2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/07, 01:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose so. Still, it would be nice to have some more appearance/performance options for the GT, though.
Old 10/30/07, 06:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by sound wave
i agree with you. i think it is to help boost the sales of the v-6. i guess the gt's sell themselves? idk.
From what I've read, they sell more GTs than V6s. It seems that they're dressing up the V6 to increase sales.
Old 10/30/07, 10:47 AM
Cobra Member

That's interesting. I was always under the impression that the V6 was the big seller. I definately seem to see more V6s...
Old 10/30/07, 11:46 AM

Okay so wheres the power adder?

Ford seems to make a few too many versions of everything. OOoooooooo the V6 is a peppy little engine...great, I cant wait to get smoked by a stock GT or an 80s camaro. Lets throw some racing stripes on and a grille and help every cool guy high school student think he's racer X. Remember kids, before you get sucked into a high dollar all show no go six banger - Theres no replacement for displacement. V8 every day all day. But - just my opinion.
Old 10/30/07, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Does anyone know of any recordings of this dual exhaust kit?
Old 10/30/07, 12:26 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedplease
Ford seems to make a few too many versions of everything. OOoooooooo the V6 is a peppy little engine...great, I cant wait to get smoked by a stock GT or an 80s camaro. Lets throw some racing stripes on and a grille and help every cool guy high school student think he's racer X. Remember kids, before you get sucked into a high dollar all show no go six banger - Theres no replacement for displacement. V8 every day all day. But - just my opinion.
I wouldn't say an 80's Camaro would "smoke" a 5-Speed v6 2005+ Mustang.

Approximate 0-60 & 1/4 mile times . .

1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z 7.0 15.5
1990 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 6.5 15.0

Ford Mustang coupe - V6 4.0L (210 hp) 5M + ABS 7.03 15.52
Old 10/30/07, 12:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I would want a GT myself, I figure, (if you can), if you're gonna spend the money for a car like this, do it right.
Old 10/30/07, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hmm, never seems to fail does it? Every time there is a thread started that mentions anything about the V6 Mustang someone who owns one of the new GT's has to come in and start bashing the V6. No disrespect intended, but it makes me think some of these folks must have been beat up alot when they were kids, now it's *their* turn to be a bully. But, that's just *my* opinion.
Old 10/30/07, 10:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jay_wx
Hmm, never seems to fail does it? Every time there is a thread started that mentions anything about the V6 Mustang someone who owns one of the new GT's has to come in and start bashing the V6. No disrespect intended, but it makes me think some of these folks must have been beat up alot when they were kids, now it's *their* turn to be a bully. But, that's just *my* opinion.
I concur. Then of course, V6 owners don't get Christmas cards from Shiek Hassiem Ben Sober, for personnaly saving his family from financial ruin at the gas pump. Or from Badyear Tire and Rubber for leaving a months worth of rubber at each stop light.

I'm sorry, brute power will not make up for a lack of finesse...especially in a series of hairpin turns and short straight aways, followed by curves and more hairpin turns... (See also rallye driving... a big cube V8 just can't cut it on an over road course.)

V6 drivers have a mystique about them, where as V8 drivers just have calliouses on their knuckles...

But that's just my humble opinion.
Old 10/30/07, 11:19 PM
V6 Member

Just a few threads ago people were bashing Ford for ignoring the V6 and not having invested enough time and effort into offering cool upgrades and cosmetic packages for them. The postings on this thread go to prove that no matter what they might offer, a great many people here like to spend most of their posting time listening to themselves gripe about every other thing that anyone mentions, wants to buy, thinks is interesting, or wants to do to their cars.

Not everyone thinks horsepower is the most important feature of these cars. Around here, Ford sells way more V6 Mustangs than they do GT's, that's easy to see. A lot of people will really like this car, it looks really nice and will not increase your insurance or lower your gas mileage. it also looks better than the majority of the GT's on the road.
Old 10/31/07, 08:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 10/31/07, 09:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
That's interesting. I was always under the impression that the V6 was the big seller. I definately seem to see more V6s...
I stand corrected. I checked some posted numbers. There are more V6s produced...

