Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooo????
Old 9/11/05, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by alfman9@September 11, 2005, 12:46 AM
Sooo????

So..
We still have not seen a car to borrow the keys and try it out. When Ford graces my store with a car I will let you know.
Old 9/14/05, 10:18 PM
V6 Member

OK come on now guys we are all waiting , cash in had looking for a key htat works and doesn't look like a Yugo key. Someone out there m,usdt have the answer.....
Old 9/15/05, 04:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, still no cars here -I am told we should have cars inside of one week will advise when this occurs.
Old 9/15/05, 05:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Rondosa@September 8, 2005, 9:17 AM
So if I'm reading this right, the Fusion system is backward compatible with the old Key/Keyfob system that our Mustangs have...
That would make sense I think - given the potential cost difference for the combined key/remote you could imagine that the rental companies might prefer to stick with the old seperate key/fob. It's too bad the key portion doesn't fold into the fob like a VW key does, the fusion key looks a little bulky...
Old 9/15/05, 07:45 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by SullyND@September 15, 2005, 7:58 AM
That would make sense I think - given the potential cost difference for the combined key/remote you could imagine that the rental companies might prefer to stick with the old seperate key/fob. It's too bad the key portion doesn't fold into the fob like a VW key does, the fusion key looks a little bulky...

I agree - my previous car was an Audi and I loved the switchblade key...it was so compact and handy.

oh well! i'll be more then happy if we can figure out this Fusion key thing...it's at least better then the 1984 keys everyone has now.

kris
Old 9/15/05, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

The fusion key should be just like my BMW key, it is combined but doesnt fold. It is much easier in the pocket than a key and a remote, but I do have to agree that the folding Chrysler/Mercedes key is a little better. I guess we have to take it one step at a time, if it even works.

When will we get a Keyless Go option?
Old 9/15/05, 12:23 PM
V6 Member

I hope Ford is paying attention. Here is one area where a "nice touch" would go a long way, as the key is maybe the one part of the car people handle the most.

This also is an area that an aftermarket mfr might have some success in, for instance I would buy a folding style aftermarket key if it was available to work with the Ford electronics.

My MINI Cooper key is basically a BMW style keyfob, and I like it a lot. It just feels nice in your hand

I've really never known Ford to provide lots of slick technology on it main lineup, (the my-color dash was a shocker to me) like there aren't even HID headlights available for instance.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out something I wish Ford would pay more attention to.

And so what about the Lincoln lineup-- do any of those products have cool keys that might be compatible?
Old 9/15/05, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 06GT&05MCS@September 15, 2005, 2:26 PM
I hope Ford is paying attention. Here is one area where a "nice touch" would go a long way, as the key is maybe the one part of the car people handle the most.

This also is an area that an aftermarket mfr might have some success in, for instance I would buy a folding style aftermarket key if it was available to work with the Ford electronics.

My MINI Cooper key is basically a BMW style keyfob, and I like it a lot. It just feels nice in your hand

I've really never known Ford to provide lots of slick technology on it main lineup, (the my-color dash was a shocker to me) like there aren't even HID headlights available for instance.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out something I wish Ford would pay more attention to.

And so what about the Lincoln lineup-- do any of those products have cool keys that might be compatible?
Don't forget that you are talking about a company that wouldn't include a $20 piece of plastic to enhance the engine bay look.

Exactly, I strongly agree with you. I'll get in touch with an electronics guy I know...i've been meaning to ask him about a module for MyColor owners so it will remember the last color you were on...i'll ask him about the key too.
Old 9/16/05, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am I the ONLY one here that STILL doesn't think that engine cover looked good? I much prefer seeing the intake manifold, not some piece of useless plastic bolted down on top of it...

Oh, and on topic: What I would like to see is the RFID type key fob where you don't even have a car key. Carry the fob in your pocked and as you approach the car, the doors unlock. Sit down and press the start button and away you go.

Very nice. Nothing dangling from the dash hitting your knees, very small fob in your pocket not taking up much space, no worries about forgetting to remove your keys when you lock it (if you leave the fob in the car, it won't lock the doors), etc. Very nice bit of tech and you KNOW it wouldn't cost that much to implement.
Old 9/16/05, 10:27 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by RRRoamer@September 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
I am I the ONLY one here that STILL doesn't think that engine cover looked good? I much prefer seeing the intake manifold, not some piece of useless plastic bolted down on top of it...

Oh, and on topic: What I would like to see is the RFID type key fob where you don't even have a car key. Carry the fob in your pocked and as you approach the car, the doors unlock. Sit down and press the start button and away you go.

Very nice. Nothing dangling from the dash hitting your knees, very small fob in your pocket not taking up much space, no worries about forgetting to remove your keys when you lock it (if you leave the fob in the car, it won't lock the doors), etc. Very nice bit of tech and you KNOW it wouldn't cost that much to implement.

Having used that system on the new Corvette and the XLR, I can say that it's nice, but kind of annoying sometimes. Plus, that's something that won't hit FORD products for a long time, if ever. At this point, Lincoln is still praying for it.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Ford needs to update it's archaic key/fob system to catch up to the other brands - like VW etc. If the Fusion key works, I think that'll make most of us happy for now.

OK Ford, release the Fusion already so we can try the keys out!! :bang:
Old 9/16/05, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Krissy,

You are probably right about the Mustang not getting anything like that any time soon. Maybe when the Hover Stang comes out....
Old 9/16/05, 01:32 PM
V6 Member

Ford has released some of the fusions, but aparently Hermasillo is either backed up or messed, so fusions are going to take their time getting here, so dont hold you're breath

a local dealer has said its going to be within a week for 3 weeks now

would have made more sense for them to either put the mustang somewhere else and put the fusion with the 6 at flatrock, or put the 6 somewhere else

also, has anyone noticed the window sticker in the left rear window has the built with pride, but unlike stickers on most fords it doesnt say where?

sorry, alot off topic there
Old 9/16/05, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RRRoamer@September 16, 2005, 11:50 AM

Walk by your car while going across the street...don't think about it...and all of a sudden you are wondering where some of the stuff in your car went.

The manifold looks fine without the cover, it just looks slightly better with a cover. With that said, I won't be getting one of these aftermarket covers.
Old 9/16/05, 07:27 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree it looks better w/o the cover now that I've gotten used to it. The cover just looks cheap.

As for why the sticker doesn't say where the car's built, it's probably because AAI is considered a Mazda plant (that's why the ERL says "your car has been released from the foreign assembly plant) and they don't want to mess up the Mustang's "American" image, but according to the codes in the VIN, Ford even considers it an imported car.
Old 9/16/05, 10:32 PM
V6 Member

On the sticker, I did not know they considered it an import, and its considered a foreign plant. I did realise they did not want to show off a joint venture plant with Mazda. Interesting info StangNut, thanks much.
Old 9/17/05, 01:50 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, there's a lot of other clues when you decode the VIN that say it's a Mazda product.
I just reposted what all the VIN tells you in this thread:
Vin code question
Old 9/17/05, 09:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by 06GT&05MCS@September 15, 2005, 12:26 PM

We also own a mini cooper s and it would be nice to have a key like the mini to use in the mustang
Old 9/17/05, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by USMC0341@September 17, 2005, 11:12 AM
We also own a mini cooper s and it would be nice to have a key like the mini to use in the mustang

not bad looking at all...i still like the pocket knife style>>
Old 9/17/05, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, the MINI key also charges the remote battery when the key is in the ignition.

Obviously if the Fusion key had this feature we couldn't use it since the Mustang wouldn't have the charging system, but I doubt Ford went that route.

Quick Reply: 2006 Fusion Keys