Curated Content Articles 2010-2014 Youtube & Photo Gallery Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Youtube & Photo Gallery

This Cop Drives an Unmarked Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/13, 08:04 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Skylar
Most pigs, er, police officers aren't the great men and women everyone makes them out to be. Most of them are guys on a power-trip that use their badge to get away with anything. They don't play cops for fun, they play cops for pay. I know there are some great officers that take their job seriously, and I respect them for it. I guess I just have a grudge against them because I don't think I've ever met a cop I liked.
Skylar, with that point of view (I was going to say "attitude") I'm not surprised that you have had nothing but bad experiences. You may find this hard to believe but law enforcement officers are people too. Don't you think that your first inclination to call them "pigs" comes across loud and clear whenever you come in contact with an officer? Think non-verbal communication if you're not using those exact words. Its likely that the results you're getting is directly as a result of the officer thinking "What an a**hole. No reason to give him a break." It a very difficult job and has an increasingly aggressive "clientele". Both in violence and in the search for that big payday. I challenge you: go on a citizen ridealong if offered in your area. (Now if you have warrants outstanding, pass on that suggestion) Bring up your concerns/views one-on-one to an officer. You just might be surprised. And "Pigs" is such a passe' term nowadays.

Last edited by junkman9096; 12/4/13 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12/4/13, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by junkman9096
Skylar, with that point of view (I was going to say "attitude") I'm not surprised that you have had nothing but bad experiences. You may find this hard to believe but law enforcement officers are people too. Don't you think that your first inclination to call them "pigs" comes across loud and clear whenever you come in contact with an officer? Think non-verbal communication if you're not using those exact words. Its likely that the results you're getting is directly as a result of the officer thinking "What an a**hole. No reason to give him a break." It a very difficult job and has an increasingly aggressive "clientele". Both in violence and in the search for that big payday. I challenge you: go on a citizen ridealong if offered in your area. (Now if you have warrants outstanding, pass on that suggestion) Bring up your concerns/views one-on-one to an officer. You just might be surprised. And "Pigs" is such a passe' term nowadays.
My view of police officers is mainly based on my experience with them. Both times I was pulled over, I was not rude to either officer and neither time did I get a ticket. I absolutely hate seeing people do illegal u-turns etc. in front of cops and not get a ticket, but then they pull me over for doing absolutely nothing wrong and lie about it to my face. The time my mustang was vandalized, the officer that came out that night was standing right in front of the people who did it and didn't even fill out a police report. Later on, I drove by their house and seeing them in the yard, I called the police department and told them exactly where they were and that they both had warrants for their arrest. Even after doing the officers job for them and telling them where they were, they STILL didn't arrest them. After dealing with that ordeal for over six months, I realized one thing: the criminal justice system cares more about the criminals than the victims. I learned that you can fail to appear at court, lie in court, assault someone, and cause over $5,000 I'm damage to someone's car and get away with just a slap on the wrist.

Last edited by Skylar; 12/4/13 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12/5/13, 08:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool OK, I've been around a long time

Let's go back 25+ years..
I've been pulled over by good cops, bad cops and fake cops.
I've been laughed at, lied about, complemented, admonished, arrested, properly ridiculed, you name it.
I've seen it all.

Have you ever been surrounded by a quarter of a city police force with guns drawn? For a case of mistaken identity?
The last cop to give me a ticket (for something I didn't even think of doing) is now the chief of a nearby town.
He imagined I had done something in violation of the law. He never saw a thing because it didn't happen. That was 1987.

The problem is that we hire cops from the HUMAN race.
Mistakes will be made.
Old 12/5/13, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Let's go back 25+ years.. I've been pulled over by good cops, bad cops and fake cops. I've been laughed at, lied about, complemented, admonished, arrested, properly ridiculed, you name it. I've seen it all. Have you ever been surrounded by a quarter of a city police force with guns drawn? For a case of mistaken identity? The last cop to give me a ticket (for something I didn't even think of doing) is now the chief of a nearby town. He imagined I had done something in violation of the law. He never saw a thing because it didn't happen. That was 1987. The problem is that we hire cops from the HUMAN race. Mistakes will be made.
That's quite a career of unintentional involvement with the local law enforcement.
Old 12/5/13, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skylar
My view of police officers is mainly based on my experience with them. Both times I was pulled over, I was not rude to either officer and neither time did I get a ticket. I absolutely hate seeing people do illegal u-turns etc. in front of cops and not get a ticket, but then they pull me over for doing absolutely nothing wrong and lie about it to my face. The time my mustang was vandalized, the officer that came out that night was standing right in front of the people who did it and didn't even fill out a police report. Later on, I drove by their house and seeing them in the yard, I called the police department and told them exactly where they were and that they both had warrants for their arrest. Even after doing the officers job for them and telling them where they were, they STILL didn't arrest them. After dealing with that ordeal for over six months, I realized one thing: the criminal justice system cares more about the criminals than the victims. I learned that you can fail to appear at court, lie in court, assault someone, and cause over $5,000 I'm damage to someone's car and get away with just a slap on the wrist.
what? That's bs if someone hurt my car I would run his/their worthless *** over, and burn the body(s) in a furnace until the bones turned into ash.
Old 12/5/13, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
what? That's bs if someone hurt my car I would run his/their worthless *** over, and burn the body(s) in a furnace until the bones turned into ash.
Really? I can only infer that you are a psycho, or a world-class BS'er, or a scared little man who tries to camouflage his fears with an ultra-macho bada$$ attitude. At any rate, some one at some time is likely to call your raise; that's gonna be ugly.
Old 12/6/13, 08:04 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Azure
That's quite a career of unintentional involvement with the local law enforcement.
Yeah, good thing it mostly all happened back before Jimmy Carter left office.
Old 12/6/13, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by karman
Yeah, good thing it mostly all happened back before Jimmy Carter left office.
Well dang, and this WAS a new keyboard too.... Next time man, include a spew alert please. LOL
Old 12/9/13, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by junkman9096

