Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/16, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Name:  tandy_d96dbdb3123c1c3b516c21d30564f1881755d0d2.png
Views: 1096
Size:  52.9 KB

Here is whats on my mind when I think of SYNC - software from the stone age - that cannot be updated. Yes I am bitter.
Old 4/13/16, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Shaay, I would like to work with you on the Sync updated failing issue I am having with my 2011 Mustang as well. Please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks for your help.
Old 4/13/16, 11:58 AM

I've tried multiple times. I get it to say it is updating then before the voice is even done it says failed. That there either isn't enough space or the update isn't for this product. I verified the software that shows on the website is the installed version on my car. I'm lost.
Old 4/14/16, 12:34 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael R. Rising
Hi Shaay, I would like to work with you on the Sync updated failing issue I am having with my 2011 Mustang as well. Please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks for your help.
Hi Michael R. Rising,

I'll shoot over a PM soon.

Originally Posted by GTvert90
I've tried multiple times. I get it to say it is updating then before the voice is even done it says failed. That there either isn't enough space or the update isn't for this product. I verified the software that shows on the website is the installed version on my car. I'm lost.
GTvert90,

I see that you sent a PM; I'll respond shortly.

Shaay
Old 4/14/16, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi Michael R. Rising,

I'll shoot over a PM soon.

GTvert90,

I see that you sent a PM; I'll respond shortly.

Shaay
Thanks its really frustrating. .
Old 4/14/16, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I think this means patience for us, because Shaay is putting us on the "escalation" list. God knows how long the escalation will take before they find a solution.
Old 4/14/16, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
I think this means patience for us, because Shaay is putting us on the "escalation" list. God knows how long the escalation will take before they find a solution.
Anyone try disconnecting the battery? i've done master resets and nothing but was thinking that might be a step farther.
Old 4/14/16, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I've tried disconnecting the 15A fuse for SYNC, I've tried disconnecting the battery and I've tried Master Resets. I always get Installation Failed. You can go ahead and try for yourself, the results seems pretty unconsistent from one user to the other, so...
Old 4/14/16, 02:32 PM

I've tried disconnecting the 15A fuse for SYNC, I've tried disconnecting the battery and I've tried Master Resets. I always get Installation Failed. You can go ahead and try for yourself, the results seems pretty unconsistent from one user to the other, so...
This is a stupid problem to have. I just want it to default to bluetooth audio so I don't need to fiddle with the ***** as much
Old 4/14/16, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

This is a stupid problem to have. I just want it to default to bluetooth audio so I don't need to fiddle with the ***** as much
I know my friend. A lot of us find it frustrating. It would be nice also to have a display of the song title instead of that bland "Bluetooth Audio" display. All this is available to random user being able to install the 4.4. update. Patience I guess is key for the others, so better get use to fiddle with the *****.
Old 4/15/16, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I know my friend. A lot of us find it frustrating. It would be nice also to have a display of the song title instead of that bland "Bluetooth Audio" display. All this is available to random user being able to install the 4.4. update. Patience I guess is key for the others, so better get use to fiddle with the *****.

Apparently you haven't done the 4.4 update, because it displays track and artist information with that update. Why haven't you updated it?

And my system with the 4.4 update never fails to return to bluetooth audio every time I start the car. I have a feeling that a lot of people complaining about this didnt do the update correctly, so they are still on the old software.
Old 4/15/16, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Apparently you haven't done the 4.4 update, because it displays track and artist information with that update. Why haven't you updated it?

And my system with the 4.4 update never fails to return to bluetooth audio every time I start the car. I have a feeling that a lot of people complaining about this didnt do the update correctly, so they are still on the old software.
Glad that it worked for you. I did EXACTLY what they said in the instructions to install the 4.4 update, but I get an "Installation failed" message. I sent a PM to Shaay at Ford and hope for a miracle.
Old 4/15/16, 12:51 PM

Apparently you can't read because we are having trouble updating to 4.4.. thats what we have been complaining about.. I know that the update fixes my issue.. but I can't install the update..
Old 4/15/16, 01:06 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I understand, GTvert90. I responded to your PM. Check it out when you get a chance.

Shaay
Old 4/15/16, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Apparently you can't read because we are having trouble updating to 4.4.. thats what we have been complaining about.. I know that the update fixes my issue.. but I can't install the update..
I scrolled up a bit and didn't see that in the thread. You obviously then have bad hardware on the SYNC/USB port side or your USB Drive.
Old 4/15/16, 02:27 PM

I scrolled up a bit and didn't see that in the thread. You obviously then have bad hardware on the SYNC/USB port side or your USB Drive.
It starts then says not enough space or this version isn't for this system.
Old 4/16/16, 03:59 PM
GT Member

I downloaded the two files from 4.4 to a fat32 USB stick. Only one file was a zip file (about 10 items I believe). Is that correct? For those of you that are having issues with the download in the car, does your Sync still work the way it did before you started? I do not want to lose my Sync (working fine now) just to get the song title in the display instead of it showing blue tooth audio.
Old 4/16/16, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
I downloaded the two files from 4.4 to a fat32 USB stick. Only one file was a zip file (about 10 items I believe). Is that correct? For those of you that are having issues with the download in the car, does your Sync still work the way it did before you started? I do not want to lose my Sync (working fine now) just to get the song title in the display instead of it showing blue tooth audio.
Our attempts to install the new software is not even installing with multiple attempts. It didn't damage my original version of the software.
The following users liked this post:
tucsondivots (4/18/16)
Old 4/17/16, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
Originally Posted by Michael R. Rising
Our attempts to install the new software is not even installing with multiple attempts. It didn't damage my original version of the software.
Michael is correct. Attempting hasn't messed anything up for me. That I don't want to say it won't screw something up. With software updates to anything there is always room for error.
The following users liked this post:
tucsondivots (4/18/16)
Old 4/18/16, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Well, I tried to do the 4.4 update and no luck. I got to USB setup but could never get to "install applications" prompt. Everything still works as it did before anyway.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.