2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone else encounter a "road bully" daily?

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/07, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of motorcycles, I ride, and I can tell you guys that whatever paranoia you feel when you see a certain "type" sharing the road with you gets multiplied by about 100 when you're on a bike. I see certain cars now and get off the gas, cover the brake, and tense up getting ready to evade/impact.

Minivans - no explanation really needed. They're multitasking, and you're not a priority.

Beaters - this is probably an irrational bias on my part, because I can't remember a specific example of one trying to kill me. But anything with that many dents is suspect on general principle.

American luxury cars - we don't have snowbirds here, but plenty of old people, and they love their big Cadillacs and Lincolns. They're all conspiring to murder us, whether they know it or not. They are hands-down the worst - way worse than any aggressive drivers, who at least see you and are usually just trying to have some sort of fun, which you can choose to avoid. The eldery really do not know other people are around them. The two times I've been hit in my life it was by an AARP member who was totally, grossly 100% at fault and couldn't understand why in the world I was in their way when they were innocently trying to drive somewhere.

As further anecdotal evidence I offer my own grandfather. He's 98, he worked hard all his life, nobody ever gave him anything, yada yada yada. He probably hasn't had to answer to anybody for anything for the last 80 years, so there's no way you're getting him off the road, and he refuses to be a passenger (my grandmother can't drive anyway - never had a license). Several times now I've had to go meet him somewhere and help him because he couldn't remember how to get where he was going. Twice he was trying to get to my dad's place, and he was on the opposite end of the city 50 miles away. Do I need to mention that he lives less than a mile from my dad, and they've both lived in their respective homes for at least the last 30 years? It was the signs! They keep changing the signs, obviously to confuse and humiliate him. He actually writes letters to his councilman to complain about this sign fiasco. My poor grandmother...
Old 11/22/07, 03:43 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, bikers know this more than anyone. Especially those of us who've been hit by someone not paying attention.
Old 11/23/07, 07:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elcaminoguy
Yeah, I know what the problem is at least around here. Just about everybody is caught up in their own little world and that's all that's important.

The soccer mom's are worried about stuff I don't even remotely care about. All I know is that they congregate around my house with their minvans and huge SUV's around 3:30PM. There's no parking signs everywhere but they don't care. One of them actually got in a fight with the mailman because he was taking up space with his mail truck.

Geez how did I ever survive, I can count on one hand the number of times I ever got a ride to or from school that didn't involve a school bus.

I'm not going into the whole walk 100 miles in 30 foot snowdrifts barefoot carrying my brother on my back thing, I'm not that old....

The snowbird set is fun too. They're afraid of their own cars, have no idea where they're going and don't care when they get there. From October till April you take your life in your hands around my neighborhood.

I understand how they've earned the right to do as they please because they've managed to stay on the planet for so long. But really, they're a rolling hazard and I'm all for giving them their own road with big inflatable things on the sides like they do for kids at the bowling alley. They can have an exclusive path that goes from the senior center to the grocery store with exits for the House of pancakes and Lubys and of course the bank.

Then we have the young turks with something to prove. Whatever claptrap bungee corded mess they cold pull out of their dad's backyard will do. The cars are usually missing major parts, belching oil smoke and have to be restarted in the middle of the intersection while I'm behind them.

Ahh! but the radio sounds great. If you don't mind the cheapy Kraco door speakers and 36 inch subwoofer crackling out some kind of indecipherable noise. It usually involves a drum machine at some point and some angry person yelling something about automatic weapons from what I've gathered.

Then there's the overgrown adolescents with more money than sense like the micro-moron in the F350 I described earler.

These yo-yos are actually a subset of the turks group except they're older and someone gave them a job for a month (transporting drugs) or a relative died and left them money. It's either some huge truck that you could drive under if it weren't for the super-mudder tires (great choice for the freeway by the way) Or the car of your dreams that they neither deserve nor can operate (Z06, Shelby Gt, Viper, Z3, you pick)

These are likely the impromptu races we've all run in to. They're just like the others even though it seems like they're paying attention to you it's still all about them. You're in the way and need to be conquered and the heck with safety or common sense for that matter.

That's the common thread, None of them care much about anyone but themselves. I guess it's human nature but when you have so many people in one place you can't go too long with that attitude before you plow into someone

Just life I guess...

Just in case your wondering...that is the funniest thing i have ever heard
Old 11/24/07, 03:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I once had a this guy driving a nice 70' Chevelle pull up along side of my 67'Rebel(bench racer).He starts in on the engine reving...I tell him he'll kick my ****(my car had a 290 w/3 on the tree).He doesn't give up.I finally tell him to quit picking on old folks.The light turns red,he stalls and I just go home laughing my head off. Mean people suck.
Attached Images  
Old 11/25/07, 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

This is also timely - seems especially around the holidays, there are more "amateurs" on the road than ever.

The other day I saw a CRV with "Support Our Environment" plates doing about 85-90 down the highway, racing for its life, b/c it was being bullied by a Prius. The guy in the Prius was tailgating and kept trying to pass the CRV in the right lane but couldn't. About a mile up the highway he finally does and then slams on the brakes in front of the CRV. It was just funny as hell seeing two tree huggers "racing".