+1. From a former "pig".
Old 12/10/13, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2012GT
+1. From a former "pig".
Same here, Pride Integrity, Guts - The meaning behind "PIG"
Old 12/10/13, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I know some cops personally, have worked around them, and I will say the ones I know are the "never wrong" kind of guys that will never apologize or admit they are ever wrong about anything. I also know they mess with people just to mess with people and lie about things just to get attention or to help their case. I have known good people that left the force because of the bad cops and what they do. I am not saying they are all bad either but the ones I know are jerks from what they say and how they act. I will admit they do have a challenging job and put themselves in harms way more than the average citizen but to be drunk on power over non law enforcement is really what they live for.
Old 12/10/13, 07:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yep! in indiana here! There is a silver 2010 GT police car in my area, every time I see one in my mirror I think its him!
Old 12/10/13, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
yep! in indiana here! There is a silver 2010 GT police car in my area, every time I see one in my mirror I think its him!
Lol, I think I've seen it in the Brownsburg area once.
Old 12/15/13, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

There are good and bad in any work force. Most of the Officers in my area are very polite. There are a few know-it-all's too. Those are the ones that make a bad name for the rest. It's like they have a ego complex or something.
I still don't like unmarked cars either. I tell my girls if they get lit up by a suspicious looking car, "Call 911"
Old 12/16/13, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba-Matt
I still don't like unmarked cars either. I tell my girls if they get lit up by a suspicious looking car, "Call 911"
Very good advice. ALWAYS call 911 if you don't want to stop for an unmarked car.
A- The dispatcher can tell you if the guy is legit,
B- The dispatcher can have cars headed your way if the car is not legit
C- Might cover your rear legally if you get charged for failure to stop. There will be a record on file that you called with your concern.

Of course, this doesn't work too well with fully marked up cars with bar lights and more strobes than the airport.
Old 12/24/13, 12:37 PM
GT Member

Speak of the devil, the local cops caught a police impersonator in my town yesterday. A motorist followed the guy who was driving erratically for miles until he finally passed out at a light, then the guy took his keys from the ignition. Cops show up and arrest him for being intoxicated, as synthetic marijuana is in the front seat with a pipe.
What's interesting is what the cops found in the car: multiple blue lights on the visor, back seat, and a magnetic base one in the console; handcuffs; two phony police badges; two fully charged stun guns; three pellet guns (look real to me); two big Rambo-type knives; and three hats with logos of State Police and other agencies.
So they stopped him for impaired driving thanks to another motorist and stumbled upon a police impersonator. Now what exactly do you suppose he was up to? They can't even charge him with police impersonation just based on having this stuff but would anybody be surprised to find he had committed crimes? Even extremely serious ones?
Old 12/25/13, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by exchallenger
Speak of the devil, the local cops caught a police impersonator in my town yesterday. A motorist followed the guy who was driving erratically for miles until he finally passed out at a light, then the guy took his keys from the ignition. Cops show up and arrest him for being intoxicated, as synthetic marijuana is in the front seat with a pipe.
What's interesting is what the cops found in the car: multiple blue lights on the visor, back seat, and a magnetic base one in the console; handcuffs; two phony police badges; two fully charged stun guns; three pellet guns (look real to me); two big Rambo-type knives; and three hats with logos of State Police and other agencies.
So they stopped him for impaired driving thanks to another motorist and stumbled upon a police impersonator. Now what exactly do you suppose he was up to? They can't even charge him with police impersonation just based on having this stuff but would anybody be surprised to find he had committed crimes? Even extremely serious ones?
There's been a couple of reports of someone trying to pull people over on Rte. 117 in Lancaster, Stow and Maynard. I believe the local PD and State Police will be doing a little investigating and putting this @$$hat in jail for a while.
Old 12/25/13, 03:21 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,730 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
There's been a couple of reports of someone trying to pull people over on Rte. 117 in Lancaster, Stow and Maynard. I believe the local PD and State Police will be doing a little investigating and putting this @$$hat in jail for a while.
There's no Rt 117 in MY Lancaster?
Old 12/25/13, 05:24 PM
GT Member

You know of course that he's referring to Lancaster, Massachusetts.