Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

My 2019 Shadow Black Roush Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/19, 09:52 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
**** it up I'm ok with that!
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old 10/12/19, 03:14 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I never saw that video. I'll have to watch it tonight.
That looks like a lower level RS3??? Not sure because it doesn't have the front splitter. Maybe it is, but looks weird to me for some reason?

***Edit, after reading the description in the video, it is not like my car.
There are things that are missing on that car that my car has, and actually all RS3 cars have. I think that's a car that the dealership put together with Roush??
So a promo car exclusive to drive the price down. I thought that was a pretty good price for a full "blown" RS3... Actually it is not a whole lot more than I have in my RS2 that is coming up on 6 years old. Now that I look at it again it does not even say Roush on the backend.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/12/19 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10/12/19, 04:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
So a promo car exclusive to drive the price down. I thought that was a pretty good price for a full "blown" RS3... Actually it is not a whole lot more than I have in my RS2 that is coming up on 6 years old. Now that I look at it again it does not even say Roush on the backend.
Yeah, it is missing a lot of stuff that my car comes standard with. But, that's an affordable car for most with a Roush 2650 supercharger, so it isn't so bad. I'm not crapping on it, just pointing out that it doesn't look an authentic Roush car to me. Maybe it is,...who knows? lol
Are you enjoying your car? Almost time to put them away for 4 months or so. I absolutely HATE it!
Old 10/13/19, 01:56 AM

Yeah, it is missing a lot of stuff that my car comes standard with. But, that's an affordable car for most with a Roush 2650 supercharger, so it isn't so bad. I'm not crapping on it, just pointing out that it doesn't look an authentic Roush car to me. Maybe it is,...who knows? lol
Are you enjoying your car? Almost time to put them away for 4 months or so. I absolutely HATE it!
Yup, still loving my car. Been a strange year and have only put about 1800 miles on it so far and I even broke it out early March. Just cracked 20k miles about a week or so back. Not sure if I will make it to 2000 miles driven this year. Looks like the snow will fly early out here. Already had three days in a row last week with low temps around 24° and snow in the nearby mountains. Supposed to warm up next week so we will see if it is good enough to put a few miles on the beast. I an expecting to put it away before Halloween, but not wanting to. That is two or three weeks early. Hope the weather changes, but not counting on it. That starts the long 4-5 months of looking at it in the garage under the cover.

Been toying with a different ride, but just don't want to give up mine for the low $$$ that it will bring, still like new. Be trying to talk the wife into a 2nd toy, but not making it too far with that. Did find a perfect 2013 GT500 loaded with 4300 miles on it last fall and should have bought it for $47k. Also found a new local 2019 GT350 just the way I would have ordered, but with a huge ADM. I think they had it around $74k, ouch. They said they would deal, but not enough for me. I will stay away from a new one next time, not paying that ADM. There are just too many low mileage gems that keep popping up with a nice drop in the book value. I will be patient and find a good fit for me when the time is right.

Hope you are enjoying your new beast! Awesome and evil looking ride. Sure you can feel that power difference. Makes me drool, and want one.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/13/19 at 01:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (10/13/19)
Old 10/13/19, 07:01 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Same here I haven't even driven mine 1,000 miles this year and I broke her out early as well. I've only got 21k on her and every year I drive her less and less. I know that it was a very wet year for us here in PA so that affected my driving.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
m05fastbackGT (10/13/19), shaneyusa (10/13/19), Stage_3 (10/13/19)
Old 10/13/19, 08:45 AM

Same here I haven't even driven mine 1,000 miles this year and I broke her out early as well. I've only got 21k on her and every year I drive her less and less. I know that it was a very wet year for us here in PA so that affected my driving.
Even though I drive it less each year like you I am still very glad I bought her. I just Love, Love, Love the car and look forward to every chance I get to drive her. I do think maybe Tony is rubbing off on me though... Don't want to put too many miles on her.

