Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/13, 08:58 PM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrnT

Is your car an autobot? Sweet black ride.
No it's a decepticon

Thank you
Old 9/12/13, 09:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 95cobraR
I did a test at Road Atlanta where it was very fast.
Now that's a Mustang!
Old 9/12/13, 09:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT

I love your stang.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers

No it's a decepticon

Thank you
Haha mine too
Old 9/13/13, 11:43 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Took it to our local Drift and Drag night. It was my first run in this car, first one driving stick down the track, first run at this track. It was horrible. And on my first run, I somehow popped my oil cap. So I didn't run the car again. Couldn't find it either. Luckily I always keep sound deadener in my cars (my form of duct tape) and sealed it up for the drive home. I won't even post my time haha. I spun through first and second and had terrible wheel hop from launching so high.

That being said, the car is set up for road courses and was on street tires. I'll get a new oil cap and be back out there in a couple weeks.

At the drift event, there was a freaking brand new 13 Boss 302 LS there! And he was killing it! Wish I could upload videos here...

The 69 Camaro was gorgeous, and he was a really nice guy too. It was his first time out in that car, super clean. Said it took him 10 years to build in his own garage. There were a few 240s with 5.0 swaps. And at least I was able to drive home - the dweeb in the BRZ (license plate BRZSWAG) and the guys in the 240 (who lost their LF wheel, twice!) weren't so lucky.
Very cool sir.
Old 9/13/13, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Took mine in to the dealer I bought it from for them to replace the front lower control arm bushings, They would squeak when I went over speed bumps which was extremely annoying. I then had the pleasure of stopping by Lamotta Performance in Casselberry fl and talked with AJ who is a super nice guy and really seems to know his stuff. Then on my way home I had to school some little punk in a brand new Honda civic SI. that was pretty funny how badly he got spanked. All in all, a great day.
Old 9/13/13, 04:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DinoDoc
Then on my way home I had to school some little punk in a brand new Honda civic SI. that was pretty funny how badly he got spanked. All in all, a great day.
You're going to get in a lot of trouble with talk like this.....TMS doesn't condone street racing. Just FYI.
Old 9/13/13, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

Took mine for a quick evening drive in the country...and had to avoid three deer along the way...yikes.
Old 9/13/13, 05:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueApolloIV
Took mine for a quick evening drive in the country...and had to avoid three deer along the way...yikes.
Deer and bear hunting season starts here tomorrow. Time to thin those bastards out.
Old 9/13/13, 05:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Deer and bear hunting season starts here tomorrow. Time to thin those bastards out.
I fully support that! Go get them!
Old 9/13/13, 11:02 PM
GT Member

Installed my MGW shifter.
Old 9/14/13, 05:13 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by pcanno167
Installed my MGW shifter.
Awesome!!! Details of install? First impressions??? And of course pics! Welcome to the MGW family
Old 9/14/13, 07:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Awesome!!! Details of install? First impressions??? And of course pics! Welcome to the MGW family
The install went pretty well. I had problems maneuvering because I try to avoid readdressing the jack stands which was a 'Biscuit' to do on the low sitting car. After I made the adjustments things started to go pretty smoothly. I would say that putting the bolts in underneath peas the most annoying. With the new shift boot the task was not that bad. Thank goodness my teen son was their to help -I thought I my boot was good but he was on the bottom telling me otherwise.

It is more than just putting the boot over the black block to the left; you have to also emplacement it over the inner lip and en the outer edges ( with the seal reflecting on bottom of the car.

The really appreciate MGW's service. Ji must have called Julie 5-6 times and she was a patient as the first call. I asked for a version of the install on CD because I thought I was going to go. To a garage with no Internet to install the shifter..... About mid way thought the install at home I noticed that the CD was provided! Great service.

If you can change a tire; you can install the MGW. Besides the drill and drill bit, you need everything Tool that is listed.

I don't want to provide details on how well it work until I brake her in.. I will tell you that I have to re-learn how to shift the gears - but its not a bad thing.