My biggest pet peeve is "street" driving on the highway. I can't stand it when someone passes me on open highway and slides in with less than half a car length in front of me. Call me extreme, but I give about 3-4 seconds distance behind the person in front of me when I'm doing 75. In the left lane is the "chain gang" of pickups and SUV's going 10-15 over and less than half a car distance between them.
Old 11/25/07, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

If I had the money, I would have you come to Edmonton, Alberta, rent you a car and have your drive around Edmonton for a day. We get those drivers you are talking about constantly mostly in pickup trucks and SUV type vehicles. Nutbars with a license the lot of them.
Old 11/25/07, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by DavidM
I saw a guy in a minivan about three cars in front of me in the left lane on the highway "bullying" a car in front of him that was going ner 80 in a 65 in heavy morning traffic, jerk his wheel to the right zipping all the way across to the extreme outside lane (3 lane highway) gun it taking his van up to well over 100 then jerked it back to the left to get back i front of the driver he was bullying before and slammed on his brakes. Forcing the car off the road and nearly causing several other cars to crash. Several cars had to go into the center divider to avoid crashing. Including myself. The guy kept applying his brakes until he was satisfied that the other driver was fully stopped. I thought he was going to get out of his car. I have a CCW Permit and prepared myself to use deadly force against this guy who had just used his car as a weapon. Lucky for him he continued on his way and did not exit his car. I think he realized the situation he created with about a half a dozen cars and all the angry drivers he was now forced to deal with. This lunatic had he persisted with his road rage could have lost his life and could have killed someone. For what? To be 2 minutes earlier to his destination? Driving in Tulsa nets you the same problems everone else has described with inconsiderate crazy drivers. I guess it happens everywhere. Oh and don't get me started on the potholes you have to look out for on top of the crazies. They can swallow your car!
I call these guys in minivans Desperate Dads. An absolutely perfect example of the breed.
Old 11/25/07, 01:10 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CarRamRod
This morning:
I had a guy pass me on a solid yellow line 2 lane road today. I was doing 39-42 in a 35. I was being careful. He revved as he passed me in his infiniti G something or other and probably was doing 80-100 going around a corner up ahead since he gunned it like he was trying to race me or something and blew past me. I hear this horrible noise from his tires up ahead and come around the corner this morning to find him nose 100 degrees turned to the right lip of the car over the shoulder of the road about 1 foot from a metal light post backing up slowly. He completely lost control of his vehicle. There were skid marks for at least 50 feet and of course since up here there is a costco on the other side of the road a police officer pulls out of the parking lot in a Explorer (police vehicle) and turns his lights on and stop him. Let them act like complete idiots. You got what counts in your vehicle. You don't ever have to show them. They will get owned by their own stupidity.
Drive responsibly and carefully and play with your car when its appropriate.
At this point I'd have stopped walked up to his window..pointed and laughed
Old 11/25/07, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

every morning at 6:45 i run into this guy in a big dodge truck, always doing about 70 in a 55, im usually doing 60 or so, i always make it a game to try to keep him behind me without doing over 60 or so, i usually use other traffic to help block him off,

i never minded until after about 2 weeks of him blowing by me, then it started to get really annoying.

right after he goes by, an older riced out honda goes by with some young punk in it.....

i see these guys every morning. they are really starting to annoy me.
Old 11/25/07, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
every morning at 6:45 i run into this guy in a big dodge truck, always doing about 70 in a 55, im usually doing 60 or so, i always make it a game to try to keep him behind me without doing over 60 or so, i usually use other traffic to help block him off,

i never minded until after about 2 weeks of him blowing by me, then it started to get really annoying.

right after he goes by, an older riced out honda goes by with some young punk in it.....

i see these guys every morning. they are really starting to annoy me.
Nobody wants to be a snitch - but there comes a time. Get the license plate number and/or discription and Call 911 non-emergency ask for DPS, Highway Patrol, or Police and give the location while letting them know what is happening - you will get results and more importantly probably prevent an incident or accident. We observed a driver under the influence during a hit & run and we caught up to him and called it in, the Police were waiting for him a couple of blocks a head and caught up with him.
Old 11/25/07, 10:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

if the guy keeps it up i wont hesitate to do so.

last year some kids in a car had what looked like a .357 magnum.....

i got on my cell and the cops caught up with them down the road..

i never heard what happened
Old 11/25/07, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

stupid people on the road really **** me off sometimes
Old 11/26/07, 08:25 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
This morning's trip was rediculous as usual. I drive 2 hours on I-95...no problems. But as soon as I start to get on my blinker to merge right onto the lane to merge into I-40, some moron in an older jeep grand cherokee decides to get in the lane first and cut me off, even at 70 I can hear his booming radio, luckily I saw him at the last minute, and got out of the way, he goes flying by, never saw him again, but I'm hoping it was him that a cop had pulled. Then these morons that have no clue how to merge try to get in whn the limit is 65, doing like 30, causing traffic to back up and slow waaay down... and school buses, limited 50mph out on the interstate causing more trouble, ugh, dont get me started.