2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 mustang burn out on afm

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/04, 02:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was one dumb move.Sure do a burnout all darn day and night if ya want.But dont do it 3 feet from someones life! There is no excuse for such a silly and possible very dangerous move.Frankly id go so far as to say that the ford dealship where this stunt was done should be fined and the head of it send to drivers safty school.The announcer mentions "office take him away" now i cant see a officer there,but if there was one both he and the driver should have been thrown in jail!!!

Dumb Dumb Dumb
Old 9/30/04, 03:17 AM
Bullitt Member

whats a brake stand burnout.. i thought all burnouts are when you put your foot on the brake an floor the gas?

anyway.. i dont think one burnout ruined his tires.. but its not something i would do with my new mustang.. ill do it eventually though
Old 10/11/04, 02:53 AM

Thumbs down

Good to see so many posts on this one. And this video all over the Internet. Couple of pages on Google, even...

This seems to be the only site that is posting whiny things about the event (impose fines and driver's school? nutz). Maybe I can clear up some confusion..

My name is Jon Schultz. A Mustang hobbiest to the core, I am president of the Beach Cities Mustang Club, Board Member of the SVTOA LA-OC Chapter (the club doing the show the burnout took place at) and a sales manager at Sunset Ford in Westminster, CA. The dealership in the burnout video. That is my voice you hear over the PA system...

First and formost, not one person was in danger. In the video you see two people that I assigned to walk along the sides of the car, keeping people away. There were few people anyway, because no one knew the 2005 was there. We were in the middle of the AM driver's meeting when I que'd him to start the surprise intro. As XMP's Eric Cheney and his 2005 SEMA Fastback starts off, there is no one else other than the 'guards' near the car. As he comes around the corner in a haze of smoke, the crowd LOOKS close, but is still over 40 yards away, with me standing the closest to the burnout. It does LOOK like he is right there, but alas, the only people in danger were named Focus, Explorer and Ranger. After the main burnout, I joke about a "reverse burnout", and he actually was able to do this. Way cool.

This was by far the coolest piece of 2005 Mustang video I've ever seen...

Other misconceptions in this forum:
1) No, the car is not the Dealer unit and will not be sold to the public. Duh.
2) This is one of the first production Mustangs built. It was one of 11 or so sold for $1. It is called a "SEMA car". Ford makes these cars available to automotive businesses (100+ applied) to show their parts and skill at November's SEMA show in Vegas. It is dictated by Ford that these cars be shown off over the coming year.
3) The drivetrain, engine, and more will be modified or replaced. The tires so many of you are worried about were headed for the trash bin anyway. What a great way to make them a litle lighter, I say!
4) I was there. Not one person screamed, cried, wet their pants or even complained. No one was in danger. Promise. Lots of cheering..
5) The GT was stock. The exhaust sounds awesome. I was fortunate enough to see one of my salesmen walking around with a camera. I said "stand here and point, stay back, and don't get killed". Thank god he got it all. You just can't hear how it really sounded. AND he seems to have cut off my line at the end of the reverse burnout: "Ok, we gotta get it back to Hertz now...". Oh well. It got a good laugh, though.
6) There was a CHP Officer there, as a vendor. Just before the burnout, I had introuduced him, warning everone not to do burnouts as they left.. "I repeat, NO BURNOUTS"....and then the burnout a minute later. The officer got a kick out of it, just like everyone else. :nono:
7) The owner of the dealership showed up 30 minutes later, saw the stripes, and looked at me. "Who did this???"... "Gee, sir, I think someone came in last night when we emptied the lot for the show...". That is my story and I'm sticking to it! Nobody drive the bus over me, ok?
8) This car was not on display at another Ford Dealer. It WAS at the BCMC Mustangs at the Queen Mary 8 Car show (ww.bcmc.net) the next week, though.
9) Sunset Ford was one of the first dealerships to display the 2005, back in April. We ARE the first dealership to work on one... We replaced the bumper and steering column on that famous Red on you see in all the promo photos. We also had 2 mules, and 4 members of Team Mustang at that event...
10) Man, you should have been there!

Eric let me and a friend take the car for a spin. 0-60 was incredible, and it reaches 100 very quickly and smoothly. 110 was as far as I would take it, and only briefly.

Lastly, Brad Barnett has sure created a pretty cool site here. Good job. This is my first post, and I hope to find some time to hang out and meet some of you here. I'll try to post some photos of my 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. Baby photos include several taken on the line at Dearborn Assy Plant, as I walked along side it. Cooler than a 2005 Mustang Burnout, I'd say! haha.

Take Care and Happy Mustanging!

Jon Schultz
President, Beach Cities Mustang Club
Old 10/11/04, 03:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Mach1Fun:

Pictures dont lie...the guy i have circled was very close to car and when it gets close he jumps back out of the way.

btw: welcome to the forms...
Old 10/11/04, 03:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info Jon.
I thought it was awesome.
The driver..........Obviously knows what he's doing.
The guys standing near him obviously feel this way.
As an old time burnout champion of my high school I thought
this was one of the coolest videos of anykind I have seen in a long time.
Great job!
Welcome to the board.
Old 10/11/04, 03:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Good Burnout, but it could of been done where there are no *potential* accidents with people. We have had teenagers killed here because of things like this happening. :nono:

Otherwise it is a good video!

Thanks Brad for your great site. I hope the site keeps being active when people start receiving their stangs since I am waiting patiently for real world drivers opinions for a late '05 or even an '06
Old 10/11/04, 04:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Mach1Fun:

This forum probably has more of the wide variety of folks that will actually buy the Mustang, (everyone) than the enthusiast sites that don't even discuss the V6 model. My mom probably wouldn't appreciate the burnout either <heh>, although it showed to me the car seems to have really smooth power.

Great video, I am jealous that you have been able to work around the car already, mine should be here (Germany) in 4 weeks or so.
Old 10/11/04, 05:41 AM
V6 Member

Welcome to the fora John!

Great vid and thanks for the info

Swede
Old 10/11/04, 05:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mach1Fun@October 11, 2004, 2:56 AM
... the only site that is posting whiny things about the event ...
Jon,
"whiny" . . . Thanks for the explanation. You are obviously a fair and unbiased observer.

The Boss Hog
Old 10/11/04, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with him. Some of the posts WERE whiny. People can't just appreciate someone having fun with a Stang. What if? What if?

Not even my mom worries as much as some of you...