2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/13, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the silver one that is 5th from the top. from the A pillar back it is Clean, Sleek, Sexy, Athletic and simply with out being to much so. I am not so sure about the ones with the scoop in front of the door. that seems more Corvette, Viper and Charger to me and I hope the mustang stay out of that crowd. I do hope there is more of a hint to the C- Scallop then just two line going back. That scollop is one of those signature Mustang treats like the try Vert tail lights that just needs to be there in some form.
Old 10/24/13, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Brewman
That's a very nice looking car but I just don't see anything there that says mustang to me.
Old 10/24/13, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eric n
DAAAMMMMNNNN!
Done! Make that one the 2015
Old 10/24/13, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the silver one that is 5th from the top. from the A pillar back it is Clean, Sleek, Sexy, Athletic and simply with out being to much so. I am not so sure about the ones with the scoop in front of the door. that seems more Corvette, Viper and Charger to me and I hope the mustang stay out of that crowd. I do hope there is more of a hint to the C- Scallop then just two line going back. That scollop is one of those signature Mustang treats like the try Vert tail lights that just needs to be there in some form.
I agree on the scallop. I know that almost all of the latest renderings lack it, but I'll be quite disappointed if we don't have a C scoop or at least something like the current hockey stick that is at least suggestive of the scallop. I'm ready for a whole new shape but I'd greatly prefer that the C scoop and sequential tri-bar taillights are brought along.
Old 10/24/13, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
And they look like a "B" to clean. But hey this is free market. So someone will be selling a special tool to clean those lights on TV at 4 AM for just 29.95 but if you order now you will get 3 more free for the one time price of 19.95.

LOL
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 10/24/13, 08:33 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Starting to think this inlet grille may be exclusive to the Cobra. GT and below will receive that crap honey comb grille.

13 years after buying my first Mustang, I'm still bltching about that ugly honeycomb!
Old 10/24/13, 10:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the silver one that is 5th from the top. from the A pillar back it is Clean, Sleek, Sexy, Athletic with out being to much so. I am not so sure about the ones with the scoop in front of the doot. that seems more Corvette, Viper and Charger to me and I hope the mustang stay out of that crowd. I do hope there is more of a hint to the C- Scallop then just two line going back. That scollop is one of those signature Mustang treats like the try Vert tail lights that just needs to be there in some form.
Well prepare yourself for disappointment, the "C Scoop" is not going to be returning and neither is the "Hockey Stick". The 69-73's didn't have a "C Scoop or Hockey Stick" and Neither did the 79-93 Fox Body Mustangs. As for the Vent/Heat Extractor behind the front wheel is going to be there on the HiPo cars, as seen in the Spy Photos of the Camouflaged Mules with the open netting behind the front wheels, which is as close to a "C Scoop" as We're going to be getting. Just think of it like this, the "C Scoop" just Switched Sides, the "C" that used to be on the passenger side is now on the drivers side, and went from being Non Functional, to Serving a Purpose now.
Old 10/24/13, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67
The 69-73's didn't have a "C Scoop or Hockey Stick" and Neither did the 79-93 Fox Body Mustangs.
70 - 73 true 69 nFalse.

Notch backs in 69 had full door scoop albeit reverse facing and even the Fast back mach 1 and Boss 302s had a Scoop with recesses up high on the car although compressed it gave the right look for that cars proportions.

As for the Fox al thought I do like some of the early ones and the 5.0 LX's That was the car that lead to the probe being slatted to replaced the Mustang.

The fox near made a strong mustang statement and the Later GTs where just flat out over dressed messes. From day one I HATED those venetian blind taillights on 87 -93. But they did put a little scoop in the side skirt of those cars so at least that was something.

The 84s, 85s and 86s where not to bad but there was nothing that stood out as Mustang on them. to say long hood and short deck well that could be a LOT of cars.

My 84 K car I had in college had a long hood and short deck.