2005 - By Model: GT = 60,792 , V6 = 99,620

http://www.mustangheaven.com/Product...197Mustang.htm
Old 10/31/07, 11:21 AM

I think we are forgetting that the Mustang GT is an Iconic landmark vehicle made as the First Muscle/Pony Car. It started an entire genre of automotive history. The **** thing was made to be fast, loud, bad on gas, and smoke the tires even when your not intending to! I dont seem to recall any 6 banger muscle cars starting any sort of legacy on the same level as the GT did. Im not saying the 6 cyl is a piece O sh*t or anything cause hell Id take one for free but no matter how you dress it up and pretend its the same as the GT its just plain Not. From a practical standpoint the V6 is the answer, just dont expect to blow the doors off anything unless you got some real power adders or jet packs strapped on the sides.
Old 10/31/07, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Car and Driver declared the Mustang V6 the quickest car of 2007 for under $20K
Base Price: $19,995
0-to-60-mph time: 6.5 sec
Quarter-mile time: 15.3 sec @ 93 mph

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...stang-v-6.html

and the V6 has a lot of potential that can be unlocked..... The V6 Mustang is just as much a Mustang as the V8 GT is. You V8 owners putting the V6ers down, GROW UP.
Old 10/31/07, 11:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WaltM
I stand corrected. I checked some posted numbers. There are more V6s produced...

2005 - By Model: GT = 60,792 , V6 = 99,620

http://www.mustangheaven.com/Product...197Mustang.htm
I would have thought so. V6s, were the bread and butter of any sports coupe combo's. If they only sold GTs, they'd probably have Mustang sales numbers like the GTO or 350Z.
Old 10/31/07, 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think we are forgetting that the Mustang GT is an Iconic landmark vehicle made as the First Muscle/Pony Car. It started an entire genre of automotive history.
No, you need to go check your facts again. The "Mustang" was the first pony car, not the GT. The GT was originally just an option package, not a seperate model. In fact, sales of the GT fell off to the point they quit making it in 1970. It wasn't until 1982 that the name "GT" was added back to the Mustang.

The **** thing was made to be fast, loud, bad on gas, and smoke the tires even when your not intending to! I dont seem to recall any 6 banger muscle cars starting any sort of legacy on the same level as the GT did.
If you are referring to the original Mustang GT's, they hardly started any legacy. Re-read the above. They only made them from 1965-1969, then stopped because of poor sales, replaced by the Mach 1, Boss, and other versions. And the Mustang is not a Muscle Car. It's a *Pony* car. The Muscle car era started well before the Mustang showed up in mid 1964.
And as far as smoking tires, the original GT's had either a 225 hp or 271 hp engine, which is very comparable to today's 210 hp V6.

Im not saying the 6 cyl is a piece O sh*t or anything cause hell Id take one for free but no matter how you dress it up and pretend its the same as the GT its just plain Not.
No one is comparing the V6 to an S197 GT here, except YOU. Why do you feel a need to come into a thread for the V6 Mustangs and bash them? Does it make you feel superior?? Why do you care if someone wants to put racing stripes on their car? Or dual exhausts? Or even a hood scoop? This is typical GT snobbery at its best. So according to *you*, if I have a V6 then I can't do anything to make it look cool because it's not a REAL Mustang. BS.

From a practical standpoint the V6 is the answer, just dont expect to blow the doors off anything unless you got some real power adders or jet packs strapped on the sides.
Oh please. Did it occur to you that someone might PREFER the V6 over a GT? See, I already have a GT and wanted something that was fun to drive, and looked amazing. I test drove the new GT and a V6, both verts, and guess which one I brought home...yep, the V6. It wasn't because of money, I could afford any Mustang I want, including the GT500. But that wasn't what I was after. Now I'm completely happy and have two Mustangs I love to drive. And quite honestly, is blowing someone's doors off the only thing that is important to you? Where I live you wouldn't be doing much of that, mostly you get to get in line in traffic and you're lucky to go the speed limit, so who cares if you have a 1500 hp motor sitting under the hood...you can't use it!

You need to grow up and show a little respect for other people. Coming into a thread like this and bashing folks because of what they chose is RUDE. Typical GT Elitist....
Old 10/31/07, 03:31 PM
GT Member

I'm glad to see all the attention Ford is giving their bread and butter Mustang sales leader, the V6. I seriously considered getting a S197 V6 Pony Package when I bought my 07 GT, but I already had an 03 Pony Package V6 Mustang in the stable. Certainly, the 210hp S197 V6 is no slo-poke.... it's as fast or faster than most Fox-era stock GT's.
Old 11/1/07, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I don't visit for a while and look at all the news! I have got to say this is by far the best appearance package Ford has for the Mustang. Maybe it's the black/orange combo but it looks very well done.
Old 11/1/07, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look like same one I got in driveway
Old 11/1/07, 01:29 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That thing is SWEET!

I'd love to drive that around

Quick Reply: '08 V6 Appearance Package, not Mach 1.