Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/08, 03:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gremlin190
Is the scoop a faux scoop or does it work?
It is a faux scoop like the GT's get, but it is easy to pop the front plug out of it. Then, get really daring and cut a hole in the hood and you have fresh air like I did with mine.
Old 2/15/08, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it an optical illusion or is there black vinyl or paint seperating the 3 bars of the taillights

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Here's some pics of our first V6 Appearance Package Coupe. Vapor Silver with Charcoal Leather. Looks great in person. We have many more on order in all three colors, and I hope Ford will open up the color choices to all of the available colors. For now, though, it's Vapor Silver, Dark Candy Apple Red, and Grabber Orange.
Old 2/16/08, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife is really tweeked about this one. This is EXACTLY what we have planned for her new GT convertible. I even considered putting the Marauder wheels on it, since I have a Marauder as well, but I just put on a set of the 18" polished Bullitts today. The hood with scoop and stripes, the flat black tail panel and the flat black spoiler are exactly what we've had planned. I like it.
Old 2/16/08, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Man that is one great looking mustang. I have a GT that is my daily driver. My daughter wanted one but I didn't want her running aroung with a three hundred horse power car so I bought her a black 06 PP and I love her car. This is not V6 envy, I just like the car. I have to tell you guys, I am getting so fed up with everyone talking crap about the V6 stang that I am about ready to buy a V6 5 speed, do a few mods and start hurting some feelings. This new package may have just pushed me over the edge. For all the GT guys out there that like to talk about how slow the V6 is, the new Challenger has already hit the streets with owners just looking for the guy in the GTs that smoked him. In about a year or so there will be a bunch of 400 hp Camaros running aroung trying to take revenge for ten years of being abused by GTs. Unless you have invested in a 6000 dollar supercharger, you might as well be in a V6. As a matter of fact, the V6 guys will be better off because the Camaro guys want waste there time with the V6 cars. That does not even include all the new cars like the new 08 G35 that, unless you are on your A game, will embarrass you. I am a mustang lover and have been for 35 years. I don't love them because they are the baddest thing on the street. We all know they are not. I love them because they are an American icon and my dream car. Weather it's a V6 or a GT, they always have been and always will be the best bang for the buck. But that is just my opinion
Old 2/16/08, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Deric
Is it an optical illusion or is there black vinyl or paint seperating the 3 bars of the taillights
it appears to be the illusion. if you look closely on the light that's not closest the camera, you don't see anything.
Old 2/17/08, 12:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

five oh brian, could you post a few more pics of the grille straight on? thanks. that car looks mean!!
Old 2/17/08, 08:43 AM
GT Member

I completely agree with you scsmithmh60!! In reference to V6 bashing!!

I love the Mustang for the simple fact that it's the MUSTANG!!

When the 05's were coming out, I knew I wanted one. After renting an 05 V6 for a week while on business, I knew it was enough to get me into trouble and therefore didn't need the GT. Besides the Huge foglights were a distraction!!

Then came along the Pony Package!! That is what finally did it for me. That rounded out the retro styling and as they say, the rest is history. I also happen to have a 68 I6 that I also enjoy! The 68 has no power steering nor power breaks and I enjoy every minute of driving the 68 just as I do the 06!
Old 2/17/08, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by scsmithmh60
Man that is one great looking mustang. I have a GT that is my daily driver. My daughter wanted one but I didn't want her running aroung with a three hundred horse power car so I bought her a black 06 PP and I love her car. This is not V6 envy, I just like the car. I have to tell you guys, I am getting so fed up with everyone talking crap about the V6 stang that I am about ready to buy a V6 5 speed, do a few mods and start hurting some feelings. This new package may have just pushed me over the edge. For all the GT guys out there that like to talk about how slow the V6 is, the new Challenger has already hit the streets with owners just looking for the guy in the GTs that smoked him. In about a year or so there will be a bunch of 400 hp Camaros running aroung trying to take revenge for ten years of being abused by GTs. Unless you have invested in a 6000 dollar supercharger, you might as well be in a V6. As a matter of fact, the V6 guys will be better off because the Camaro guys want waste there time with the V6 cars. That does not even include all the new cars like the new 08 G35 that, unless you are on your A game, will embarrass you. I am a mustang lover and have been for 35 years. I don't love them because they are the baddest thing on the street. We all know they are not. I love them because they are an American icon and my dream car. Weather it's a V6 or a GT, they always have been and always will be the best bang for the buck. But that is just my opinion
Dont think anyone else could have said it better, I am a proud owner of an 07 PP and as a daily driver, I couldnt ask for a better car, period, its smooth, looks good, and its a mustang, this new package is a great addon to that family

now this doesnt mean I'm without GT envy, either through a supercharger or a V8 drop I'd love that horsepower
Old 2/17/08, 09:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
Pretty good little package! Now all it needs is the 3.5 liter V6!
Umm.. Do you mean 4.5 liter V6? I have a 2007 pony package and my V6 is a 4.0 liter. I definitely would not want to pay more for less.
Old 2/17/08, 09:32 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tungsten Bullitt
Umm.. Do you mean 4.5 liter V6? I have a 2007 pony package and my V6 is a 4.0 liter. I definitely would not want to pay more for less.