Last edited by Brewman; 10/24/13 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10/24/13, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I know there are some haters of the fox, but without it, the Mustang would be a Probe.

Everybody has there preferred flavor of the Mustang, but IMO, the ones that were truly ugly were the 71-73 with truly badonkadonk rears. Even the 74-78's looked better. I just can't get past (or see around) the @ss. Lol The fox is what kept Ford in the pony car business. The SN95, mainly new edges is what killed the competition. 05-09's brought back some of the classic look and it worked in bringing back the competition. But again IMO, they should have redesigned for 2010, instead of totally redesigning for 2015, which could be a disaster given the importance of the anniversary. This could be a design were the vast majority of fans ignore the generation.
Old 10/24/13, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Azure
I know there are some haters of the fox, but without it, the Mustang would be a Probe.

Everybody has there preferred flavor of the Mustang, but IMO, the ones that were truly ugly were the 71-73 with truly badonkadonk rears. Even the 74-78's looked better. I just can't get past (or see around) the @ss. Lol The fox is what kept Ford in the pony car business. The SN95, mainly new edges is what killed the competition. 05-09's brought back some of the classic look and it worked in bringing back the competition. But again IMO, they should have redesigned for 2010, instead of totally redesigning for 2015, which could be a disaster given the importance of the anniversary. This could be a design were the vast majority of fans ignore the generation.
71 - 73 was the worst I grant ya that. I watched a program on the history of the Mustang leading up to the 30th anniversary and the 94 launch. The Ford spokesman said the fox gave then a short lived bump in sales but never did what they hope and the decision to replace it was made. It was then that the Letters poored in ( this was before in home pre email ) , some, as it was stated, even questioned the Ford peoples genetic heritage.

The bottom line was at the end of the Fox run the call from the Mustang audience was , as they put it, " It is not that the people don't want a Mustang it is that Ford ruined it. Fix the Car, Start Making Mustangs again and we will buy.

Those letters with those statement is what created Team Mustang and the 30th anniversary car. The next complaint they got was " You turned the tail lights the wrong direction WHY?" and in 96 that was corrected. 99 drove the sales even harder. and the trend to heritage styling was in full speed. We have not got solid Mustang DNA back so we can move forward but forward does not mean START FROM SCRATCH.

So yes , the Fox deserves a lot of credit for keeping the line going , as does the Mustang II, and there are very devoted fans out there but the bottom line the is the probe was created and the idea to shelf the Mustang was conceived during the Fox run.

IN FACT, EVERY generation of Mustang deserves credit for the lasting history. And Every Mustang generation has its Fans.

I have even met people who LOVE 73 Mach 1s.

Wish I could find the Program on YOU TUBE i would post the link.

Last edited by Brewman; 10/24/13 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10/24/13, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Very minor body modifications, Changed the way the headlight looks so that the LED bulb is more to the center so that it doesn't look imo weird. the design doesn't necessarily have to be the one I came up with, but still keep the LED bulb closer to the center. Gave it a hinted C- scoop. Also got rid of the lower fogs.

Last edited by The_Munk; 10/24/13 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10/24/13, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Munk
Very minor body modifications, Changed the way the headlight looks so that the LED bulb is more to the center so that it doesn't look imo weird. the design doesn't necessarily have to be the one I came up with, but still keep the LED bulb closer to the center. Also got rid of the lower fogs.
Looks good. I can definitely see that as the next gen 3D Carbon Boy Racer kit!
Old 10/24/13, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

71 - 73 was the worst I grant ya that. I watched a program on the history of the Mustang leading up to the 30th anniversary and the 94 launch. The Ford spokesman said the fox gave then a short lived bump in sales but never did what they hope and the decision to replace it was made. It was then that the Letters poored in ( this was before in home pre email ) , some, as it was stated, even questioned the Ford peoples genetic heritage.

