Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I like to play hide the cannoli myself.
I bet you hide it in the carpet too!
Old 9/9/09, 06:03 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
Nathan had a blonde moment!

I'm sure we've all had at least one!

Me, I only have senior moments now! Soon, I will be able to hide my own Easter eggs
My brain was pretty much gone by then. I'd say it's better than my last one.
Old 9/10/09, 04:31 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I like to play hide the cannoli myself.
I bet you hide it in the carpet too!

you two old farts crack this guy up
Old 9/11/09, 08:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we're here for you anytime!

Wife and I went to a comedy club on Saturday, A comedian picked on me(of course)
He took a look at me and proceeded to explain to others that he wasn't sure if he should mess with this big white dude with the glasses on his head. He thought I would F*** him up later......

in scrabble
I know I could take him on, my vocabulary is bigger than his
Old 9/11/09, 09:28 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
haha, good job mike! you should have told him you work at NASA...and watch his facial reaction
Old 9/11/09, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

and start with the rocket scientist jokes??? no thanks.
Old 9/11/09, 05:12 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
vert looks great Gary. what'd you think of mine?
Old 9/12/09, 09:53 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
and start with the rocket scientist jokes??? no thanks.
Old 9/18/09, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Good choice man - thats a great looking 5.0!

What's up on the mod list??
Old 9/18/09, 03:11 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by STL-GT
Good choice man - thats a great looking 5.0!

What's up on the mod list??
First mod is subframe connectors. Well I've got them and they are in the attic, but I doubt they'll make it on anytime soon.

However, this weekend I am going to try to get the top working. I'll start tinkering with it and see what the deal is. I've been told the passenger side is in perfect working order, so I'll just try to get the drivers side to look like the passenger side. Then put some hydaulic fluid in in the lines, bleed it, plug the motor harness back in, and see what happens.

And the driver rear window won't roll down, though the motor works. Must be a track thing. Plus I think the passenger rear window doesn't go down all the way.

So that's my weekend.

After that a 5 lug conversion is planned. Though I haven't decided on 4 wheels disc or not.
Old 9/18/09, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

First mod is subframe connectors. Well I've got them and they are in the attic, but I doubt they'll make it on anytime soon.

However, this weekend I am going to try to get the top working. I'll start tinkering with it and see what the deal is. I've been told the passenger side is in perfect working order, so I'll just try to get the drivers side to look like the passenger side. Then put some hydaulic fluid in in the lines, bleed it, plug the motor harness back in, and see what happens.

And the driver rear window won't roll down, though the motor works. Must be a track thing. Plus I think the passenger rear window doesn't go down all the way.

So that's my weekend.

After that a 5 lug conversion is planned. Though I haven't decided on 4 wheels disc or not.
Sounds like a fun weekend

I'd be down to help if I were a few states closer. Been learning a bit about ragtops myself lately, though don't know much has changed in 15 model years...
Old 9/18/09, 03:22 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by STL-GT
Sounds like a fun weekend

I'd be down to help if I were a few states closer. Been learning a bit about ragtops myself lately, though don't know much has changed in 15 model years...
Someone posted up a shot of theirs behind the seats and stuff and I gotta say it looks almost exactly the same. I think that with the exception of the size of the top and such, the mechanics of the '91 and the '94-'04 are the same. Its got a an electric motor in the back middle and a hydraulic cylinder on each side that pushes.
Old 9/18/09, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Someone posted up a shot of theirs behind the seats and stuff and I gotta say it looks almost exactly the same. I think that with the exception of the size of the top and such, the mechanics of the '91 and the '94-'04 are the same. Its got a an electric motor in the back middle and a hydraulic cylinder on each side that pushes.
Sounds about right to me...
Old 9/18/09, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

So that's my weekend.

The famous power window issue on Fords is easily dealt with, at least repairing the motors themselves. Removal & replacement on foxes it's a bit tough most of window motor troubles are due to the plastic "beans" inside the rotor. They become brittle & crumbly due to age and wear and eventually fail. Remove that SOB from the door, disassemble the gear cover, clean the old grease and plastic shreds from inside it, add new grease and replace with 3 nuts of 7/16 " outside diameter inside the rotor and the gear. It has a trick to position it, but it's not that tough when you hold them with a little grease, reassemble and enjoy trouble free motors for as long as they don't burn out. If you need help for bleeding the hydraulic system of the top, just ask
Old 9/18/09, 06:20 PM
Post *****

Thanks Eduardo. And I will need help with bleeding the system for the top. At least I hope I get that far.
Old 9/18/09, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Thanks Eduardo. And I will need help with bleeding the system for the top. At least I hope I get that far.
It's not that difficult. Just put the hydraulic line ends inside a quart of auto trany fluid or a pot with oil and run the motor in both directions to purge out the air. Be aware of spills, so you may need assistance on this one. We made an additional step just in case on my friends white vert, we moved the top manualy up and down to be completely sure the air was all out of the hydraulic cylinders. It will start to get harder to move when it's done.
Old 9/19/09, 07:32 AM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I havent even attempted to put the top down on the 83.... So I take it yours has power windows all the way around. My 83 has power on the door windows, but the quarter windows are manual?
Old 9/19/09, 08:39 AM
Post *****

Yes. Power all the way around.

So from the way I read Eduardo's post, since my cars top has no fluid in the system, I should be able to open it manually?!?!?
Old 9/19/09, 12:23 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
wouldn't you still have fluid on the passenger side?

Quick Reply: Gary's Red Vert