Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/14, 06:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 541 Likes on 422 Posts
Drove mine, again.
This time in a snow storm, max speed 40 mph on the highway, people being morons as it always happens immediately as soon as a snow flake is in the air

Got it home to an unplowed parking spot, about 7" of snow on the ground and a nice little pile in front of the spot.

It was "watch this" time as I backed the car fully into the spot.

I continue to love my Continental DWS tires

And all day I drove the car with the Stability Control fully OFF, giving me a predictable car that I controlled perfectly.

As she sits now:

Name:  2014-01-19_snow7in_zps1e382c51.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  356.7 KB
Old 1/19/14, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Drove mine, again.
This time in a snow storm, max speed 40 mph on the highway, people being morons as it always happens immediately as soon as a snow flake is in the air

Got it home to an unplowed parking spot, about 7" of snow on the ground and a nice little pile in front of the spot.

It was "watch this" time as I backed the car fully into the spot.

I continue to love my Continental DWS tires

And all day I drove the car with the Stability Control fully OFF, giving me a predictable car that I controlled perfectly.

As she sits now:

Gabe.. I don't know how you and the lovely Lisa can leave drive your ponies in the snow. My Mustang is allergic to road salt and in this last storm it seemed like the Massholes and Cow Hampshireites forgot how to drive in winter weather. I was on duty at the firehouse Saturday and we had a rash of accidents... one of my Engine Companies got stuck at the bottom of a hill in a private condo development while returning from a medical emmergency despite having the instachains engaged. The condo's plowing company hadn't come out yet, we had to have the DPW send a plow and sander to get them out.
Old 1/19/14, 06:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DaGonz
Gabe.. I don't know how you and the lovely Lisa can leave drive your ponies in the snow. My Mustang is allergic to road salt and in this last storm it seemed like the Massholes and Cow Hampshireites forgot how to drive in winter weather. I was on duty at the firehouse Saturday and we had a rash of accidents... one of my Engine Companies got stuck at the bottom of a hill in a private condo development while returning from a medical emmergency despite having the instachains engaged. The condo's plowing company hadn't come out yet, we had to have the DPW send a plow and sander to get them out.
She doesn't drive hers in this stuff. Those summer Goodyears would not provide any kind of traction, that's for sure.
Plus, like you say, she doesn't want roadsalt on the car.
It kinda just happened, we meant to put it back into storage a couple of days ago but got effed by unforeseen events, so we never got the chance to do so.
It's going back into storage tomorrow or late in the week after this next cold front blows through
Mine, I drive it whenever I can, I just try to take it through car washes to wash the undercarriage, more often.
She's over-due for one, big-time, right now ...
Old 1/19/14, 06:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great... I'm back at the firehouse for my second day tour.. and it is snowing... again.
Let the games begin....
Old 1/19/14, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Now the sun is out!

Melt! Melt! Melt!
Old 1/19/14, 09:43 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,691 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Drove mine, again.
Gabe,...how come you don't drive the Focus in the winter months?
Mustangs still look gorgeous with or without snow on them.
Old 1/19/14, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Gabe,...how come you don't drive the Focus in the winter months?
Mustangs still look gorgeous with or without snow on them.
Lisa's car is out of storage due to the 45-50 degree days we had last week, and for me to install the new rear suspension pieces.

The Focus has totally disappointed me with its traction once I installed the new Falken tires. I can't believe how much those things suck in the snow.
I get better traction with the Mustang on the DWS Conti's, with the Advancetrak shut OFF completely.

As far as yesterday, we went out for a late breakfast, barely any snow coming down. We were heading to my place for a little while, and the forecast was for ~3"
We figured it'd change to rain like forecast, by the time we got into Mass
That didn't happen till much later in the day.
Rt 3 was a mess, 3 lanes cut down to 2 by the morons on the road, no plowing action seen at all.
So we basically got caught in it and were forced to continue.
At least the ride back was mostly just wet.
Sucked to finally get back to NH and see the parking spot totally unplowed ... I let Lisa get out of the car and go inside and had my way with getting the car into the spot.
Even there the tires surprised me, as I was spinning but still gaining ground, and made it fully into the spot.

The Focus is basically for sale.

