Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

My 5.0 LX died!

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/05, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR200 -
Are you 8 years old or what? You certainly post like it - lots of posts, all saying NOTHING worthwhile, plus HORRIBLE typing/word skills.
I'm glad you feel that TMS is your personal playground. "Childish garbage posting" is becoming the downfall of this place. Nothing against you personally, but if you want to be a productive/respected member of this group, you need to start acting appropriately!

Coupe - I know of a couple REAL Mustang websites, I'll be happy to help direct you to. You seem like one of the few actually here for the cars.
Old 5/12/05, 09:03 AM
GT Member

dude he's 14

remembering how I was when I was 14, you should be glad you didn't know me then.

Seems like this thread took a turn for the worse rather quickly.
Old 5/12/05, 09:18 AM
Service Manager

Received 431 Likes on 209 Posts
I've been pretty busy lately but apologize for missing this train wreck of off topic banter.

I have PM'd everyone involved directly but I will mention some other things here.....

PLEASE guys/gals/Aliens/whatever.....Let's keep the Fox section on the topic of FOX MUSTANGS and related issues. Please do not go off topic with silly unrealistic offers to buy and let's keep this a family site. There are many other websites out there full of childish banter and lude comments and many of them are run by the moderators in a Dictatorship type fashion. I and the other mods of this site are really easy going and easy to get along with but please don't take advantage of that or things will get more strict in nature as a necessary means to control it.

ALL ages are welcome here...it takes patience on my part at times and I am sure some of the older members find some of the comments irritating at times. For the young members.....We understand that you are young but please understand from your end that you are entering a world of the Automotive hobby and it is a grown up world so please have some respect and consideration for those who are visiting this forum with the intention of learning and gathering information. I can honestly say I don't know of many Mustang sites out there that are as "youth friendly" as TMS is so please don't give others reason to flame or get irritated by immature behavior....and please don't give the moderators reason to have to break from our busy schedule to clean up the forums. There is an off-topic forum here at TMS so please take non-Fox related posts and references there and do your part to help keep the Fox forums a clear and relavent way for enthusiasts to gather information and ask pertinent questions related to the Fox Mustangs.

Thankyou for your cooperation.

With that said I am now going to commence with the cleansing of this topic.

Before I get PM's about not deleting GT350Clone's post I will address it: I am leaving his post as a reminder that things need to step up to a more adult level of intelligent conversation around here. This applies to ALL of TMS but I am only address my little corner of the TMS world right now.

I am not singling out anyone in particular, I just ask that anyone utilizing these forums think before you post....if it does not contribute constructively to the topic at hand then please don't post it. I don't mind having some fun and cracking a joke or too but lately it has just gotten out of hand.
Old 5/12/05, 01:01 PM
GTR Member

I am here for the cars, sorry if i offended anyone
Old 5/12/05, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Colvindesign+May 12, 2005, 11:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Colvindesign @ May 12, 2005, 11:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>dude he's 14
remembering how I was when I was 14, you should be glad you didn't know me then.

Seems like this thread took a turn for the worse rather quickly.
[/b]

Very good point Colvin. There is no need to bash people simply because they may have gotten a little off topic. We have the off topic and back to topic smilies that can help that. Instead of insulting help others.

<!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200
@May 12, 2005, 3:04 PM
I am here for the cars, sorry if i offended anyone
[/quote]

You didn't offend me at all Doug, and I don't see what's so wrong with asking the price and wishing him good luck. It's a generous thing to do.

This isn't aimed at one specific person but to any who seem to have harsh words to the younger members:

You know the weirdest thing is that some of the younger members act more appropriately then some people 3 times their age
Old 5/12/05, 03:23 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@May 12, 2005, 3:19 PM
Very good point Colvin. There is no need to bash people simply because they may have gotten a little off topic. We have the off topic and back to topic smilies that can help that. Instead of insulting help others.
You didn't offend me at all Doug, and I don't see what's so wrong with asking the price and wishing him good luck. It's a generous thing to do.

This isn't aimed at one specific person but to any who seem to have harsh words to the younger members:

You know the weirdest thing is that some of the younger members act more appropriately then some people 3 times their age
i dont see why some people seem to wanna insult the youth who will keep the american icon, the mustang alive. doesnt make sense, but i appreciate all the people here who have helped me become a better enthusiast.
Old 5/12/05, 03:36 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@May 12, 2005, 4:26 PM
i dont see why some people seem to wanna insult the youth who will keep the american icon, the mustang alive. doesnt make sense, but i appreciate all the people here who have helped me become a better enthusiast.

I'm glad the car got fixed, maybe you should reconsider selling her, she obviously don't wanna go to a new home.
Old 5/12/05, 03:45 PM
GTR Member

is the original test driver still interested?
Old 5/12/05, 03:49 PM
Service Manager

Received 431 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@May 12, 2005, 2:19 PM
I don't see what's so wrong with asking the price and wishing him good luck. It's a generous thing to do.

There is not a thing wrong with asking a price and wishing him luck...which is how it reads NOW after I cleaned it up. What happened was it got off topic with ridiculous offers and resulting in a lude comment(a comment made in fun but not appropriate for the family values set forth in the guidelines of this website)....THAT is what is wrong with getting too far off topic, it goes too far or clouds the good information in the post. I have done a lot of clean up on this thread to get it to where it is now.

With that said...back to the topic at hand.
Old 5/12/05, 06:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@May 12, 2005, 3:48 PM
is the original test driver still interested?

He was until he brought his wife over to see it... I guess she's a little jaded by the pristine 2001 Mustang she drives daily. Oh well, I still love the car so keeping it wouldn't be the end of the world!

Oh yeah, a public apology for the nasty word a few posts ago. The language filter didn't touch it so I figured it was probably OK (although being 35, I should have known better...). Promise it won't happen again folks!
Old 5/13/05, 02:53 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good luck with selling it... hopefully it doesn't act up next time...