Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/15, 09:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by farsidejunky
I know he will, Deysha, as well as you.

I do not hold either of you responsible for this. However, I do hold Ford responsible. The Hotline system is terrible. The ability to get an answer from the dealership has been questionable, unless I speak to the technician, who has been incredibly sharp and forthright. And lastly, the ability to obtain information seems to be much more difficult than it needs to be for both myself and Leon.

From a strategic standpoint at Ford corporate, I would guess the system works incredibly well minus the customer, which is telling in and of itself.
I understand, farsidejunky. Thanks for the kind words!

Deysha
Old 4/15/15, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Farsidejunky: your dealerships service is god awful and needs to be reported somehow. My car has been at Koons Ford in Baltimore and the hotline (I guess) told the dealership to give me a good will offer to make me only pay 250 bucks for a new clutch disc and pressure plate because a spring broke in the disc- something that isn't even covered under warranty!!!! It's been there since last Monday, and they just ordered the parts on Friday without hearing from ford. The service manager told me that he will make it right for me. Again, on a non warrantied part- a frickin clutch, something that is never covered under warranty. There is a miscommunication somewhere over there. Your transmission is covered under warranty and they are taking so long to do anything. You might want to call ford directly and get to the bottom of it that way instead of speaking to that guy Leon. Maybe you already tried that, but 52 days is just criminal. No other way to describe it. You should be given a new car or something, at least a used one like yours with comparable mileage and model year. Something has to be done somehow some way

Last edited by Mug-stang; 4/15/15 at 09:33 PM.
Old 4/15/15, 09:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon is ford customer service at Ford corporate. Trust me read the thread I went thru the same thing until I changed dealers And forced fords hand.
Old 4/16/15, 06:51 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is by voice, so the grammar or spelling maybe jacked up.

I need to give a big thanks to Kelty. They told me it was going to be a minimum of 4 weeks for the transmission and likely longer, because they had made an engineering change the factory on the transmission and were actually not going to be making any for at least 4 more weeks. So I brought up the possibility of a 2015 transmission and Leon look into it. What he found was that the only thing you had to do was remove the solenoid and somehow wrap a wiring harness it went to that solenoid that the 2013 doesn't use the 2015 does, and they are interchangeable. 2015 transmission is on order, and should hopefully be here by the middle of next week. I've instructed Leon to continue with the buyback, because if the transmission does not fix it I will most certainly be moving on to another vehicle. For the poster who said the dealership is god awful. They've been pretty terrible at both communication and dragging their feet on some things. But the primary culprit in this whole thing is the hot line system, because ford will not pay for warranty repairs that don't fix the problem unless hotline pre approved it. This adds bureaucracy to the process, and an entire week was wasted because the dealership could not communicate with hotline. It sat in one place with no work being done. So ultimately Ford is responsible. And Leon is customer service at Ford, so there's not a whole lot else I could do other than instructing Leon to buy the vehicle back which I have already done and will continue to pursue until either that comes back first or my vehicle comes back fixed first.
Old 4/18/15, 11:12 AM
GT Member

And surprise, suprise... Guess what else is on back order with no due in date?

All paperwork received by Leon for the buy back and submitted to their Reacquired Vehicles Team. He anticipates it will be approved by the middle of next week.

In the meantime I test drove a 2015 GT Premium. What a difference with the IRS. The push button start, off set cup holders (hate this about the 2013, cups interfere with shifting comfort) telescoping steering wheel and cooled seats are pretty nice too.

Once the buy back is complete I will be buying one, Deep Impact Blue, performance package, manual transmission. So done with this other one.

Last edited by farsidejunky; 4/18/15 at 11:26 AM.
Old 4/18/15, 11:14 AM
GT Member

All paperwork received by Leon for the buy back and submitted to their Reacquired Vehicles Team. He anticipates it will be approved by the middle of next week.

In the meantime I test drove a 2015 GT Premium. What a difference with the IRS. The push button start, off set cup holders (hate this about the 2013, cups interfere with shifting comfort) telescoping steering wheel and cooled seats are pretty nice too.