I want a truck. Badly.
Old 1/19/14, 09:58 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Lisa's car is out of storage due to the 45-50 degree days we had last week, and for me to install the new rear suspension pieces.
The Focus has totally disappointed me with its traction once I installed the new Falken tires. I can't believe how much those things suck in the snow.
I get better traction with the Mustang on the DWS Conti's, with the Advancetrak shut OFF completely.
As far as yesterday, we went out for a late breakfast, barely any snow coming down. We were heading to my place for a little while, and the forecast was for ~3"
We figured it'd change to rain like forecast, by the time we got into Mass
That didn't happen till much later in the day.
Rt 3 was a mess, 3 lanes cut down to 2 by the morons on the road, no plowing action seen at all.
So we basically got caught in it and were forced to continue.
At least the ride back was mostly just wet.
Sucked to finally get back to NH and see the parking spot totally unplowed ... I let Lisa get out of the car and go inside and had my way with getting the car into the spot.
Even there the tires surprised me, as I was spinning but still gaining ground, and made it fully into the spot.
The Focus is basically for sale. I want a truck. Badly.
Yeah,....that sucks. The weather people screwed that forecast up badly. It was still snowing a bit this morning.
That sucks about the Falken tires. I'm thinking about a new truck as well. Either a Ford or a Dodge. GOOD LUCK!
Old 1/19/14, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah,....that sucks. The weather people screwed that forecast up badly. It was still snowing a bit this morning.
That sucks about the Falken tires. I'm thinking about a new truck as well. Either a Ford or a Dodge. GOOD LUCK!
Ford is my only consideration for a truck.

Even looking at F250's ... I like Super Duty trucks a lot.

Although, a Ranger would fit my needs much better.
Old 1/19/14, 10:58 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Ford is my only consideration for a truck. Even looking at F250's ... I like Super Duty trucks a lot.
Although, a Ranger would fit my needs much better.
Yeah,...if I go Ford, I may go Ecboost. If not, then 5.0 it is.
If I go Dodge again,....it'll be the Hemi Sport 4X4 regular cab, short bed. We'll see though. Still paying for the green machine.
Old 1/19/14, 11:47 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Had mine out for a drive - wasn't planning on it, but when I went out to get in my Mariner it was gone! I came an asked my wife if our son took it and she said that she didn't think he did, so called him on his cell. He had the car; she had told him she didn't want him driving her Lincoln anymore because he keeps running up the mileage and her lease is up in April. So he took the conversation to mean he had permission to take my car.

Since she had to go to Ann Arbor, and I had to go take care of some things today, and then an event in the evening about an hour away, I had to take the Mustang out of the garage for the first time since Thanksgiving I think. Snowing and blowing but no problems on the Nitto Motivo all season tires.
Old 1/19/14, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

If I go Dodge again,....it'll be the Hemi Sport 4X4 regular cab, short bed. We'll see though. Still paying for the green machine.
One of my fellow firefighters has a 2013 F150 Lariat with the EcoBoost V6. He raves about the power and the gas mileage.
Old 1/19/14, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I may go EcoBoost too, who knows?

I know "Magic Pete" can give me a killer tune for it ... get that thing running low 13's ... lol
Old 1/19/14, 04:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by DaGonz
One of my fellow firefighters has a 2013 F150 Lariat with the EcoBoost V6. He raves about the power and the gas mileage.
Thanks Ron.
Yes, V8 power out of a V6 with that V6 gas mileage. Twin turbo!

I may go EcoBoost too, who knows?
I know "Magic Pete" can give me a killer tune for it ... get that thing running low 13's ... lol
There ya go!
There are CRAZY tunes for the Ecoboost Gabe.
Old 1/20/14, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Got a ding in my door rubbed out. It was bugging the crap out of me. Took it to concours auto salon and it literally looks like a brand new door panel. Not a single wave or ripple or imperfection left. That guy is worth every penny. Next on the list: braided brake lines and Motul racing brake fluid.
Old 1/20/14, 02:36 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Fired up the green machine up today.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-617.jpg  
Old 1/20/14, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fired up the green machine up today.
Very nice
Old 1/20/14, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got his calipers painted. Thanks to Hadtohaveit'13 for the inspiration lol

What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-2031211281.jpg

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-195391131.jpg  
Old 1/20/14, 04:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by myponyandme
Very nice
Thank you.

Originally Posted by myponyandme
Got his calipers painted. Thanks to Hadtohaveit'13 for the inspiration lol
Looks good.
Old 1/20/14, 04:25 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Snow coming have to protect her from the elements!

What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-1425349743.jpg

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?