1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

68 Bullitt project begins

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/10, 05:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's OK. I think I saw one of their cars once and it looked really nice! Some football player owned it.

Are you going to make yours into a 500CR?

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Sorry bout that. I've just had several people ask me about the situation and assumed that's what you asking. They really are a top notch shop and I can't wait to see it after they get it painted.
Old 11/28/10, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'm glad you defended them with a thorough explanation. The crap that goes on in this country by "Agencies", and their totalitarian reach that denies you of Constitutional rights, is obscene beyond polite language. They run on mere hearsay, many times don't bother to search real evidence that is easily within their reach, and presume you are guilty. Then you have to spend thousands defending yourself and proving your innocence. Completely backwards of the Constitution. Many times you are denied your right to a jury trial. And in the end, to justify their existence, they will force you into a corner where you pay - regardless of your innocence.

The "I love my country, but fear my government" slogan, has way more to do with Administrative Agencies than politicians. At least we can fire politicians every so often. Not so with the slug staffers of Fed, State, even local Agencies. And I'm pissed off about it!

Amen Brother!
Old 11/28/10, 09:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
That's OK. I think I saw one of their cars once and it looked really nice! Some football player owned it.

Are you going to make yours into a 500CR?
Nahhhhh. It's going to be a Bullitt movie replica car. I've always wanted to have a highland green 1968 fastback and a 2008 Bullitt. Never thought it would happen this soon though. My goal is to have the 68 done by April of 2012. Our Oklahoma Mustang Club is hosting the MCA Grand National in Mustang, Oklahoma then. I really want to have the 68 and 08 Bullitt side by side at that show.

Would love to have a GT500CR, but I think they start around $120,000. If I even mentioned it my wife would, well, uh, lets just say it wouldn't be pretty.
Old 11/28/10, 10:21 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
your "honeydo" list would be a "honeydo" novel!
Old 11/29/10, 08:04 AM

Yes, the CR500 is really expensive. It's a bit over the top for me....

Good luck on your project and I look forward to seeing pics of it when it's done!

Nahhhhh. It's going to be a Bullitt movie replica car. I've always wanted to have a highland green 1968 fastback and a 2008 Bullitt. Never thought it would happen this soon though. My goal is to have the 68 done by April of 2012. Our Oklahoma Mustang Club is hosting the MCA Grand National in Mustang, Oklahoma then. I really want to have the 68 and 08 Bullitt side by side at that show.

Would love to have a GT500CR, but I think they start around $120,000. If I even mentioned it my wife would, well, uh, lets just say it wouldn't be pretty.
Old 12/3/10, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, Living a dream!
Old 12/13/10, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Manual Rack and Pinion

So I'm searching on Craigslist the other day for 67/68 Mustang stuff and I came across a Flaming River manual rack and pinion. It is the same application I'm needing for my 68. I couldn't believe there was one on Craigslist in my area. Turns out it's one of my neighbors about a mile down the road. (in Oklahoma, when you live out of the metro area, you consider anyone within a mile or so a neighbor.) Anyway, I go check it out and it's exactly what I was wanting. It had less than 50 miles on it. The previous owner was parting out his 66, returning much of it to stock to sell it. He then started selling off the restomod parts. It's now sitting in my garage, waiting for the car get painted. I'll get some pics up soon.
Old 12/13/10, 12:49 PM

Sounds good! I just got done reading in this month's "Mustang Monthly" about putting in a rack and pinion. What engine are you putting in?

So I'm searching on Craigslist the other day for 67/68 Mustang stuff and I came across a Flaming River manual rack and pinion. It is the same application I'm needing for my 68. I couldn't believe there was one on Craigslist in my area. Turns out it's one of my neighbors about a mile down the road. (in Oklahoma, when you live out of the metro area, you consider anyone within a mile or so a neighbor.) Anyway, I go check it out and it's exactly what I was wanting. It had less than 50 miles on it. The previous owner was parting out his 66, returning much of it to stock to sell it. He then started selling off the restomod parts. It's now sitting in my garage, waiting for the car get painted. I'll get some pics up soon.
Old 12/14/10, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Sounds good! I just got done reading in this month's "Mustang Monthly" about putting in a rack and pinion. What engine are you putting in?

