Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mustang GT

Its been a while since i have last posted here......i had a 2004 mach1....got married, had baby and sold the mach and bought an edge...

For the past year, I HAVE MISSED MY STANG!

I cant take it anymore....here is the car i am taking delivery of in about 3 weeks (still keeping the Edge for wife and baby)

2008 Mustang GT premium
Black
Black Leather
Auto
GT upgrade
Interior Upgrade
Comfort upgrade
Ambient Lighting
17 inch Machined cast aluminum wheels with pony tri bar

What do you guys think?
Old 2/14/08, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice choice except the color. It isn't one. But besides this it is what a cool 08 stang should be. Think of HID again, its great!
Old 2/14/08, 10:21 AM
CAL
GT Member

Nice, I'd go with the black with red interior. I just think that color combo is "the" best looking Stang....next to a CS/GT Performance White - of course
Old 2/14/08, 11:17 AM
GT Member

Silverbull, I like your options. I ordered the same rims on my 08 GT vert, due in next week. Good luck with it!
Old 2/14/08, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAL
Nice, I'd go with the black with red interior. I just think that color combo is "the" best looking Stang....next to a CS/GT Performance White - of course
Funny you say that....i was going to buy the exact same car as you!

as for the HID....why is it so much better than reg lamps? it makes tht much a difference?
Old 2/14/08, 11:30 AM

I have the factory HIDs, here's my opinion:

It's brighter than the regular lamps. But if you don't really care that much, stick with the regular lamps. The fog lamps will match your driving lights with the exact same shade of yellow and your car will look perfect at night.

If you get the HIDs, the fogs will be clearly yellow and your HIDs will be clearly white. And you will never use your fogs because it will make your car look like a clown car.

Only get the HIDs if you are: a) willing to live with very mismatched lights, or b) willing to upgrade the fogs to aftermarket HIDs (what I did)
Old 2/14/08, 11:31 AM

(All a moot point for the less narcisstic)
Old 2/14/08, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
I have the factory HIDs, here's my opinion:

It's brighter than the regular lamps. But if you don't really care that much, stick with the regular lamps. The fog lamps will match your driving lights with the exact same shade of yellow and your car will look perfect at night.

If you get the HIDs, the fogs will be clearly yellow and your HIDs will be clearly white. And you will never use your fogs because it will make your car look like a clown car.

Only get the HIDs if you are: a) willing to live with very mismatched lights, or b) willing to upgrade the fogs to aftermarket HIDs (what I did)

thanks bro...very informative....im gonna stick with the regular lamps....in all honesty i dont even do much driving at nite....
Old 2/14/08, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by silverbull271
Its been a while since i have last posted here......i had a 2004 mach1....got married, had baby and sold the mach and bought an edge...

I cant take it anymore....here is the car i am taking delivery of in about 3 weeks (still keeping the Edge for wife and baby)

2008 Mustang GT premium
Black
Black Leather
Auto
GT upgrade
Interior Upgrade
Comfort upgrade
Ambient Lighting

What do you guys think?
I think it's a great color combo! Black/Black is beautiful, just keep her clean.

No offense, but I think the red interior is horrid. JMO...

My only suggestion is to get different wheels! You will (IMO) hate those cast aluminum wheels pretty quickly and when you take them off and try to sell them, you will quickly find that they are worth NOTHING on the open market. You'll end up nearly GIVING them away. (I speak from experience! Also ask LEO06GT as well...)

Other than that... great choice! Beautiful car! Post pix when you take delivery...
Old 2/14/08, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great choices.

Except, dump the ambient Lighting. It is a waste of money as a Mustang option. You would be better served spending that cash on a real upgrade option like 3.55 gears.
Old 2/14/08, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
Great choices.

Except, dump the ambient Lighting. It is a waste of money as a Mustang option. You would be better served spending that cash on a real upgrade option like 3.55 gears.

not available for the AUTO....BUT, i am thinking about dumping the ambient lighting and get the better wheels.....which wheels do you guys recommend?
Old 2/14/08, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh I didn't see you were getting an auto. Bummer the gear upgrade is no longer an option.

There is the new Chrome 18" Bullitt style wheels that are available. They look really nice, especially on a Black Mustang. Not only that, but they retain their value.
Old 2/14/08, 12:08 PM
Banned

Can somebody PLEASE help me out getting an X plan pin?

Im literally scrounging pennies here to get in this bad boy
Old 2/14/08, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Can somebody PLEASE help me out getting an X plan pin?

Im literally scrounging pennies here to get in this bad boy
Have you tried the forums at blueovalnews.com?

They are good at helping people out with Xplan PINs.
Old 2/14/08, 01:32 PM
GT Member

not available for the AUTO....BUT, i am thinking about dumping the ambient lighting and get the better wheels.....which wheels do you guys recommend?
Dude, get the wheels YOU want, not what somebody on a message board wants!
Old 2/14/08, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Novelty goat
Dude, get the wheels YOU want, not what somebody on a message board wants!
i really aint so hot on those wheels.....my problem is $....iim scrounging over here....i really want the 18 inch polished chromes...but what i want and what i get are 2 diff things
Old 2/14/08, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

2008 Mustang GT premium
Black
Black Leather
Auto
GT upgrade
Interior Upgrade
Comfort upgrade
Ambient Lighting

What do you guys think?
How do you like the edge? I think they are great looking family cars. By the way, nice Mustang!!!
Old 2/14/08, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Concerning HID...it is better at night and I don't use the foglights at all. But its your choice. I would kick Ambient light and go for HID. I drove HID Cars for 9 years now and for me its like driving in black clouds with halogens...never again.

Concerning wheels. don't waste money on pricey factory wheels. There is a vast load of excellent aftermarket rims. You will get some, definitely.

The only reason for me for getting 18" factory rims is winter and the option for a Brembo/Movit/Baer-brake Upgrade in the future.
Old 2/14/08, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

CAI, gears, tuner/tune.
Old 2/14/08, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CAL
I am not sure what this guy is talking about but black on black FTW. Nicest color combo out there
Anyway, I prefer manuals and a baby seat fits fine in the back just don'e leave it there too long or your leather will be distorted.

Quick Reply: 2008 Mustang GT