2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/07, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was invited to a mustang group study earlier this year and they had one of those there. They were asking me my opinions on it and what I didn't like or like about it. I was the only one to recognize the wheels as the ones from the marauder. They wouldn't let me take any pictures of it though. The engineers seemed pretty interested in my car, including Paul Randle.
Old 11/1/07, 03:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by newbreedgt05
I was invited to a mustang group study earlier this year and they had one of those there. They were asking me my opinions on it and what I didn't like or like about it. I was the only one to recognize the wheels as the ones from the marauder. They wouldn't let me take any pictures of it though. The engineers seemed pretty interested in my car, including Paul Randle.
I'm curious, were you able to hear how the exhaust sounded? Just wondering because I wouldn't mind putting duals on my car but I don't like the way GT takeoff mufflers sound.
Old 11/1/07, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Pony Ride
I'm glad to see all the attention Ford is giving their bread and butter Mustang sales leader, the V6. I seriously considered getting a S197 V6 Pony Package when I bought my 07 GT Certainly, the 210hp S197 V6 is no slo-poke....
+1

Same here, if this package was available there would've been 1 more Mustang V6 sold. It's funny back in 1987 I had an IROC, yeah I know , and if memory serves me I think it was rated at 215 hp....back then that was considered pretty quick. Now the V6's are putting that out. I love my V8, but the sad possiblility of the matter is that one day the V6 just may be the "muscle car" of the not too distant future. All in all, there is a place for both the V6 and V8 Mustangs, there is enough bashing from Dodge and Chevy people. Mustangs are Mustangs, just in different flavors for everyone. Cant we all just get along?
Old 11/2/07, 08:14 AM
Cobra Member

When the 03-04 mach was being developed, they took around a car at shows and asked opionions before the final designe elements were decided on.

roger
Old 11/2/07, 09:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's why you could see the Mach1 come back in 09.
Old 11/2/07, 11:47 AM
Cobra Member

Thats gonna be a tough choice. Shelby/Mach1
Old 11/2/07, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I like those hood stripes, I would consider them for my GT. I wonder when they'll be available.
Old 11/3/07, 09:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stangster
I like those hood stripes, I would consider them for my GT. I wonder when they'll be available.
They're available aftermarket; Baltimore Street Rods has them.
Old 11/5/07, 02:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

This is a nice and needed addition to help the V-6 sales. Looks like Ford isn't going to sit on the sidelines while chevy and dodge gain market share with cool looking camaros and challangers coming out. Ford isn't asleep at the wheel just waiting for the pony car imitators to arrive again.
Old 11/7/07, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Who wants to help me buy one of these?
Old 11/7/07, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like that package. At least SOMEONE at Ford has a clue. He/she should be promoted. No wait, then they'll get transferred to Brazil. Anyway, since my Mustang GT is not a daily driver, I'd love to have a V6 ragtop with that package for a DD.
Old 2/10/08, 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

So i went up to the dealership the other day to look at the v6's and this one caught my eye. In my opinion its the best looking package to come out of ford and you know what youre getting when it comes from the factory rather than aftermarket(no offense to aftermarket guys). But anyways i test drove it and that hood scoop in the corner of your view really makes you feel like you're in a gt and i know 210 hp is nothing like 300 but you sure feel like you have plenty of power behind you when driving these sixers. Im now seriously thinking about buying one of these in the orange. Everything about it imo is flawless
Old 2/10/08, 08:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I really like the looks of this package, so I ordered 6 of them for the dealership I work at. First one (grabber orange, of course) is due to arrive next week, followed closely by one in vapor silver. We sell a lot of Shelbys and GT's, but there is plenty of demand for V6's, too, especially ones that look this good!
Old 2/11/08, 01:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I really like the looks of this package, so I ordered 6 of them for the dealership I work at. First one (grabber orange, of course) is due to arrive next week, followed closely by one in vapor silver. We sell a lot of Shelbys and GT's, but there is plenty of demand for V6's, too, especially ones that look this good!
Brian can you post pics of one of them after they arrive? Pleeze?? :-)
Old 2/11/08, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Who would have thought that the sharpest looking '08 Mustang model available would be a V6 model. Looks way better than both Shelbys and the Bullitt IMO.
Old 2/11/08, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Ya i agree with jay_wx. I would love to see some more pics. Like i said ive already seen the grabber orange and they also had a vapor with this package at the dealership but i am really curious to see how this package looks on the red so if you get any red ones in especially i would love to see some pics
Old 2/11/08, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

If I hadn't seen this thread, and saw one of those V6 models going by with the dual exhaust, the hood scoop, and stripes, I would have figured it was a V8 for sure! Nice car, and even nicer insurance premiums.

When non-Mustang folks would ask me what's the easiest way to tell a GT from a V6 (besides the GT badges), I'd usually say the big fog lights in the grill, or the dual exhaust in the rear. Now, you can't even be sure a dual exhaust is a V8.

The problem now is the GT buyer spends a premium price over the V6, and the only certain visible clue he's got the V8 as far as the average guy on the street is concerned, is the two 'GT' badges on the front fenders... I don't know - maybe the lines between the appearance of the V6 and V8 have become too blurred, and there's not enough distinction between the two anymore?
Old 2/11/08, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

So i was thinking and does anyone know if this package will be limited production. I was reading a card from ford about it and it says the package adds exclusivity and i wondered if they were just referring to the looks or if they were saying not as many will be made
Old 2/11/08, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by wjones14
The problem now is the GT buyer spends a premium price over the V6, and the only certain visible clue he's got the V8 as far as the average guy on the street is concerned, is the two 'GT' badges on the front fenders... I don't know - maybe the lines between the appearance of the V6 and V8 have become too blurred, and there's not enough distinction between the two anymore?
I tend to agree. I paid extra for a GT. Now anyone can have the GT look as an option. As cool as it is, I feel "cheated". I think Chrysler is doing the same thing with their SRX line.
Old 2/11/08, 07:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by WaltM
I tend to agree. I paid extra for a GT. Now anyone can have the GT look as an option. As cool as it is, I feel "cheated". I think Chrysler is doing the same thing with their SRX line.
I feel cheated too...I installed the CS front bumper cover and a GT 500 take-off because I didn't want my car to look like a V-6 with take off parts from a GT.
...but you gotta admit that modded out V-6 Grabber looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.