Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

My 2019 Shadow Black Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/19, 07:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Well, the car is pretty badass right out of the box.
The following 2 users liked this post by SpectreH:
m05fastbackGT (8/17/19), Stage_3 (8/15/19)
Old 8/14/19, 10:22 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,089 Likes on 789 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Here we go again.
6 years of threads/discussion of which exhaust/other mods you're gonna do to the new '19, and in the end it's gonna get traded-in someplace, completely STOCK.

Do you still have that MGW shifter you bought for your '13 Roush that you never had installed?
You are probably right there Gabe.

Originally Posted by SpectreH
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (8/15/19)
Old 8/15/19, 03:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Here we go again.
6 years of threads/discussion of which exhaust/other mods you're gonna do to the new '19, and in the end it's gonna get traded-in someplace, completely STOCK.

Do you still have that MGW shifter you bought for your '13 Roush that you never had installed?
HA HAAAAAAAA
I think I'm going to put that shifter up for sale. Wanna buy it?!? (WAY better than the Barton, well that's what polls said in the past anyways, so I'll go with that, Ya know??) I'll sell it to you for $300. It's $500 brand new.

Originally Posted by SpectreH
That it is my friend. That it is.
Car is pretty **** awesome. And fast! lol
Old 8/16/19, 05:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Took her out after supper for a little cruise.
Racking up the miles. lol

m05fastbackGT (8/17/19)
Old 8/16/19, 09:26 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Looking good Tony!
Stage_3 (8/17/19)
Old 8/17/19, 11:55 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Looking good Tony!
Thanks my brother.
Old 8/17/19, 01:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
And to think, up until a few months ago you still hated the '15+ body style .... LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by Gabe:
m05fastbackGT (8/17/19), Stage_3 (8/17/19)
Old 8/17/19, 02:31 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,629 Posts
Tony, congrats on the new "19" Roush stage 3, as she's absolutely stunning. I also totally agree about you're new stage 3 being a real badass right out of the box. Other than perhaps adding LT headers, I'd leave the rest completely bone stock. On a lighter note, I bet those 142 miles you've put on so far are more than you put on you're now previous "13" GHIG stage 3 Roush in over a year

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/17/19 at 02:39 PM.
Stage_3 (8/17/19)
Old 8/17/19, 04:23 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

And to think, up until a few months ago you still hated the '15+ body style .... LOL
LOL True story.
I was thinking about that the other day. I actually really love the looks now. My buddy's car got me into the S550 body styling.
And that interior! So nice.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Tony, congrats on the new "19" Roush stage 3, as she's absolutely stunning. I also totally agree about you're new stage 3 being a real badass right out of the box. Other than perhaps adding LT headers, I'd leave the rest completely bone stock. On a lighter note, I bet those 142 miles you've put on so far are more than you put on you're now previous "13" GHIG stage 3 Roush in over a year
'
LMFAO
Thanks my brother. I am not going to add headers. I am definitely adding a catback though. Just have to put some more miles on her first. lol
m05fastbackGT (8/17/19)
Old 8/17/19, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
LOL True story.
I was thinking about that the other day. I actually really love the looks now. My buddy's car got me into the S550 body styling.
And that interior! So nice.

'
LMFAO
Thanks my brother. I am not going to add headers. I am definitely adding a catback though. Just have to put some more miles on her first. lol
Go either Borla S-type or Borla ATAK for catback exhaust, Tony. As Borla redesigned their entire exhaust system line-up back in 2011 when the Coyote 5.0 was first introduced. Since the redesign, all their exhaust systems have zero drone and sound real badass. If only Borla had included the redesign for the older 2005-10 4.6L 3 valve line-up? those of us who still have their 2005-10 3valves, wouldn't have all the resonance droning issues prior to 2011. On that note, get out there and put some more miles on that awesome new machine of yours lol.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/17/19 at 05:15 PM.
Old 8/17/19, 06:29 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Go either Borla S-type or Borla ATAK for catback exhaust, Tony. As Borla redesigned their entire exhaust system line-up back in 2011 when the Coyote 5.0 was first introduced. Since the redesign, all their exhaust systems have zero drone and sound real badass. If only Borla had included the redesign for the older 2005-10 4.6L 3 valve line-up? those of us who still have their 2005-10 3valves, wouldn't have all the resonance droning issues prior to 2011. On that note, get out there and put some more miles on that awesome new machine of yours lol.
Thanks for the heads up Rocky.

