2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone else encounter a "road bully" daily?

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/07, 09:37 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else encounter a "road bully" daily?

I have a cast of @$$ holes I encounter daily. I have dubbed them "road bullies", because that's what they are. I have also made it a mission to thwart them at every turn.

Road Bully #1 a.k.a. "Nemesis" - Newer Chevy 4x4 P/U truck, yes with the #8 Nascar stickers and all. This guy is on my way-to AND way-home trip 3/5 days/week. Always weaving, always passing, always tail-gating.
tries to "race" me home daily......ALWAYS LOSES! It is SAD that this guy actually thinks he can out manuever and out-drive me in my GT. The better man & car crushes him daily, with minimal effort, and no reckless driving that would endanger anyone else. The guy is just the King of all LOSERS. Gotta love his window sticker- "I'm not tailgating, I'm drafting".....or the gem "JUST SHUT UP & DRIVE". Real class act this guy.

Road Bully #2 a.k.a. "Trash-Man" - early 80's Chevy El Camino, or whatever the hell those fugly things were. Now, this guy is an out-right freak in his car. His favorite thing to do is spot me from a 1/2 mile back, and then blow by me as fast as he can!! I see him about once every two-three weeks, but he NEVER fails to do it. It's funny. One day, while right behind him at a light, i just could not hold back. I floored it in first, shot around him, and speed shifted into second leaving him in the dust, and drowning out the ever-so-lame sound of his (170hp?) 305. JEEEEEZ I have also observed this guy before he sees me, and he just bullies every single car in front of him to move over. I HATE this guy, and if I could put him into a jersey wall, I would. Sorry, tis true. He is truly a hazard, in a sub-par car, poorly handling/breaking car driving like a maniac. Of course, like "Nemisis", he gets crushed regularly by the Stang.

Road Bully #3 (A 60 YEAR OLD LADY!!)....lol a.k.a. "5th Girl", cause that's what her plates read. Honda Accord - same driving style as Chevy P/U dude. Again, an easy kill with some subtle but effective throttle jabs, and superior driving skills. She's on the phone about %90 of the time too.

Now, I know what you all are thinking. I AM NUTS!! Nooooo, believe me, I spent MONTHS trying to ignore these people. MONTHS!!! Giving them the right of way, taking abuse from them, but I finally snapped. These days, they get passed, cut in front of, and out-car'd/classed/drivin every time. They have earned it. They also fall under the category: "I am a loser in a crap-mobile, and I am ****ed off that you have a nice car". This I can tell by the extra effort expended in going out of their way to pass/cut in front of me in our early encounters. Just though I'd share my slice of insanity. Oh yeah, and these are N. Virginia drivers,....hands down the rudest, lamest, most un-skilled peeps to ever get behind a wheel. I feel it is my mission to school em!!! lol

(I must add, most of my moves are VERY subtle. I am NOT driving recklessly, these losers are not worth that. Better breaking/accel/and overall driving skills make it relatively easy to thwart them. That's the kicker. They drive like that, and get where they are going no sooner, EVER. Now, granted....I would cut a bit more slack if these were Z28's, other Stangs, or T.A.'s......I mean, hell there is a pecking order. These people are just plain PECKERS!.....lol)

Anyone else have a road-bully???
Old 11/20/07, 10:03 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Im in Raleigh, everyone here seems to do that. The main road behind campus (where people walk all the time) has a 45 speed limit, and if you arent doing about 50, ppl will run you over.
Old 11/20/07, 10:16 AM
Cobra R Member

The "road bullies" in my area come in all sizes and shapes, but the vast majority are guys in pickups, followed by beatup ricers driven by 17 year olds that are flat out dangerous and shouldn't be driving at all.
Old 11/20/07, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations, you are now part of the problem.
Old 11/20/07, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

This morning:
I had a guy pass me on a solid yellow line 2 lane road today. I was doing 39-42 in a 35. I was being careful. He revved as he passed me in his infiniti G something or other and probably was doing 80-100 going around a corner up ahead since he gunned it like he was trying to race me or something and blew past me. I hear this horrible noise from his tires up ahead and come around the corner this morning to find him nose 100 degrees turned to the right lip of the car over the shoulder of the road about 1 foot from a metal light post backing up slowly. He completely lost control of his vehicle. There were skid marks for at least 50 feet and of course since up here there is a costco on the other side of the road a police officer pulls out of the parking lot in a Explorer (police vehicle) and turns his lights on and stop him. Let them act like complete idiots. You got what counts in your vehicle. You don't ever have to show them. They will get owned by their own stupidity.
Drive responsibly and carefully and play with your car when its appropriate.
Old 11/20/07, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a road near my work that was 30mph, is now 25 but people still get on my tail if I'm going any less than 30 or so. They think its a racetrack.