I ended up selling the motor that was in the car. It actually ended up being a 302 and not a 289 as I originally thought.

I'm having a 302/5.0 high output roller motor being built as we speak.

I will be putting the powerjection III EFI on the motor. It looks like the way to go as far as fuel injection goes. Heres a link to it with two videos:
http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_3.php

I'm hoping to have some pics up soon.
Old 12/14/10, 12:55 PM

Sounds cool!
Old 12/14/10, 01:32 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm having a 302/5.0 high output roller motor being built as we speak.
Double
Old 12/15/10, 08:09 AM

Get any pics?
Old 12/16/10, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

pics

Here are a few pics I just took. It's just the rack and pinion and my messy garage. These things take up way more space when taken apart....

I'll have some updated car pics and some motor pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails 68 Bullitt project begins-img_1204.jpg   68 Bullitt project begins-img_1207.jpg   68 Bullitt project begins-img_1206.jpg  
Old 12/16/10, 06:59 PM

Wow, now you're talking!

That fuel injection system looks interesting and it not a bad price at around $1500. That might be a future upgrade for me. I like that it doesn't require a return fuel line. My gas mileage sucks and think could help.....

Do you have any pics of the engine? What block are you using? A Ford racing Boss?

Last edited by Falchion; 12/16/10 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12/17/10, 09:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

The EFI is really cool. I'm pretty excited about it. It has gotten really good reviews. As far as the block, it's a brand new 302 block, bored .040. It has GT40 heads, polished and ported, not sure which cam I'm going with yet. The pistons are forged and the roller rockers (I can't remember their specs) but they will make the cam feel more aggressive than it actually is, so I have to be careful which cam I go with.

This motor is being built by a guy in Oklahoma City that worked for Fred Jones Ford in Oklahoma City for over 20 years. He built these motors for Ford and knows them inside and out. He had this block and heads on hand and luckily he was willing to sell. I will have pics of the motor progress soon.......I hope. I just have to get by his shop and snap a few.
Old 12/17/10, 10:36 AM

OK, sounds good!

The EFI is really cool. I'm pretty excited about it. It has gotten really good reviews. As far as the block, it's a brand new 302 block, bored .040. It has GT40 heads, polished and ported, not sure which cam I'm going with yet. The pistons are forged and the roller rockers (I can't remember their specs) but they will make the cam feel more aggressive than it actually is, so I have to be careful which cam I go with.

This motor is being built by a guy in Oklahoma City that worked for Fred Jones Ford in Oklahoma City for over 20 years. He built these motors for Ford and knows them inside and out. He had this block and heads on hand and luckily he was willing to sell. I will have pics of the motor progress soon.......I hope. I just have to get by his shop and snap a few.
Old 1/5/11, 05:10 PM

On a roller, the Ford Racing E303 cam is nice, not radical, good idle, smooth wide power band. Good luck with the project.
Old 1/9/11, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the block and where did you buy it from?
Old 1/14/11, 01:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rushc66
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the block and where did you buy it from?

Sorry for the delay.........have had a cae of the dreaded strep throat. Back on the mend now tho.

I got the block and it's componets from a local engine builder. He had the block, GT40 heads, forged pistons, etc.......All I had to come up with is a cam, intake, valve covers, and oil pan. I paid $900 for it. Not including the labor to put it together.
Old 1/14/11, 06:16 PM

Glad to see that you're feeling better!

That sounds like a pretty good price for a Boss block!

A crate Boss engine from Ford is over $6500....

Sorry for the delay.........have had a cae of the dreaded strep throat. Back on the mend now tho.

I got the block and it's componets from a local engine builder. He had the block, GT40 heads, forged pistons, etc.......All I had to come up with is a cam, intake, valve covers, and oil pan. I paid $900 for it. Not including the labor to put it together.

Quick Reply: 68 Bullitt project begins