Various Curated Content Articles Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Photo Gallery, Auctions, Shows, Etc. Youtube Video's

S197 and S550 Side-by-Side Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/14, 05:35 PM
TMS Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S197 and S550 Side-by-Side Comparison

Ford brought a new Mustang out to a local Cars 'n Coffee meetup last month and let people look at the two cars side by side. Personally? I really like the new design. What's interesting to me is that the S197 doesn't actually look old. Different, sure, but not dated. Video is on the blog here.

Do you agree?
Old 1/6/14, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus S
Ford brought a new Mustang out to a local Cars 'n Coffee meetup last month and let people look at the two cars side by side. Personally? I really like the new design. What's interesting to me is that the S197 doesn't actually look old. Different, sure, but not dated. Video is on the blog here. Do you agree?
Exactly what I've been thinking. And that makes me and my 2011 happy.
Old 1/6/14, 09:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Exactly what I've been thinking. And that makes me and my 2011 happy.
Me and my `14 have a difference perspective.....

This poster over on the 2015 board says it all :

Originally Posted by Varilux

When this appears in the rear-view mirror, it says "I'm headed to the local drive-in to hang out with my buds, drink some Buds, and possibly raise some heck... you would be wise to get out of my way."

THIS says, "I'm headed to CarToys for some neon lights to make my car glow at night like the cars in Fast and Furious... You might want to give me room because I'm pretty hopped up on Monster drinks right now."

But hey, even Monster-drink glugging ricers need something to drive- Ford better hope they have enough cash to plunk down for a '15 Mustang!
Old 1/6/14, 11:38 PM
Banned

so the first one says you're going to drink and drive and the other says you're on a sugar high?
Old 1/7/14, 12:05 AM

Ford brought a new Mustang out to a local Cars 'n Coffee meetup last month and let people look at the two cars side by side. Personally? I really like the new design. What's interesting to me is that the S197 doesn't actually look old. Different, sure, but not dated. Video is on the blog here.

Do you agree?
I totally agree...
Old 1/7/14, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you agree?

This is the best shot of the 2 I've seen yet and it shows the proportions being very similar. Obviously the S197 is lowered and on 18's and this makes the cars look to be the same height.
Old 1/7/14, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Fire
This is the best shot of the 2 I've seen yet and it shows the proportions being very similar. Obviously the S197 is lowered and on 18's and this makes the cars look to be the same height.
True, but by lowering and using 18"s it shows them more equal in ride height and fender filling.

This one pic actually does a great job showing how each little feature of the '14 transformed onto the '15.

Now, what I'd really like to see would be the same wheels and the same color on a '14 and '15 side by side.

Last edited by Krohn; 1/7/14 at 06:37 AM.
Old 1/7/14, 07:20 AM
DRB
Bullitt Member

She does, however, always something pertinent and interesting to say.

A lot of the so-called criticism of the new car here tends to be overheated and (badly) aimed at being clever rather than observant.
Old 1/7/14, 07:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

They both look great but the 2015 looks wider in the rear and front because of the lines, they did a better job then on the 10-14's.
Old 1/7/14, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jackd
Do not worry about "THE DIVA" ( drama queen ) lajntx she never has anything nice to say.
The Diva has a way with words. As a 13 GT owner I think the redneck and rice "comparison" made earlier was flat out stupid. I think a lot of the "sky is falling" comments made by other S197 owners is pretty pathetic. I loved my 05 V6 and love the monstrous 5.0 but the '15 goes in the right direction. The old and old-minded dogs barking incessantly at the 2015 would do well to take Dylan's advice:

Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

In other words, my fellow S197 drivers who simply want to bash the new car should just shut up and stay in their "lane" on these message boards.
On the flip side, Divas comment was, as usual, pretty amusing.
Old 1/7/14, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kingofsting
...The old and old-minded dogs barking incessantly at the 2015 would do well to take Dylan's advice:

Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

You think maybe Dylan still feels that way? We say lots of ignorant things when we're young that we look back on with chagrin. No need to be age biased.
Old 1/7/14, 10:05 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by kingofsting

In other words, my fellow S197 drivers who simply want to bash the new car should just shut up and stay in their "lane" on these message boards.
Everyone is entitled to their opionion, and this IS an opinion based thread. Some peple like the '15, some don't. But who made you the opinion police?
Old 1/7/14, 04:01 PM
Banned

Only question is do I buy a '15, or keep my '13. Also have a possibility to buy a '55 Bel-Air so the '13 could go anyway.
Old 1/7/14, 04:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Only question is do I buy a '15, or keep my '13. Also have a possibility to buy a '55 Bel-Air so the '13 could go anyway.
55 bel-air. Wow. Does your wife have a "regular" long trip type if car? If she does, I say 55. Sooo hot.
Old 1/7/14, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jackd
Do not worry about "THE DIVA" ( drama queen ) lajntx she never has anything nice to say, and I'll bet the house the way she likes to run off at the mouth, she talks and texts while driving.
I love getting you banned from forums. So I've gotten you banned here what 6 times now on TMS and once on MustangForums???

We can make it 7 if you like with the threats you left me on my inbox. Seeing that you live real close to me, I'm sure the Police would take those physical threats of violence quite seriously . . . (EDIT).

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 1/7/14 at 04:24 PM.
Old 1/7/14, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. V
55 bel-air. Wow. Does your wife have a "regular" long trip type if car? If she does, I say 55. Sooo hot.
Only car we have right now is the Mustang, her commute vehicle is a '09 BMW 650 GS-Police bike. That being said, she generally drives the Mustang too.

The '55 would be something that would happen late this year if it does, cuz I'd need to free the garage space and get it back to running order. Good body, good paint, just been sitting for over 20 years (uncle was a military guy, and was often stationed overseas, so my dad had been storing it for him for a long time, and now another uncle is)
Old 1/7/14, 04:24 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Keep to topic and refrain from threats and insults towards other members. Also, no need to divulge personnel information. If there is an issue with a member, please PM me, another Admin or Moderator.
Old 1/7/14, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Keep to topic and refrain from threats and insults towards other members. Also, no need to divulge personnel information. If there is an issue with a member, please PM me, another Admin or Moderator.
you have a PM, then.
Old 1/7/14, 04:31 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

you have a PM, then.
Got it and thank you . . . now back to topic.
Old 1/7/14, 04:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Only car we have right now is the Mustang, her commute vehicle is a '09 BMW 650 GS-Police bike. That being said, she generally drives the Mustang too. The '55 would be something that would happen late this year if it does, cuz I'd need to free the garage space and get it back to running order. Good body, good paint, just been sitting for over 20 years (uncle was a military guy, and was often stationed overseas, so my dad had been storing it for him for a long time, and now another uncle is)
I like bikes but for me, I need to have a modern car to use sometimes. I've used classic cars as daily drivers and sometimes it just isn't comfortable. I like a/c and cruise control. I like my car starting no matter how cold it is. I really love having a good radio. I know you can add most of these to a classic but it seems to remove that magical aura of the past.

I revote that you keep your car. Love the color and look you've created.

Quick Reply: S197 and S550 Side-by-Side Comparison