Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

The TMS Dog Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/14, 11:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Leto passed away peacefully tonight with some help at the local vet hospital. It was quiet. I held him until the very end. Tons of kleenex tissues were needed
I am so sorry man, I know how hard it is, I've been through the same thing. Just know that he gave you unconditional love and you gave him peace without suffering. I may have waited too long on mine, he was blind, could barely walk and we had to carry him out to go potty. But he was 22 or so, my selfishness couldn't let him go until the last minute.

He was just a mutt, but I got him as a pup when I was in middle school and grew up with him, then my kid was with him from when he was born til he started high school. This was right before I had to put him down. Needless to say it was a sad day at our house after all we had been through. That dog was the only constant in our screwed up lives.

Name:  cd09ba0d.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  46.9 KB
Old 10/17/14, 11:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Yeah Leto was experiencing more difficulty walking each day. He went blind this past summer. He had cancer a year ago but we removed the tumor. With his rapid deterioration today, i knew the best thing was a peaceful passing sooner rather than later. he made my life bearable when things were hard, and brought laughter and love to anyone who got to know him too.
Old 10/18/14, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yeah Leto was experiencing more difficulty walking each day. He went blind this past summer. He had cancer a year ago but we removed the tumor. With his rapid deterioration today, i knew the best thing was a peaceful passing sooner rather than later. he made my life bearable when things were hard, and brought laughter and love to anyone who got to know him too.
I know what you mean brother. Mine could walk, had trouble getting up, but he was so blind that he couldn't see how to get down the steps so we had to carry him out to the yard (he had always been a mostly outside dog until the later years, then we let him stay in the house). Then one day he got to the point to where he would yelp out in pain when you touched him and I knew it was time. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. That drive to the vet was one of the longest I've ever taken and I've driven to California. Didn't even tell the boy what was going on, just did it and had to tell him when he got home from school. Talk about a difficult conversation.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 10/18/14 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10/18/14, 12:06 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Leto passed away peacefully tonight with some help at the local vet hospital. It was quiet. I held him until the very end. Tons of kleenex tissues were needed
Sorry to read man. My F150 steering column wears 2 collars.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/18/14 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10/18/14, 12:37 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Very sorry to hear Darren. I've lost several dogs. It's not easy.
Old 10/18/14, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Poor bubba he may not physically be with you, but his spirit will live on. Take care Leto, say hi to Niki for me...
Old 10/18/14, 10:08 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,223 Posts
So, so sorry Darren. At least he is in a better place now and not suffering.
I put my dog Jenna down on July 23. She had diabetes and was blind. She was really bad that day. I balled for 2 days after that.
Sorry for your loss bro.
Old 10/18/14, 01:44 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Every picture of him he always seemed to be the happiest dog and very loving. But you certainly did the right thing by not keeping him in pain.
Old 10/19/14, 04:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Sadly (with some tears), my boy Leto is knocking at heaven's door as I write this. Last night we played with Tag and had a good night. He may have used up the last of his heart beats though, and is looking at moving on. Relax and go when you want to Leto. I'll be right here with you. He's resting at his spot in the kitchen by the stove where all the action usually is. This is tough, no matter how much you think you are ready for it.
Poor guy. I'm sorry, Darren. I was afraid of something like this when he went blind. I hope it was because of age and not depression. You'll need to keep an eye on Tag, make sure he has plenty to occupy him for the next few days.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 10/19/14 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10/19/14, 06:17 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm so sorry Darren. I always look forward to the updates and pics. He will be missed here.
Old 10/22/14, 08:35 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Name:  20141022_112311_zps8e2ef495.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  269.9 KB

It's been down-pouring a lot today. Poor Tag.
Old 10/22/14, 09:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It's been down-pouring a lot today. Poor Tag.
I bet he misses his buddy.
Old 10/22/14, 09:24 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I bet he misses his buddy.
we both do. alot. mornings are the hardest. he runs around looking for Leto. He is used to waiting for Leto's dish to be filled before his, and begin eating when Leto starts. the first day after, he stared at his food waiting for the routine to begin.
I even filled Leto's dish accidentally. still haven't moved Leto's stuff. not ready to do that yet i guess.

Last edited by DarrenGT; 10/22/14 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10/22/14, 10:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
we both do. alot. mornings are the hardest. he runs around looking for Leto. He is used to waiting for Leto's dish to be filled before his, and begin eating when Leto starts. the first day after, he stared at his food waiting for the routine to begin. I even filled Leto's dish accidentally. still haven't moved Leto's stuff. not ready to do that yet i guess.
My Kiska, our 15 y/o Shiba, is right behind Leto. She's blind too, and mostly out of if these days. When my Liam is at my parents' though, she lights up. They love each other. I held her on my lap tonight, which she never used to let me do. That worried me. I could feel her breathing slowing down. I'm not sure she's going to make another Christmas
Old 10/23/14, 08:57 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we both do. alot. mornings are the hardest. he runs around looking for Leto. He is used to waiting for Leto's dish to be filled before his, and begin eating when Leto starts. the first day after, he stared at his food waiting for the routine to begin. I even filled Leto's dish accidentally. still haven't moved Leto's stuff. not ready to do that yet i guess.
Just saw about Leto so sorry man
Old 10/23/14, 04:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

we both do. alot. mornings are the hardest. he runs around looking for Leto. He is used to waiting for Leto's dish to be filled before his, and begin eating when Leto starts. the first day after, he stared at his food waiting for the routine to begin.
I even filled Leto's dish accidentally. still haven't moved Leto's stuff. not ready to do that yet i guess.
Yeah,...that's wicked tough. It took me a while as well.
Give Tag a pet for me.
Old 10/23/14, 08:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yeah,...that's wicked tough. It took me a while as well.
Give Tag a pet for me.
we had a good day today…

Name:  20141023_134356_zpsbbc84bc1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  375.6 KB

BUT it wasn't nice long enough to play with Tag AND drive the stang, so I played with Tag.

I REALLY miss driving my car. Don't get me wrong i LOVE my new truck, especially the new improved sound system in the '14s and the awesome new hid lights, but i miss the raw energizing rhythm of 427 horses.

It's like working out with machines vs pushing raw iron weights.
Old 10/24/14, 03:23 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

we had a good day today…

BUT it wasn't nice long enough to play with Tag AND drive the stang, so I played with Tag.
I REALLY miss driving my car. Don't get me wrong i LOVE my new truck, especially the new improved sound system in the '14s and the awesome new hid lights, but i miss the raw energizing rhythm of 427 horses.
That's awesome. He's having fun!
Yeah,....it's good to "mix it up" though. Just like working out with weights or switching it up with the machines.
Old 10/24/14, 03:41 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
we had a good day today…

I just gave Tiki back after having her again for the last two and a half weeks. I'm getting her again next month. It sucks that I have to share custody. When it's my turn with her, I'm a different person. I forget all about the Mustang in the garage sometimes.

We let our dogs own us, don't we?

I still feel bad for you Darren, but if there's an upside, Tag gets double the love now, and I'm willing to bet Leto approves.
Old 10/26/14, 02:45 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I bought Tag a new stuffy today and he's on cloud 9. taking it everywhere with him, proud look on his face lol

Name:  20141026_133530_zpsec4b02fb.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  363.2 KB

Quick Reply: The TMS Dog Thread!