Yet I still get that excitement every time I look at the beauty in the garage or take a look back as I walk away in a parking lot. Still turn back every time. I am amazed how fantastic the car looks. All polished, and shined up, just can't take my eyes off her. A beautiful work of art. Ford did a great job with the design of these cars. Just can't take my eyes off her. Wife is getting jealous, (not really, but says she is). Just can't wait to take it out and show her off. Love it when I fire that beast up and pull out on the road. The rumble, the pop and crackle. Not like any car I have owned before. Yes I love good looking cars, but even my old '67 was not this thrilling.

Like I mentioned I would love to build my stable and get a couple more. But just not sure the next ones will be as meaningful as this one.

Nice to dream, but probably not likely...

Guess the best thing I can say is I did the same thing with a couple of Sea-Doo's several years ago. Bought them and loved using them. Slowly used them less and less. Only difference when it came time to let them go I was glad to get rid of them. Do miss them, but would never want them or a set of new ones again. It is just the opposite here, but I do need to find more time to drive and enjoy it.

So as I write this I am just wondering Tony, do you miss the Green Machine? Or has the Black Shadow stepped in and taken her place?

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/13/19 at 01:49 PM.
Stage_3 (10/13/19)
Old 10/13/19, 01:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yup, still loving my car. Been a strange year and have only put about 1800 miles on it so far and I even broke it out early March. Just cracked 20k miles about a week or so back. Not sure if I will make it to 2000 miles driven this year. Looks like the snow will fly early out here. Already had three days in a row last week with low temps around 24° and snow in the nearby mountains. Supposed to warm up next week so we will see if it is good enough to put a few miles on the beast. I an expecting to put it away before Halloween, but not wanting to. That is two or three weeks early. Hope the weather changes, but not counting on it. That starts the long 4-5 months of looking at it in the garage under the cover.

Been toying with a different ride, but just don't want to give up mine for the low $$$ that it will bring, still like new. Be trying to talk the wife into a 2nd toy, but not making it too far with that. Did find a perfect 2013 GT500 loaded with 4300 miles on it last fall and should have bought it for $47k. Also found a new local 2019 GT350 just the way I would have ordered, but with a huge ADM. I think they had it around $74k, ouch. They said they would deal, but not enough for me. I will stay away from a new one next time, not paying that ADM. There are just too many low mileage gems that keep popping up with a nice drop in the book value. I will be patient and find a good fit for me when the time is right.

Hope you are enjoying your new beast! Awesome and evil looking ride. Sure you can feel that power difference. Makes me drool, and want one.
That's awesome brother. Enjoy it while you can.
Don't sweat about getting a new one. You'll know in your gut if that's the car for you.
For 74K,...you're better off getting a RS3 than the GT350, that's just my opinion though. I DO LOVE the GT350R cars, but they need more power, from what I hear. They handle like nobody's business though. lol
Good luck brother. Hopefully the winter isn't a ***** this year.
shaneyusa (10/13/19)
Old 10/13/19, 01:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Cleaned her up for 2 hours yesterday.
Took her out earlier today. Awesome!

The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
m05fastbackGT (10/13/19), shaneyusa (10/13/19)
Old 10/13/19, 02:41 PM

So as I write this I am just wondering Tony, do you miss the Green Machine? Or has the Black Shadow stepped in and taken her place?
Not sure if you saw this in the mass post but....
Old 10/13/19, 03:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Not sure if you saw this in the mass post but....
My bad brother!!! I totally missed that.

Yes, I kinda do miss the 2013 car. I loved the looks of that car, especially with the GHIG exterior and interior touches.

I really, really do LOVE my new car. It's a lot more refined than the 2013. But, it can get down and boogie for sure. If you get the chance to drive a S550 Mustang with the drive modes, I suggest you do that. It's pretty glorious! lol Plus, that digital dash is so, so nice.
I drive mine in SPORT+ mode with traction control off and steering in NORMAL mode. The shifts in my car with these modes are sharp and vicious. lol In NORMAL mode, it's not like that. It's more refined and still shifts very fast.
I still haven't dabbed into the DRAG or TRACK modes yet.
Old 10/13/19, 04:15 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Same here in southwestern, PA. Very wet year that also affected my driving as well
Old 10/13/19, 06:38 PM

My bad brother!!! I totally missed that.