One the buy back is complete I will be buying one, Deep Impact Blue, performance package, manual transmission. So done with this other one.
I hate the issues but other than that love my car. Well ok the cup holders suck.................
Old 4/19/15, 11:12 AM
GT Member

Once the buy back is complete I will be buying one, Deep Impact Blue, performance package, manual transmission. So done with this other one.
Nice man, I know if I drove one I'd buy it too. Post some pics as soon as you get the new one!! I'd get the PP too no doubt
Old 4/22/15, 08:09 AM

I'm having the same issue with vibration after the dealer rebuilt my rear for a gear whine problem. If I would have seen this thread first, I would have lived with the whine now the dealer is giving me the run around on fixing the vibration problem, the car was smooth as silk before.
Old 4/22/15, 09:04 AM
GT Member

I think my long term plan will be a set of 3.31s or 3.15s and maybe a TVS SC to compensate for the loss of punch out of the hole
Old 4/22/15, 09:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by keltymd
I think my long term plan will be a set of 3.31s or 3.15s and maybe a TVS SC to compensate for the loss of punch out of the hole

I'm pretty sure the TVS SC will more than make up for your loss.
Old 4/23/15, 07:26 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by witemax
I'm having the same issue with vibration after the dealer rebuilt my rear for a gear whine problem. If I would have seen this thread first, I would have lived with the whine now the dealer is giving me the run around on fixing the vibration problem, the car was smooth as silk before.
Welcome to the forum, witemax! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I’m happy to get this escalated for you as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 4/23/15, 07:29 AM
GT Member

farside

any update on your case?
Old 4/23/15, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Nope. I called and left a voice mail for Leon this morning.

I have been dealing with Ford of Murfreesboro for the last three days trying to get them to initiate the refund of my warranty. Will from finance at the dealership said he would have it done, and have paperwork emailed to me showing it had been done, when we spoke on Tuesday. I have not received anything.

Example 4 of an individual at this dealership not doing what they said they were going to do.

So I called back and got Steve at finance. He assured me Will would call me back soon. This was an hour ago.

I just got off the phone with the warranty company. They cannot tell me anything as it is solely up to the dealer to take care of it.

Is it really so difficult to be who you say you will be? Evidently.

So disgusted with everything in this process.

If I have to drive to Murfreesboro this weekend and stand over his **** desk, Will will get it squared away and show me proof that he has done so.

Unbelievable.
Old 4/23/15, 12:03 PM
GT Member

I just left a review on cars.com regarding Ford of Murfreesboro. It was pretty scathing, and it lists everyone by name that I have dealt with there. Pretty tired of their antics.
Old 4/23/15, 12:37 PM
GT Member

Man. Nice maybe I should do the same from my service experience.
Old 4/23/15, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Leon just called. Buy back is approved.

FWIW, the transmission will not be in until the 3rd or 4th week of May... lol

Now I have to wait another 2-3 business days to be contacted by the Reacquired Vehicles Team.

Twiddling my thumbs...
Old 4/23/15, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Is their offer your full price?
Old 4/24/15, 08:31 AM
GT Member

I don't know yet.

Customer service approved the buy-back. After that happens, I then choose whether I want replacement or reimbursement. I chose reimbursement. Now it goes to the Reacquired Vehicles Team for them to tell me what they will offer.

As I understand it, it should be full purchase price minus an amount based on usage. I think I drove it 1700 miles and had possession of it for approximately three weeks in total.

If the offer is bad, and they will not move, I will pursue a BBB complaint.

In the interim, the transmission is still on order for the 2013. Leon said it would be mid May at the earliest. He still seems interested in telling me the status of the parts for some reason.

The RAV Team should be contacting me sometime next week. the packet went to them today because I had to get my account number from the finance company, and that does not get released with ease anymore...

Last edited by farsidejunky; 4/24/15 at 08:33 AM.
Old 4/24/15, 08:37 AM
GT Member

Interesting. Tennessee law didn't look like it gives them any deduction for use or mileage
Old 4/24/15, 09:32 AM
GT Member

From the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Web Site:

"WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A LEMON?

If you have a lemon, you must notify the manufacturer of the problem in writing by certified mail. The manufacturer has an additional opportunity to repair your car within 10 days. If the manufacturer cannot repair your car and the manufacturer has an informal dispute settlement procedure that complies with Federal Trade Commission regulations, the refund and replacement provisions of the Lemon Law won't apply until you submit to the procedure. You are not bound by the decision and can still seek available legal remedies, including asking a court to award a replacement vehicle or reimbursement of the purchase price (less a reasonable allowance for use), plus attorney fees and court costs"

Quick Reply: Vibration Issues At Highway Speeds