Pictures will come in the next 24.

zto5 the basic install details were more for those who are considering buying a MGW shifter.

Glad to be an MGW owner!
Old 9/14/13, 08:41 AM
I Have No Life

The install went pretty well. I had problems maneuvering because I try to avoid readdressing the jack stands which was a 'Biscuit' to do on the low sitting car. After I made the adjustments things started to go pretty smoothly. I would say that putting the bolts in underneath peas the most annoying. With the new shift boot the task was not that bad. Thank goodness my teen son was their to help -I thought I my boot was good but he was on the bottom telling me otherwise.

It is more than just putting the boot over the black block to the left; you have to also emplacement it over the inner lip and en the outer edges ( with the seal reflecting on bottom of the car.

The really appreciate MGW's service. Ji must have called Julie 5-6 times and she was a patient as the first call. I asked for a version of the install on CD because I thought I was going to go. To a garage with no Internet to install the shifter..... About mid way thought the install at home I noticed that the CD was provided! Great service.

If you can change a tire; you can install the MGW. Besides the drill and drill bit, you need everything Tool that is listed.

I don't want to provide details on how well it work until I brake her in.. I will tell you that I have to re-learn how to shift the gears - but its not a bad thing.

Pictures will come in the next 24.

zto5 the basic install details were more for those who are considering buying a MGW shifter.

Glad to be an MGW owner!
Sounds great Pcanno... Glad you got it installed. You will love it even more the more you drive it. I have 6400 miles on her now. It's like buttahhhh everyday.
Old 9/14/13, 08:42 AM
I Have No Life

Plans for me today:

Drove to gym for my chest workout... let my Borlas sing at 6 am this morning. Priceless. Got home, detailed her with FK425 and Vic Red. Son and I getting ready for a mustang only show at 10 am. I'm stoked. Leaving shortly.
Old 9/14/13, 08:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DinoDoc
Took mine in to the dealer I bought it from for them to replace the front lower control arm bushings, They would squeak when I went over speed bumps which was extremely annoying. I then had the pleasure of stopping by Lamotta Performance in Casselberry fl and talked with AJ who is a super nice guy and really seems to know his stuff. Then on my way home I had to school some little punk in a brand new Honda civic SI. that was pretty funny how badly he got spanked. All in all, a great day.
I think I need to get mine replaced. It started squeezing recently
Old 9/14/13, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Getting new tires on the back.
Old 9/14/13, 11:42 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

I think I need to get mine replaced. It started squeezing recently
Already!!!!?????? Don't you have a 13???
Old 9/14/13, 04:01 PM
I Have No Life

Went to a mustang show at our local dealership... lots of eye candy there. Including a couple new shelbies on the showroom floor. Marilyn was glad to have friends

btw, I love that burgundy metallic 67... beauty.

Old 9/14/13, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Sounds great Pcanno... Glad you got it installed. You will love it even more the more you drive it. I have 6400 miles on her now. It's like buttahhhh everyday.
Thanks Zto5, I see what you mean... If I could sum it up in one word after my drive today it would be - confidence!

I my so who I just started teaching to drive off and on over the past two months, drove it home after practicing for a hour - he have not driven the car since last the end of July. Today it seemed to click. It was my first time putting him on a real road in a manual shifter. accept for him shutting it off a couple times at the Stop sign, he did very well. Though I a not keen on him taking it out by himself EVER, I will be comfortable with him driving me around.
Old 9/14/13, 06:58 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks Zto5, I see what you mean... If I could sum it up in one word after my drive today it would be - confidence!

I my so who I just started teaching to drive off and on over the past two months, drove it home after practicing for a hour - he have not driven the car since last the end of July. Today it seemed to click. It was my first time putting him on a real road in a manual shifter. accept for him shutting it off a couple times at the Stop sign, he did very well. Though I a not keen on him taking it out by himself EVER, I will be comfortable with him driving me around.
You are a brave man sir! For me, no one drives it but me

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?