Yes, I kinda do miss the 2013 car. I loved the looks of that car, especially with the GHIG exterior and interior touches.

I really, really do LOVE my new car. It's a lot more refined than the 2013. But, it can get down and boogie for sure. If you get the chance to drive a S550 Mustang with the drive modes, I suggest you do that. It's pretty glorious! lol Plus, that digital dash is so, so nice.
I drive mine in SPORT+ mode with traction control off and steering in NORMAL mode. The shifts in my car with these modes are sharp and vicious. lol In NORMAL mode, it's not like that. It's more refined and still shifts very fast.
I still haven't dabbed into the DRAG or TRACK modes yet.
I too love the looks of the S197. Guess I need to take a test drive of an S550. Haven't done that because I figured it is an automatic step to a car swap.

So is the Black Shadow a 10 speed automatic? The Green Machine was a manual, right?
Stage_3 (10/14/19)
Old 10/14/19, 02:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I too love the looks of the S197. Guess I need to take a test drive of an S550. Haven't done that because I figured it is an automatic step to a car swap.
So is the Black Shadow a 10 speed automatic? The Green Machine was a manual, right?
Trust me brother,.......if you test drive a 10 speed automatic with the drive modes and digital dash and drive it in SPORT+ mode with traction control off, steering on NORMAL,..........................YOU WILL BE COMING HOME WITH A NEW CAR!!!! lol
It is that much fun brother. Awesome. And,....you still have the paddles if you want to mess around.

My new Roush is a 10 speed automatic. My GHIG Roush was a 6 speed manual.
Fawls (10/20/19), shaneyusa (10/14/19)
Old 10/14/19, 02:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Also taken yesterday,...............

m05fastbackGT (10/15/19), shaneyusa (10/14/19)
Old 10/14/19, 07:26 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

So what do your coworkers think of your new ride Tony?
Stage_3 (10/15/19)
Old 10/15/19, 02:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

So what do your coworkers think of your new ride Tony?
My coworkers LOVE it!!!!
They've never seen in it person, except for my buddy with the Mustang in the photos in this thread. (The black convertible ecoboost.) I show them photos on my phone.
I'll never bring her to work though. lol
Old 10/15/19, 02:59 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Don't trust your coworkers or horrible parking?
Stage_3 (10/16/19)
Old 10/16/19, 02:12 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Don't trust your coworkers or horrible parking?
I don't trust anyone and the parking isn't really horrible, but you know what happens when "accidents" happen. I'd rather just avoid them all together.

***That's mostly the reason why I take my car out on weekends mornings about 9am or so. Not many people on the roads and I love that time of day.
Old 10/16/19, 03:33 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

I don't trust anyone and the parking isn't really horrible, but you know what happens when "accidents" happen. I'd rather just avoid them all together.

***That's mostly the reason why I take my car out on weekends mornings about 9am or so. Not many people on the roads and I love that time of day.
Well I bought mine to drive and yeah I understand completely. I still don't drive it near as much as I want to. My old employer had a huge parking lot that I could safely park and not worry about it. But my current employer is reconfiguring our parking lot this weekend by shortening the width of our spots by 6" to add more spots! This is no bueno!!!
Stage_3 (10/16/19)
Old 10/16/19, 05:26 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Well I bought mine to drive and yeah I understand completely. I still don't drive it near as much as I want to. My old employer had a huge parking lot that I could safely park and not worry about it. But my current employer is reconfiguring our parking lot this weekend by shortening the width of our spots by 6" to add more spots! This is no bueno!!!
Mannnnn,.....that's gotta suck!!! lol
Are you still going to drive to her after the parking lot changes?

Quick Reply: My 2019 Shadow Black Roush Stage 3