The one I am looking at has no drone as well. All made/assembled in this great Country,(hand tig welded), and is made of all 304 stainless steel 3" tubing.
And the best part?!?!,...........getting it for over 45 bucks off and no shipping.
If for some strange reason I cannot get that system because it won't fit, (which I don't think will be the case), the Corsa Extreme is my second choice.
m05fastbackGT (8/17/19)
Old 8/17/19, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up Rocky.

The one I am looking at has no drone as well. All made/assembled in this great Country,(hand tig welded), and is made of all 304 stainless steel 3" tubing.
And the best part?!?!,...........getting it for over 45 bucks off and no shipping.
If for some strange reason I cannot get that system because it won't fit, (which I don't think will be the case), the Corsa Extreme is my second choice.
You definitely cannot go wrong with any system made from all 304 grade stainless steel 3" tubing that's assembled/tig welded right here in the good "ole" U.S.A. Personally I see no reason as to why it wouldn't fit if the exhaust system your looking at is designed specifically for your particular model, Tony. However if for some reason it doesn't fit? then the Corsa Extreme would be an excellent second choice for sure, followed by Borla, Ford Performance and also from Solo Performance Exhaust lol.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/17/19 at 08:34 PM.
Stage_3 (8/18/19)
Old 8/18/19, 09:20 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

You definitely cannot go wrong with any system made from all 304 grade stainless steel 3" tubing that's assembled/tig welded right here in the good "ole" U.S.A. Personally I see no reason as to why it wouldn't fit if the exhaust system your looking at is designed specifically for your particular model, Tony. However if for some reason it doesn't fit? then the Corsa Extreme would be an excellent second choice for sure, followed by Borla, Ford Performance and also from Solo Performance Exhaust lol.
Definitely my brother. I'm pretty sure it's good to go. All the brands you have mentioned are awesome as well.
I can't wait to hear all the pops and gargles with the new exhaust. I can barely hear them with the current exhaust, but it's still new and I think more miles will wake it up a bit.
I forgot to mention I am going with the X pipe as opposed to the H pipe.
Old 8/18/19, 12:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Took her out this afternoon. Filled her up with Mobil 93 octane.
Almost 200 miles on the clock now.

Last edited by Stage_3; 8/18/19 at 12:55 PM. Reason: text
m05fastbackGT (8/18/19)
Old 8/18/19, 02:45 PM

Definitely my brother. I'm pretty sure it's good to go. All the brands you have mentioned are awesome as well.
I can't wait to hear all the pops and gargles with the new exhaust. I can barely hear them with the current exhaust, but it's still new and I think more miles will wake it up a bit.
I forgot to mention I am going with the X pipe as opposed to the H pipe.
Tony, I'm actually shocked that you're factory Roush exhaust is so quiet? you would think their factory exhaust systems would be just as loud and provide all those gurgles and pops as their aftermarket systems available from their website and from vendors such as AM and C.J Pony Parts Perhaps it's just as you said, they just need more miles to fully break in before they actually come to life? But I'm sure that once you switch out the H-pipe for the X-pipe, you should also notice a louder/raspier exhaust note as well. Btw: you didn't mention as to which brand your new exhaust is coming from, hint-hint lol.

Took her out this afternoon. Filled her up with Mobil 93 octane.
Almost 200 miles on the clock now.

