2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 order decision

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/05, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK I ordered my 2006 Mustang in early July but lately I have been second guessing my order and would like your feed back before it's too late to change. as my signiture states I ordered a 2006 V6 Premium with the Pony Package. The reason I question my order is the 05 V6 had some bugs to work out but they are fine now but the 06 v6 adds those front stablizer and rear stablizer bars and some differences in the suspension this to me spells trouble, also the suspension is GT inspired and I have heard that the GT is not as comfotable of a ride as the V6 because of the stiffer suspension and I want the Pony bullits and the pony rocker tape but I don't know about the grill sometimes. If all you guys and gals read this please leave your feed back for me, on the Pony grill, the ride quality of your V6/GT and anything else that pertains to this. I would have posted this in the V6 area but wanted the most exposure for the topic. Thanks in advance
Old 8/12/05, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by vistablue mustang@August 12, 2005, 8:26 AM
OK I ordered my 2006 Mustang in early July but lately I have been second guessing my order and would like your feed back before it's too late to change. as my signiture states I ordered a 2006 V6 Premium with the Pony Package. The reason I question my order is the 05 V6 had some bugs to work out but they are fine now but the 06 v6 adds those front stablizer and rear stablizer bars and some differences in the suspension this to me spells trouble, also the suspension is GT inspired and I have heard that the GT is not as comfotable of a ride as the V6 because of the stiffer suspension and I want the Pony bullits and the pony rocker tape but I don't know about the grill sometimes. If all you guys and gals read this please leave your feed back for me, on the Pony grill, the ride quality of your V6/GT and anything else that pertains to this. I would have posted this in the V6 area but wanted the most exposure for the topic. Thanks in advance
On theV6, I wouldn't worry about comfort. The 16' wheels makes it more comfortable of a ride than the GT, and the stabalizer bars I don't believe make the suspension stiffer, it reinforces the body on turns. No one can give you any advice on the 06 pony package because no one has ridden it, but I think you'll be happy with it.
Old 8/12/05, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

First off, go rent a V6 model and live with it for a week. I loved it.

Then when you return your rental, ask yourself whether you want a car that looks just like it, or a Special Edition that WON'T look like a rental car. That's why the Pony version is a must for me. I was sold on it before I even found out it had the GT suspension. Icing on the cake IMO.

Cyoon - the pony has the 17 inch bullet wheels and tires from the '05 GT.
Old 8/12/05, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Pardon my ignorance, but where can I confirm that 06 v6 has 2 stablizer bars versus 1 on my 05 v6? Can the second bar be ordered and added to my 05 v6? Has anyone done it? Thanks.
Old 8/12/05, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

I wouldn't even second guess ordering the pony package. It looks great, and the ride won't be much worse.
Old 8/12/05, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AvtoLubitel+August 12, 2005, 11:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AvtoLubitel @ August 12, 2005, 11:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pardon my ignorance, but where can I confirm that 06 v6 has 2 stablizer bars versus 1 on my 05 v6? Can the second bar be ordered and added to my 05 v6? Has anyone done it? Thanks.
[/b]

You can read about it here http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...5/06/index.htm
as far as installing it goes I don't know about that.

<!--QuoteBegin-lodom
@August 12, 2005, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't even second guess ordering the pony package. It looks great, and the ride won't be much worse.
[/quote]
I know but when I hear alot of people discuss it the first thing they say is it looks like old junk rather then a modern classic. Not to mention they always talk bout the honeycomb spacing. I was darn positive I wanted it till I started hearing all the nay sayers and then the ride quality hit me. keep the opinions coming
Old 8/12/05, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

I originally ordered a Pony package also. I liked the grill and it seemed it was a GT except for engine and diff. Then I decided to get the GT and mod the grill to look like the pony. As for stripes, those can be added late if I want.
Old 8/12/05, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ualpow@August 12, 2005, 12:10 PM
I originally ordered a Pony package also. I liked the grill and it seemed it was a GT except for engine and diff. Then I decided to get the GT and mod the grill to look like the pony. As for stripes, those can be added late if I want.
Well, this is a first I have never heard a GT owner say they like the Pony grill. Thanks for the input.
Old 8/12/05, 10:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also like the pony grill... Besides, if you decide you don't like it, there will probably be someone on the site willing to do a swap with you.
Old 8/12/05, 10:30 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks! The reason I question my self is that this is my first NEW car and on top of that its a sports car not to mention a Mustang. I have always loved Mustangs and now that I can have one I guess the fact that I have to wait for her to get here gives me too much time to second guess my self. I really appreciate all the guys and gals here helping me through my order and now waiting process, Keep the input coming
Old 8/12/05, 01:45 PM
GT Member

I have ordered almost the same car as you have it sounds like. V6 Premium, Vista Blue, Dark Charcoal Cloth interior and automatic. We didn't get the rest that you did, but for the most part sounds like we shall have twins. I don't really know a great deal about what stablizers do, but dag I am so glad I didn't have the money yet to get a car in 2005 because I LOVE the pony package on the V6's. I really love the 2005 don't get me wrong. But I adore the 2006's. I think I would have been a little sad had I gotten the '05 and then saw the grill on the '06. So I'm happy we weren't ready yet. I don't know if this will help your decision at all, but I'm totally decided about my car. -Marci
Old 8/12/05, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was going to do some suspension work on my V6, but the other day, coming back from a concert, my friends all complimented on how smooth of a ride it was. When they mentioned it, I did notice I really like the way the car rides and now I don't think I'm going to change anything except maybe the tires. As for the rest of the pony package, I like the grille and I think the front and rear stablizer bars will only had to the ride quality. Though the 18" wheels might not. I think you'll be happy with it the way it is though
Old 8/12/05, 03:38 PM
GT Member

I think you just got to go with your gut. I've seen positive and negative opinions regarding the pony package, leather vs. cloth, v6 vs GT, etc. Its all up to taste, and one thing I like about these boards is how accepting everyone is of individual perspectives. Reading these posts and second guessing yourself is just going to drive you crazy during your c/u phase

However you've ordered it, you can't lose
Old 8/12/05, 04:36 PM
GT Member

Fer cryin' out loud...just order it. I did.