duratec 35

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duratec_35
Old 2/17/08, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

man im loving this car. ive been thinking a gt takeoff rear bumper with a magnaflow dual exhaust would be a great way to make this the perfect car for not a whole lot of money (under $1000 im thinking does that sound about right?)
Old 2/17/08, 11:37 PM

I need help

Need to find aftermarket installer and seller of mustang exterior and interior accesories for 06 to08 mustangs in phoenix az or scottsdale area of az tried yellow pages tried ford dealers/tried google etc all to no avail. there must be one here this is the 5th largest city in the US. help if you can ?
Old 2/18/08, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by sound wave
five oh brian, could you post a few more pics of the grille straight on? thanks. that car looks mean!!
I'm in Arizona on business for the week, so it'll be awhile before I can shoot more pics - sorry!
Old 2/18/08, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tungsten Bullitt
4.0L SOHC V6 has 12 valves and 210hp.
3.5L Duratec is a DOHC V6, has 24 valves and 263hp.
You get more - much more - making the 3.5L Duratec V6 an improvement over the 4.0L SOHC V6.

Reminds me of a day I was pumping gas into my 03 Mach 1. A young guy asked me if it had a 5.0L V8. I said no, it's a 4.6L V8. He replies, "oh, that's too bad." Let's see, 5.0L V8 Mustangs made 225hp max (non-SVT). My '03 Mach 1's 4.6L V8 made 305hp. Even my '00 GT's 4.6L V8 made 260hp and my '07 GT's 4.6L V8 made 300hp stock. All of these 4.6L's are more powerful than the 5.0L, but some people assume more displacement makes more power.
Old 2/18/08, 05:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wjones14
When non-Mustang folks would ask me what's the easiest way to tell a GT from a V6 (besides the GT badges), I'd usually say the big fog lights in the grill, or the dual exhaust in the rear. Now, you can't even be sure a dual exhaust is a V8.

The problem now is the GT buyer spends a premium price over the V6, and the only certain visible clue he's got the V8 as far as the average guy on the street is concerned, is the two 'GT' badges on the front fenders... I don't know - maybe the lines between the appearance of the V6 and V8 have become too blurred, and there's not enough distinction between the two anymore?
Rest assured. The appearance package comes with single exhaust, not dual exhaust. I have seen them in person. Ford sells more V6 Mustangs so why not offer some frills to entice more buyers of their most popular selling Mustang? The difference in appearance between the 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder Mustang has always been subtle with every generation of Mustang. There are plenty of bolt-on and glue-on options if you want to make your GT "look fast".

You bring up a good point about GT owners spending all that extra money and all they get for an appearance difference over a V6 is two little GT badges on the fenders. I don't know what I was thinking when I spent that extra $3,300 for the performance package on my new Bullitt. I'm so worried about people that don't know much about Mustangs mistaking my new Mustang for a V6 that I'm going to slap a couple GT emblems onto my fenders just to let them know what I have. Just kidding.

Let's face it, most people that but a V6 Mustang bought it because its a "Mustang". If you bought a GT, you bought it because you wanted performance. I have driven V6 Mustangs before. It has become clear to me the V6 is for the person that just wants a "Mustang." Ford is doing the right thing by offering appearance packages to the V6 buyers because that's the reason V6 buyers wanted a Mustang in the first place; appearance.
Old 2/18/08, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stngfever
Besides the Huge foglights were a distraction!!
Hey Scott, they aren't a distraction if you're behind me!!!
Attached Thumbnails '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.-img_0043-medium-.jpg   '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.-img_0057-medium-.jpg  
Old 2/18/08, 05:16 PM
GT Member

Valid point if only you (Jack) could remember which pedal is used for Gas!

In fact I remember this view for the better part of a week long road trip last April!

Attachment 39597
Attached Thumbnails '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.-mirror.jpg  
Old 2/19/08, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Attachment 39600
Attached Thumbnails '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.-mirror2.jpg  
Old 2/21/08, 01:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Brian, thanks for posting those pictures! That Vapor V6 is a real beauty!! I almost wouldn't mind trading my 03 GT for one.
Old 2/21/08, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by scsmithmh60
For all the GT guys out there that like to talk about how slow the V6 is, the new Challenger has already hit the streets with owners just looking for the guy in the GTs that smoked him. In about a year or so there will be a bunch of 400 hp Camaros running aroung trying to take revenge for ten years of being abused by GTs. Unless you have invested in a 6000 dollar supercharger, you might as well be in a V6.
There are a lot of guys on this forum who say the GT is "slow" in stock form. Check out the GT Tech forum. But in that context, "slow" is a very relative term - these are guys who do a few mods like changing out the rear end gears, and maybe a CAI change and a computer tuning kit, dropping maybe 0.5 - 0.6 seconds off their 0-60 time, and now the car is "fast". So in that context, 0-60 in 5.3 seconds is slow, while 0-60 in 4.7 seconds is fast.

So, of course there are going to be a lot more talking (or thinking) about how "slow" the V6 is. Compared to the S197 GT, it is slow. But compared to many other V6's, or even the SN95 GT, the V6 is not that slow at all.

I don't really understand your statement about the Dodge Challenger. Are you saying that the Challenger owners have been smoked by Mustang GTs? Or they were smoked when they owned another car, and now that they own a Challenger, they're looking for revenge?

In any case, I'm not personally worried about the Challenger at all. Bring 'em on. Competition is good - it will only make the Mustang engineers work harder to make a better car.

Quick Reply: '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.