Way to go, Tony. Looking real good

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/18/19 at 02:48 PM.
Stage_3 (8/18/19)
Old 8/18/19, 03:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Tony, I'm actually shocked that you're factory Roush exhaust is so quiet? you would think their factory exhaust systems would be just as loud and provide all those gurgles and pops as their aftermarket systems available from their website and from vendors such as AM and C.J Pony Parts Perhaps it's just as you said, they just need more miles to fully break in before they actually come to life? But I'm sure that once you switch out the H-pipe for the X-pipe, you should also notice a louder/raspier exhaust note as well. Btw: you didn't mention as to which brand your new exhaust is coming from, hint-hint lol.
Way to go, Tony. Looking real good
I'm kinda shocked about the exhaust as well. It's not super quiet, but it's nothing compared to my '13 GHIG exhaust. Those were installed POST TITLE.
I think that Roush tries to get people to pay extra for the active exhaust system. For me, it would be a waste as I would never leave it in quiet or sport mode. I would just leave it in Track mode full time. lol (I think it's a $3,000 option or close to it. Not worth it to me for reason just stated.) Don't get me wrong, the car gets stupid loud when you step on it and from 1st till about 3rd gear, its pretty loud. But, it seems to get a bit louder the more I drive it and put miles on it.
The catback is a secret, for now. lol It's a brand name that people know though, but not many people use, which is weird because of being made in the Greatest Country on the planet, hand welded and killer sounds. They have an option to go with the H pipe or X pipe, but I want the X pipe. I like that sound and plus, it flows better.

Thanks for the kind words my man. I'm loving the car the more I look at it and drive it. It does get thirsty though. No wonder there's a $2,100 gas guzzler tax built into the sticker! Now I know why the new GT500 has a $2,400 gas guzzler tax built into the sticker.
m05fastbackGT (8/18/19)
Old 8/18/19, 03:48 PM

As far as I'm concerned Tony, Ford can keep their 2020 GT500. My reason, by the time stealerships add their ADM markups, you're going to be looking at over 100k plus for a Shelby that doesn't even offer an optional 6 speed manual transmission. Say what you will about the all new automated manual DCT being able to shift up to 80 milliseconds over a traditional 6 speed manual. However I much prefer the fun factor enjoyment of rowing through my own gears rather than just press a paddle shifter button anyday lol. At any rate, my brother, If I were in the market for either a new Mustang or Shelby variant, I'd take the current GT350 over the upcoming 2020 GT500 hands down
Stage_3 (8/19/19)
Old 8/19/19, 12:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

As far as I'm concerned Tony, Ford can keep their 2020 GT500. My reason, by the time stealerships add their ADM markups, you're going to be looking at over 100k plus for a Shelby that doesn't even offer an optional 6 speed manual transmission. Say what you will about the all new automated manual DCT being able to shift up to 80 milliseconds over a traditional 6 speed manual. However I much prefer the fun factor enjoyment of rowing through my own gears rather than just press a paddle shifter button anyday lol. At any rate, my brother, If I were in the market for either a new Mustang or Shelby variant, I'd take the current GT350 over the upcoming 2020 GT500 hands down
LOL
I'm in the opposite boat. I really wanted a 2020 GT500 and that's what I had my heart set on, but the very, very stupid allocation game Ford plays with these cars are DUMB and like you said with the ADM's,........it'll be out of reach for me and a lot of people actually.
One of my friends has one on order, so I'll live vicariously through him. lol I can't wait too see it in person.
m05fastbackGT (8/19/19)
Old 8/19/19, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
can you imagine how much fun that car would be on a road track?

you have two within about one hour drive . . . . ;-)
Old 8/19/19, 04:13 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Bert
can you imagine how much fun that car would be on a road track?
you have two within about one hour drive . . . . ;-)
It would be a BLAST!!! This car handles really well. The one/off ramps and I am leaving people in the dust.
Roush level 1 coilover system.

Quick Reply: My 2019 Shadow Black Roush Stage 3