Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/15, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. The dealership does not want to do a dealer swap until after the weekend. Looks like they don't want t let the vehicle go without trying to sell it there first. I may have to take a drive to the vehicle I want.
Old 5/5/15, 03:57 AM
GT Member

I should be picking it up tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Old 5/5/15, 10:08 AM
GT Member

Scratch that. They just purchased a base GT Premium. Automatic. Now they will be selling it. To someone other than me.
Old 5/6/15, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Buy back complete on the paperwork side as of yesterday. I turned in the keys to it.

They got the right vehicle. I pick it up at lunch time. Funny, but there interdealer locator was not showing them the performance package car at Two Rivers in Mt. Juliet. I directed them to it, and they cut the deal with that dealership. That is also where they picked up the wrong car from yesterday because that one WAS on the locator service.
Old 5/6/15, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Mission accomplished. Pictures coming later tonight...
Old 5/7/15, 12:24 PM
GT Member

Last edited by farsidejunky; 5/7/15 at 12:31 PM.
Old 5/7/15, 12:30 PM
GT Member

I spoke to the technician again and asked him if he could update me when the transmission is replaced in the old vehicle. For those also experiencing the same problem, I wanted to keep updating on it.
Old 5/11/15, 08:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats man. I hope you love this one. I would get one but I just cant take the headlights but that is just me
Old 5/11/15, 09:25 PM

They seemed to have got it fixed finally this time. What's is odd is I got off the phone with the corporate cs rep they said it would be another week and like 30 mins later dealer called and said the car was ready.. No communication... But they checked run-out and indexed the drive shaft which is what I Suggested the first visit
Old 5/12/15, 07:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by witemax
They seemed to have got it fixed finally this time. What's is odd is I got off the phone with the corporate cs rep they said it would be another week and like 30 mins later dealer called and said the car was ready.. No communication... But they checked run-out and indexed the drive shaft which is what I Suggested the first visit
Great! Thanks for the update, witemax!

Deysha
Old 5/14/15, 05:32 PM
GT Member

I wrote the following review on Ford of Murfreesboro three weeks or so ago on cars.com:

"I drove from over two hours away to purchase a Ford Certified 2013 Mustang GT on Jan 31st, 2013. I had it one week and it went to the local dealer for a vibration problem. I have requested a buy back from Ford due to them still not having it fixed 72 days later. In that time, I have spoken to Chico in sales, Terry Kidd that is the used car manager, Kayla in service, and Will and Steve in finance for various issues in the process, most recently dealing with refunding my aftermarket warranty purchased at the same time as the vehicle. Each of these people talked a big game, but the only one who has done exactly what he said he would was Chico. The rest of these folks have flat out refused to call me back or honor doing what they said they would do. I would never do business with this dealership again as they will bend over backwards for the sale, but treat you like you have a communicable disease when you need a problem addressed after the sale."

They responded with this:

"Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us--we are disappointed to hear that you've had a frustrating experience with Ford of Murfreesboro. We are truly sorry that your phone calls were not returned and your expectations were not met. Our team is expected to display excellence in customer service, so we will do our best to promptly and thoroughly address this situation. We hope that we can work together to remedy this and prove that we value you as a customer. If you would, please contact us at (615) 556-1325 and ask for David so that we can work with you to make things right. Sincerely, Ford of Murfreesboro"

So I spoke to David today. He acknowledged that there were many points where his team should have done better. As compensation, he is giving me a free service package for use at any dealership. I did not expect it. I went into the situation simply out of principle.

Last edited by farsidejunky; 5/14/15 at 05:41 PM.
Old 5/17/15, 08:21 AM

Well I guess I spoke to soon I put some miles on the car this week and it still does it just a lot less say 80% of what it did. I'm just feed up with at it this point..

Last edited by witemax; 5/17/15 at 10:34 AM.
Old 5/17/15, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by keltymd
congrats man. I hope you love this one. I would get one but I just cant take the headlights but that is just me
No, it's not just you! I can't take em either! I hate that corporate identity u-turn Ford took with the 2015 Pony front! Looks like Focus front pressed together and pulled apart... and even while the side and rear view of the 2015 are quite appealing, I will always prefer my 2011 GT from every angle...
Old 5/17/15, 08:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by USS Tigershark
No, it's not just you! I can't take em either! I hate that corporate identity u-turn Ford took with the 2015 Pony front! Looks like Focus front pressed together and pulled apart... and even while the side and rear view of the 2015 are quite appealing, I will always prefer my 2011 GT from every angle...
Maybe so but I love their forged internals and IRS
Old 5/18/15, 10:33 AM

Just took mine in for the same issue this morning- '13 manual with 3.73 gears.
Old 5/18/15, 10:39 AM
GT Member

I wish you the best of luck coupe.
Old 5/18/15, 03:01 PM
GT Member

Still no word from the mechanic. I will message him on FB to see if they have had any resolution yet.

Coupedestang: When they finally get to the vibration test, make sure the attach the sensor to the shift handle. It took them three times of running that test before they did that, and they finally registered an abnormal amount of vibration when they did it.

As for the 2015's, they are completely different cars. I will agree that I love the front end of the 11-14's much more. And quite frankly, the tail lights on the 15's are atrocious to me. I am going to tint every light behind the rear wheels...

But man oh man, the way it drives makes up for the looks in every way possible. The interior is actually functional and comfortable, unlike my 13. This car was made for not only driving fast, but driving fast comfortably. It also makes riding in my 13 feel like riding in a tin can due to the cabin noise and insulation.
Old 5/19/15, 04:31 PM

Got the car back from the dealer yesterday and a balance seems to have fixed the issue, even though I've had the tires balanced on several occasions by an local tire chain. Unfortunately, the managed to scratch the hell out of wheels in the process of removing the old wheel weights.
Old 5/20/15, 08:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by coupedestang
Got the car back from the dealer yesterday and a balance seems to have fixed the issue, even though I've had the tires balanced on several occasions by an local tire chain. Unfortunately, the managed to scratch the hell out of wheels in the process of removing the old wheel weights.
Thanks for the update, coupedestang! Be sure to address your wheels with the service/general manager at your dealer.

Deysha
Old 5/28/15, 05:41 PM

Hello,

I just got my vibration at 70 mph fixed today. I first took it in for the TSB concerning the o ring on the crank shaft sensor. I was told when that was done Ford service did not reprogram the crank shaft sensor. I was also getting a CEL that would go on and off every other day. Now my 2014 GT/CS runs a lot better and stronger. I was surprised to learn that the vibration was a misfire from the motor. Hope this helps some people get there vibration/misfire fixed.

R

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds