Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/13, 02:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gonna try to test fit one of these wheels and tires let's hope it all fits lol
That looks like godzilla
Old 12/14/13, 03:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Gonna try to test fit one of these wheels and tires let's hope it all fits lol
Let's hope so! lol
Old 12/14/13, 06:14 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by scramblerider5
Hope it fits that will look awesome
Originally Posted by CiniZter
That looks like godzilla
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Let's hope so! lol
Optical illusion… (thank God!)

Amazing how the view plays tricks on our eyes eh? I put it up next to it and it was fine.
Old 12/14/13, 06:15 PM
I Have No Life

Pardon the messy garage, and the in-garage pics. It was snowing and crappy out, so I didn't want to back her out onto the driveway. Also, in the winter, I'm just not in the mood to clean in amidst the cold, and all the salt/mud/crud the daily driver cars bring in. I hate winter.

Overall, I love the setup I chose. Am very happy. Wish I could drive her instead of waiting 4 more months.

It makes the stock brembos look not that appealing…

Let's start with the finished product

Series of close up of rears, to show stance and fit… love it.

Now the fronts… including stance, and how they clear the brembos

Then I took a shot with the flash… I liked the dark theme…

Old 12/14/13, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Pardon the messy garage, and the in-garage pics. It was snowing and crappy out, so I didn't want to back her out onto the driveway. Also, in the winter, I'm just not in the mood to clean in amidst the cold, and all the salt/mud/crud the daily driver cars bring in. I hate winter. Overall, I love the setup I chose. Am very happy. Wish I could drive her instead of waiting 4 more months. It makes the stock brembos look not that appealing… Let's start with the finished product Series of close up of rears, to show stance and fit… love it. Now the fronts… including stance, and how they clear the brembos Then I took a shot with the flash… I liked the dark theme…
Those look great!

Are they gonna run though?
Old 12/14/13, 10:08 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Azure
Those look great! Are they gonna run though?
Run? You mean rub? Negative. Should have no rubbing issues.
Old 12/14/13, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It makes the stock brembos look not that appealing…
I prefer the Brembos

Last edited by Skylar; 12/14/13 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12/14/13, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Run? You mean rub? Negative. Should have no rubbing issues.
Lol, yup I meant rub. Stupid autocorrect.

Awesome!
Old 12/14/13, 11:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
They look like some real rock slingers, better get some kind of mud flaps on that thing before it gets beat all to hell.
Old 12/15/13, 12:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
They look like some real rock slingers, better get some kind of mud flaps on that thing before it gets beat all to hell.
Having had those tires on mine, I can guarantee two things: they will throw rocks all over your car, and they won't get traction for ****. Terrible, terrible traction, even warmed up.
Old 12/15/13, 12:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Having had those tires on mine, I can guarantee two things: they will throw rocks all over your car, and they won't get traction for ****. Terrible, terrible traction, even warmed up.
I tell you what blows my mind, I've still got the stock F1:G2 tires on mine. They pick up 10 times more rocks and gravels when its cold outside than when its hot. Freaks me out, in the summer when its 95 degrees you don't hear ****, when its 50 degrees in the winter you can hear rocks slinging in the fender wells knocking like popcorn popping.

You'd think they would pick up more stuff when they're hot, but no, its exactly the opposite.

Driving it when its cold outside makes me cringe, you can hear rocks slinging everywhere.
Old 12/15/13, 12:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yeah, that car will be beat to **** on the plastic rocker panels and doors behind the front wheels, and the quarter panels on the back if he doesn't get some mudflaps of some kind on it.
Old 12/15/13, 12:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I tell you what blows my mind, I've still got the stock F1:G2 tires on mine. They pick up 10 times more rocks and gravels when its cold outside than when its hot. Freaks me out, in the summer when its 95 degrees you don't hear ****, when its 50 degrees in the winter you can hear rocks slinging in the fender wells knocking like popcorn popping.

You'd think they would pick up more stuff when they're hot, but no, its exactly the opposite.

Driving it when its cold outside makes me cringe, you can hear rocks slinging everywhere.
Yep. Same with those Nitto's. I spoke to the speed shop about three months ago about competition tires, and they said they won't touch the Nitto's except for the NT05 and the NT01. Said the 555R's were absolute crap. I of course was determined to prove them wrong and took the car out late one night when it was still decently warm; left all the nannies on, didn't make a **** bit of difference. That car got sideways every time I'd give it a little gas. I decided I'd do some brake stands, warm them up to operating temps...nada. Not a bit of difference. Went back to MVP, asked them what they'd recommend, they said the Toyo 888's or the NT01's (since I wanted to turn it into a road course car). Got the Toyo's put on, night-and-day difference. They GRIP, even below normal operating temps. Those 555R's made me feel like I was driving around on buttered bare rims.
Old 12/15/13, 01:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yep. Same with those Nitto's. I spoke to the speed shop about three months ago about competition tires, and they said they won't touch the Nitto's except for the NT05 and the NT01. Said the 555R's were absolute crap. I of course was determined to prove them wrong and took the car out late one night when it was still decently warm; left all the nannies on, didn't make a **** bit of difference. That car got sideways every time I'd give it a little gas. I decided I'd do some brake stands, warm them up to operating temps...nada. Not a bit of difference. Went back to MVP, asked them what they'd recommend, they said the Toyo 888's or the NT01's (since I wanted to turn it into a road course car). Got the Toyo's put on, night-and-day difference. They GRIP, even below normal operating temps. Those 555R's made me feel like I was driving around on buttered bare rims.
What about picking up rocks when its cold versus when its hot, that is what blows my mind about the F1:G2 tires. You'd think it would be just the opposite.
Old 12/15/13, 07:00 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Skylar
I prefer the Brembos
Yep, that's ok. Personal preference, no wrong answer. If anything, I won't have the same rims as 90% of other stock brembo 5.0s out there

Bring on the rocks! I thought my pics showed it, but I have flaps on all four corners plus clear bra on the panels. If there's anyone who worries (and would do something about it) about aesthetic and exterior paint, it's me. I figured you guys know me by now, lol. Guess not.

One thing's for sure: as long as they get more traction than the stock 255 wide pirellis, I'm HAPPY. . One would "assume" that would indeed be the case. If for some reason they don't, I guess I'll have to do more burnouts to get them bald sooner so I can get another pair of rear

Also, for the record, I don't/won't road course, track, drag strip/race my car, ever. So don't worry about "competition" events for me. I don't partake. So like I said, as long as they grip better than the stock pirellis, I'm a happy camper.

And all grip is not good either... I don't want to break things. I actually prefer some slip. I probably will be doing more rolling stomps than off the line. I don't want my drivetrain parts laying on the road.

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/15/13 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12/15/13, 01:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
What did I do with my Mustang today? Hung it on the tree, of course

Name:  P1050414_zps21f502ca.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  57.1 KB
Name:  P1050416_zps4db8939e.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  53.9 KB
Name:  P1050420_zps42a8e48d.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  106.4 KB
Old 12/15/13, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Drove it to work. Roads were mostly dry and I was having withdrawals. Its not like its never seen snow, so why not?
Lookin good!
Old 12/15/13, 02:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Hey Burton.
I think that looks great! Looks a lot better than I thought it would. Congrats and enjoy, of course when the nice weather returns.
She's going to look killer out in the sunlight after a detail job with the new shoes.
Old 12/15/13, 03:33 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Hey Burton. I think that looks great! Looks a lot better than I thought it would. Congrats and enjoy, of course when the nice weather returns. She's going to look killer out in the sunlight after a detail job with the new shoes.
Thanks tony. That is what I am waiting for. It's dangerous when it's been blisteringly cold for the last 3 weeks and it ain't even winter yet.

But yes I can't wait to drive her AND take stunning photos. It was too cold and damp yesterday for me to care about proper lighting, etc.... F that . Just snap and go....
Old 12/17/13, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulled the cover halfway off, and started it, the rumble in the garage was killing me, I wanted to drive it but I really don't want it to get dirty...

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?