The bottom line was at the end of the Fox run the call from the Mustang audience was , as they put it, " It is not that the people don't want a Mustang it is that Ford ruined it. Fix the Car, Start Making Mustangs again and we will buy.

Those letters with those statement is what created Team Mustang and the 30th anniversary car. The next complaint they got was " You turned the tail lights the wrong direction WHY?" and in 96 that was corrected. 99 drove the sales even harder. and the trend to heritage styling was in full speed. We have not got solid Mustang DNA back so we can move forward but forward does not mean START FROM SCRATCH.

So yes , the Fox deserves a lot of credit for keeping the line going , as does the Mustang II, and there are very devoted fans out there but the bottom line the is the probe was created and the idea to shelf the Mustang was conceived during the Fox run.

IN FACT, EVERY generation of Mustang deserves credit for the lasting history. And Every Mustang generation has its Fans.

I have even met people who LOVE 73 Mach 1s.

Wish I could find the Program on YOU TUBE i would post the link.
Seeing that gradual seccession to the S197 platform, it makes you wonder what is the driver now..? Corporate wanting to expand to Europe or the people/fans..? It will be interesting for sure.
Old 10/24/13, 07:15 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Hope those rear lights look better in person.
Agree!!!
Old 10/24/13, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Hope those rear lights look better in person.

What if they look like this?

Braking

Old 10/24/13, 08:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Very minor body modifications, Changed the way the headlight looks so that the LED bulb is more to the center so that it doesn't look imo weird. the design doesn't necessarily have to be the one I came up with, but still keep the LED bulb closer to the center. Gave it a hinted C- scoop. Also got rid of the lower fogs.
Nice! If only they all had that stance.
Old 10/24/13, 08:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see them trying to emulate the 69 but they just look recessed way to deep.
Old 10/24/13, 08:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd buy. In this colour and all.
Old 10/24/13, 09:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
70 - 73 true 69 nFalse.

Notch backs in 69 had full door scoop albeit reverse facing and even the Fast back mach 1 and Boss 302s had a Scoop with recesses up high on the car although compressed it gave the right look for that cars proportions.

As for the Fox al thought I do like some of the early ones and the 5.0 LX's That was the car that lead to the probe being slatted to replaced the Mustang.

The fox near made a strong mustang statement and the Later GTs where just flat out over dressed messes. From day one I HATED those venetian blind taillights on 87 -93. But they did put a little scoop in the side skirt of those cars so at least that was something.

The 84s, 85s and 86s where not to bad but there was nothing that stood out as Mustang on them. to say long hood and short deck well that could be a LOT of cars.

My 84 K car I had in college had a long hood and short deck.
This can hardly be called a full C Scoop... it looks more like some JC Whitney Stick On Crap that someone mounted backwards. I never liked the way it looked exactly for that reason.

And the small Brake Duct mounted in the upper quarter panel on the 69 is the reason I prefer the 69 Fastback over the 70, but that can't be considered a C Scoop either. Neither were the "Brake Ducts on the 87-93 GT's. Yes the original intent of the "C Scoop" on the original was to simulate a Brake Duct, but those other interpretations are Not what people think of when someone mentions the Mustang's C Scoop which later became more watered down into a Hockey Stick.

As for all the Hate aimed at the 71-73's, I personally Love them. A 73 Mach 1 was my first Mustang experience when I was 6 years old My Mom bought a Blue and Silver Mach 1. She sold it a few years later because I was getting too big for the back seat, but bought a Yellow Mach 1 in the 80's and I owned a Saddle Bronze 73 Mach 1 in the 80's. I actually learned to drive and took my driving test in that Yellow Mach 1.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 10/24/13 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10/26/13, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
Well prepare yourself for disappointment, the "C Scoop" is not going to be returning and neither is the "Hockey Stick".
What is your source for this? I haven't seen confirmation one way or the other, but I don't claim to have read everything there is to read. Has it been leaked by someone who has seen a finished prototype?

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread