Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Fox Values

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/05, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the prices of any fox in decent shape is on the rise around here. they are becoming harder and harder to find in good, not burnt out condition
Old 1/17/05, 03:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont think they have reached collector stutus yet. but within the next few years, the early foxes (79-83) i think will jump in value
Old 1/18/05, 12:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Unhappy

well im trying to find out how much i can get for mine:
my 88 5.0 hatch
its an 88 5.0 hatch AOD 53k original miles on body, replaced the transmission (got an awesome deal on a tranny from a friend thats a mechanic that got me a new one) since the old one was on its way out just being so old i guess, body doesnt have dings or dents just some keyed areas and chips from it being 16 yrs old...clean interior 1 very miniscule rip on the driver seat everything else is clean and stain free, smoke free, runs great, perfect for a daily or even a project car for a kid...im trying to sell it soon because i need a more econo car for school thats fun..and looking towards 05 v6 perhaps...06GT when i graduate hehe

tell me what u guys think its worth?

PS - the red stripes are removed along w\the red pin stripping....its all 1 color now...and the engine bay is completely cleaned out w\my brand new pressure washer hehe also...just replaced fuel filter and serp. belt..stock radio is there no more, replaced w\a clarion deck but i still have the original radio and factory amp....the car is 100% bone stock, no mods at all

no this isnt a for sale ad...just trying to get an accurate price estimation...i was thinking somewhere between $4000-5800 perhaps just because of mileage and condition? oh..and those are the stock crappy turbine rims lol
Old 1/18/05, 07:44 AM
Service Manager

Received 433 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally posted by maddhatteroo7@January 18, 2005, 1:04 AM
well im trying to find out how much i can get for mine:
my 88 5.0 hatch
its an 88 5.0 hatch AOD 53k original miles on body, replaced the transmission (got an awesome deal on a tranny from a friend thats a mechanic that got me a new one) since the old one was on its way out just being so old i guess, body doesnt have dings or dents just some keyed areas and chips from it being 16 yrs old...clean interior 1 very miniscule rip on the driver seat everything else is clean and stain free, smoke free, runs great, perfect for a daily or even a project car for a kid...im trying to sell it soon because i need a more econo car for school thats fun..and looking towards 05 v6 perhaps...06GT when i graduate hehe

tell me what u guys think its worth?

PS - the red stripes are removed along w\the red pin stripping....its all 1 color now...and the engine bay is completely cleaned out w\my brand new pressure washer hehe also...just replaced fuel filter and serp. belt..stock radio is there no more, replaced w\a clarion deck but i still have the original radio and factory amp....the car is 100% bone stock, no mods at all

no this isnt a for sale ad...just trying to get an accurate price estimation...i was thinking somewhere between $4000-5800 perhaps just because of mileage and condition? oh..and those are the stock crappy turbine rims lol
It's a plus that you have grey interior and not red but your car is what we call a "peeler" which means that it has to be stripped before being repainted. This is costly to do. You also have thin paint and surface rust on the door frames and the weatherstripping around the windows are pitted which suggests the car sat outside most of the time if the mileage is a true 53K. I also wonder why the transmission went out at 53K? Unless the TV bushing went bad there is no reason for it to have gone bad...if 153K then it fits. I am stating this playing devils advocate to prepare you if you try to sell it...you must have documentation to show a true 53K as it is very easy to pass a well cared for high mile car off as a lower mileage car in a Fox Mustang to the untrained or professional eye.

I do appraisals from time to time in my line of work on these cars so I do speak from experience.

With that said, realisitically the current value of your car is $2,000-$2500 because of the paint issue and trim deterioration. You may find a hard sale at $3000-$3500 and what I mean be a hard sale is that you may sit on it a while before finding the right buyer to give you that much for the car.
Old 1/18/05, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

true...if i get it repainted, im sure i can make a better price out of it...i have the documentation from the original owner, all the original ford papers navato ford gave him when he bought it, im the 2nd owner, the reason why its such low mileage was due to the fact he worked for the city and lived only a couple of blocks away and drove it back and forth, then started to use a city vehicle (which is true due to my friend that works w\the former owner) but i can definently see why the value would lower due to the paint..but hey...its 16yrs old lol its pretty much expected. and about the tranny fluid, he got it done by 1 of those 7 flags car wash and i think they but the wrong fluid in (type f/h) wearing the internals out, and the bands were going because i guess it was used to in city driving around the block, but it was acting up when i took it on the highway too and from school...so i guess thats what broke it lol, but anyways it has a brand new transmission in it now and runs sweet...atm im debating whether or not i want to repaint my car if its actually worth it or what....i wanna make some profit on it and not JUST break even ya know?
Old 1/18/05, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's my engine bay.... like I said 31K original miles... car is nearly perfect... I've seen fox's in good shape fetching 5-8K around these parts (mid-atlantic (VA)....
Old 1/18/05, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Another...
Old 1/18/05, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

and again...
Old 1/18/05, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

one mo!
Old 1/18/05, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

and finally..
Old 1/18/05, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

jeebus buddy, nice car! ill be happy if i break AROUND even lol, but obviously i want a little more so i can put a good down payment on my next actual new car lol...newest car ive owned would be a 96...im just tired of old cars...unless its a classic stang, but thats about it

PS - are those super trap mufflers?
Old 1/18/05, 06:20 PM
Service Manager

Received 433 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally posted by maddhatteroo7@January 18, 2005, 7:00 PM
...im just tired of old cars...unless its a classic stang, but thats about it

I'd drive a Fox Mustang anyday as a daily driver....virtually bullitproof, inexpensive to fix for the most part and simple....and parts are plentiful.
Old 1/18/05, 06:46 PM
GTR Member

Paul is right. the Fox is more stronger than a new V-6 or a new GT, keep it and fix it up. I would drive that fox to california right now and it wouldn't bother me. IMO It is stil what U want. Dont sell your fox for a down payment before you test drive an 05
Old 1/19/05, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Madhataroo7...

Yes, those are supertrapps... Cat back system... I put them on back in 1990-91 ish if I recall....