I do quite often see a guy leaving that area in a 350Z at the same time I do, I've given him a few good runs on occasion.
Old 11/20/07, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

I don't really have run-ins with the same people as much as run-ins with idiots in the same area. My personal favorite is when they dart out, pass me, cut in front of me, and then turn. They don't turn quickly. No, they almost come to a complete stop, making me do the same. It's always in the same area of town, just before a grocery store. I guess they're afraid that the bananas will sell out of stock if they don't drive like that.

The ones who do this, and turn fast, I don't care about that. If they're in a hurry, and don't bother me, I couldn't care less. But the ones that go out of their way to make me slam on the brakes as they turn in front of me after just cutting me off, no.

I don't follow them, but I do lay into the horn now. No exceptions.
Old 11/20/07, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

Lucky you, you havent seen these slow as drivers here in sac.
As soon as everyone sees the cop, all the retards slam their dam brakes.
Old 11/20/07, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

That was an entertaining and funny post!

Luckily, I don't really run into the same bullies on a regular basis, but I sure see a lot of one-time idiots.
Old 11/20/07, 01:47 PM
V6 Member

Im usually the one doing the bullying.
Old 11/20/07, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jonztang
early 80's Chevy El Camino, or whatever the hell those fugly things were.
Hey!

Old 11/20/07, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

When in heavy traffic I have a lot of laid back music (actually is labeled "laid back" on the pod) that I listen to and go w/ the flow of things. I ignore the idiots and try to enjoy the drive. Guess these things come w/ the territory when one gains maturity.
Old 11/20/07, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

There used to be one here in my town. It was a 16 year old kid driving a s281 none s/c. He wrecked it though and his bullying days are over for now. It was such a waist of a fine car, even though it was kinda slow and needed mods. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else encounter a "road bully" daily?-saleen.jpg  
Old 11/20/07, 02:54 PM

I used to try to beat agressive drivers, but not anymore. Maybe it comes with age, but when someone is agressive I just back off and let them speed away.

OTOH, on a clear expressway with nobody around, watch out
Old 11/20/07, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

it's always black chargers. they are ****s.
no turn signals. ever.
Old 11/20/07, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Im in Raleigh, everyone here seems to do that. The main road behind campus (where people walk all the time) has a 45 speed limit, and if you arent doing about 50, ppl will run you over.

AMEN man
Old 11/20/07, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

When im in winston salem, which isnt much, i cant stand to be there. its not bad, but i still hate it.
Like this one time i was minding my own business, not even speeding like i always do. Running about 70 and some jerk in a honda civic, ALL STOCK. it had nothing on it,no exhaust or anything came flying up and tailgated the crap outta me, doin freakin 70. so needless to say, i slowed down to around 55 just to **** him off. he finally went around me so i shifted into 4th and gunned it just to make him even more mad, never have seen him again.
Old 11/20/07, 04:05 PM

I sympathize with you, so please don't take this the wrong way, but the way I see it is..

What do you get out of "beating" them? Are they all actually trying to "race" you? Not everyone rests their ego on being the "king" on a highway... alot of people just don't care and drive fast for other reasons.

I always gun it up to about 100 right out of the on-ramp, before slowly coasting down to normal speed (75 on i270). It sometimes involves passing by other cars. Sometimes other sporty cars. I sure hope each one of those drivers don't think I'm trying to show off or prove that my car is better...
Old 11/20/07, 04:42 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by GAGT
There used to be one here in my town. It was a 16 year old kid driving a s281 none s/c. He wrecked it though and his bullying days are over for now. It was such a waist of a fine car, even though it was kinda slow and needed mods. LOL

from the looks of it, it needed a driver mod most importantly
Old 11/20/07, 05:03 PM
V6 Member

I don't have any bullies or provocative types, but there are probably half a dozen people I seem to see every day and recognize right away now on my commute to work (about 30 minutes, mostly interstate). Off the top of my head:

Middle-aged-mouth-breather-lady - Drives some kind of Infinity. I'm pretty sure she's asleep at the wheel with her eyes glued open or something. Never seen her move a bit, not even blink.

Eye-make-up-chick - Accord, always leaned towards the middle looking in the mirror while she does her makeup. She sometimes sees me looking and then pretends she's paying attention to the road. She's pretty hot. Too bad she'll stab her brain with that mascara tool some day.

Nose-picker-guy - Drives a junky Cavalier, and I swear I've caught him picking at least 50 times. Must have the cleanest nose in the world when he gets to work. He really digs deep and long. He leans down to wipe them too, probably on the bottom of his seat.

City-bus-driver - The only one who annoys me. Most buses around here stay off the highway, but I see this one about half way to work and he's always doing 50 in the left lane. The bus is really **** wide too, and it floats around over bumps, so he kind of encroaches on people and freaks them out when they try to go around.

Quick Reply: Anyone else encounter a "road bully" daily?