1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

The old stangs hang on...

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/04, 10:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm in the Lowcountry Mustang club with Stanger X and I'm not aginst the new Stangs at all. They are fast and confrotable cars. I just have a problem with new owners when they don't respect me . Stanger X and I have put my car together with our own two hands engine, suspension, and everthing else except for the paint. Which we are doing on his car. I lose it when they are mad about not winning shows when the only thing they do it make payments to their car. If you want to see a 2004 GT or Mach 1 mustang go to a Dealer. It takes alot of work to get 38 year old car to a show or meeting not including the void in which my cash goes. It's all about attidude and the celebration of the fine automobile we call Mustang. So bring your new mustang to shows and meetings because it's all about the Stang. Your car has AC, starts everytime, looks good, and drives good. I'll give you props just respect what we do to keep the hobby alive.

This is what our Club Presadent said, "It doesn't say new mustang or old mustang on your car it just says MUSTANG".
Old 5/10/04, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear ya Vinatage. I have the utmost respect for you guys that have restored and preserved the classic beauties. That is something I have always wanted to do, but don't have the skill/time/money required to do it.

I had an 01 for a while. I kept it as close to showroom condition as possible as I could, but would never dream of entering it in a show because if you wanted to see one, all you have to do is go down to the dealer, and there one sits.

Now a beautifully restored classic, I could look at them and drool all day.