a private pond that my whole family can enjoy than to have a 68 fastback in my garage, but that's just me. I'll get another classic someday. I may pay more for it, but it will be a nicer car than the one I sold.

Right now my family comes first. If that is stupid in your opinion then I feel sorry for you.................well not really. I researched some of your other posts before responding to this one. You seem to have a real knack for smart a$$ posts. Guys like you do keep the forums interesting though so keep the posts coming!

Cudos to you, family first and foremost, toys are important but come second to a family guy. You have my respect
Old 2/11/08, 09:30 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
... i understand but it would still pain me...
Back in '01 I bought a '68 GT. Short of an off chassis restoration every avaliable new part went in which included a Ford Racing 302, 5-spd, interior, to the tune of almost $20K. It became a Bullitt recreation. Its beauty was over shadowed by the realty of its engineering being 45 years old.

I was disappointed, sold it, and had no regrets. We look at pictures, long for the good old days, and feel they passed us by. I think not. Today's Mustang GT, SE's, GT500, and the tuners Mustangs are the best there has ever been.
Old 2/12/08, 05:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Back in '01 I bought a '68 GT. Short of an off chassis restoration every avaliable new part went in which included a Ford Racing 302, 5-spd, interior, to the tune of almost $20K. It became a Bullitt recreation. Its beauty was over shadowed by the realty of its engineering being 45 years old.

I was disappointed, sold it, and had no regrets. We look at pictures, long for the good old days, and feel they passed us by. I think not. Today's Mustang GT, SE's, GT500, and the tuners Mustangs are the best there has ever been.
Very true........I had never owned an old car before and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed when driving it around. I wouldn't have been happy until I had a rack and pinion, new updated a/c, disc brakes all around, and probably a fuel injected motor. The next time I hear someone say "They don't make em like they use to." I'm responding by saying "hell no, they make em much better." I love the looks of the old cars, but the engineering was horrible compared to todays vehicles.
Old 2/12/08, 07:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Old 2/12/08, 07:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Nice pics, thanks for posting!
Old 2/12/08, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

That was a visually stunning car you sold.

Hopefully you will have time for more toys eventually.
Old 2/12/08, 11:21 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... I love the looks of the old cars
So do I. Who could have imagined, so many of the favorites designs and muscle cars would be reincarnated 40 years later by the original manufacturers?
Old 2/12/08, 06:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Today's Mustang GT, SE's, GT500, and the tuners Mustangs are the best there has ever been.
True... except for the looks. Ford came close with the latest one, but I wish they would've looked real hard at the rear flanks of a '68 when they were designing it.
Old 2/12/08, 06:56 PM
V6 Member

I agree with the comment about classic cars sometimes sometimes being a bit disappointing. I had a near-stock 69 GT coupe for about a ten years. It was fun to look at, fun to take to car shows, but a CHORE to drive. Rock-hard clutch, sloppy shifter, no power steering, drum brakes, black vinyl interior.... nothing atypical for a car of its day. When I was done with it, I was done with it, and it went to a new home. Probably also had something to do with me getting older...... My new Mustang is much more enjoyable. We should all count our good fortune.
Old 2/12/08, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

ouch.......

Originally Posted by black sunshine

everyones got their reasons.
someone else will be able to cherish his ride as much as he did. now he can start another one too!!!

Quick Reply: Bittersweet end, but how fitting (Bullitt pics)