Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/17, 01:35 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Not to mention what might have been crawling on the floors or in the mattress itself! Been in a few of those rooms myself over the years... But we're still alive and kicking what a funny story!
Old 8/25/17, 07:35 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
FML pretty much sums it up
Stay safe down there! Hope you have the generators ready. Our electric was out for about 5 days during a hurricane. Everything in my house is electric and on a well, so luckily we at least had the camper where we still had a/c and a working potty and shower.
Old 8/25/17, 08:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
You were brave, that place looks nasty. I agree with Rather B Blown, I would have slept in my car.
Problem with the car was no running water (plus nobody would call me brave). And without a sink I didn't want to spit toothpaste all over my dash. Now neither room nor car had working toilets but I didn't mind pissing on the floor in the motel bathroom; but in the car, I would have to clean that up when I got home.

j/k about the room not having a toilet.
Old 8/25/17, 11:48 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Gary if you own a boat, unstrap it from the trailer and tie a long rope to something secure. Quite a few people here did not do that and were stranded. Hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 8/25/17, 02:45 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I bugged out of town late last night. Took everything inside and secured the house and took back roads up north and made good time compared to some people stuck in traffic for hours and hours.
Old 8/25/17, 03:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
I bugged out of town late last night. Took everything inside and secured the house and took back roads up north and made good time compared to some people stuck in traffic for hours and hours.
Good luck man!
Hoping for the best for all those in the path of the hurricane. Stay safe!
Old 8/25/17, 06:05 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Good luck man!
Hoping for the best for all those in the path of the hurricane. Stay safe!
X2!!!
Old 8/25/17, 07:03 PM
Post *****

For anyone that doesn't know me that well I live in Victoria. I call it Hicktoria from time to time but that's my hometown about to get royally ****ed in the ***. Born in Victoria. Lived in Rockport and Corpus too. So everything I've ever lived in and all my old friends and current friends and of course extended family all live in same area. No idea what's happening really. Just what my wife sees on Facebook. My 78 year old healthy as an ox father wouldn't leave and my brother and his wife stayed too so I guess thy made it easier for me to leave.

It's so weird. All these places these guys are standing at on the weather channel are all places I've stood at before.

My brother in law is riding it out with his teenage son a stones throw from the bay in Corpus.

It sucks being away but I made my wife leave late last night because we have 4 kids who still live with us at home and I remember what it's like without power and everything that goes with it from a couple of times I've been through them and those were smaller. I just pray that it passes quicker than what they are saying. I pray that it moves on and dissipates.

I also remember the people who tried to leave to late last time and were stranded on the highway or side of the road because they ran out of gas. It's just bad. I hate not being there but glad I'm not there.
Old 8/25/17, 10:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
For anyone that doesn't know me that well I live in Victoria. I call it Hicktoria from time to time but that's my hometown about to get royally ****ed in the ***. Born in Victoria. Lived in Rockport and Corpus too. So everything I've ever lived in and all my old friends and current friends and of course extended family all live in same area. No idea what's happening really. Just what my wife sees on Facebook. My 78 year old healthy as an ox father wouldn't leave and my brother and his wife stayed too so I guess thy made it easier for me to leave.

It's so weird. All these places these guys are standing at on the weather channel are all places I've stood at before.

My brother in law is riding it out with his teenage son a stones throw from the bay in Corpus.

It sucks being away but I made my wife leave late last night because we have 4 kids who still live with us at home and I remember what it's like without power and everything that goes with it from a couple of times I've been through them and those were smaller. I just pray that it passes quicker than what they are saying. I pray that it moves on and dissipates.

I also remember the people who tried to leave to late last time and were stranded on the highway or side of the road because they ran out of gas. It's just bad. I hate not being there but glad I'm not there.
So glad you and the family got out. I've been worried about you guys all day. Been watching the movement of it and looking at maps. Seeing the stuff around Lavaca Bay, I knew it was going to be bad for you. Praying for you guys and your family and neighbors. God I hope it breaks up and they're wrong about what it does over the next few days.
Old 8/25/17, 10:28 PM
Post *****

I've already heard that my old High School in Rockport is completely destroyed. They got the brunt of the western eye wall and it ripped the roof off the high school and that was it. They are inside the eye right now. That's low lying country there. Whole peninsula barely above sea level.

Its about 60 miles due south from my house.
Old 8/25/17, 10:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've already heard that my old High School in Rockport is completely destroyed. They got the brunt of the western eye wall and it ripped the roof off the high school and that was it. They are inside the eye right now. That's low lying country there. Whole peninsula barely above sea level.

Its about 60 miles due south from my house.
Yeah, that's kind of like Katrina. Everyone focused on NOLA because of the media focus and the levee break. Don't get me wrong, it was bad there because of the flooding from the levee breaks, but they just looked over where some of the most violent **** happened, on the right side of the storm in MS and Al. where my family lives. The Ms coast was obliterated, blown to pieces, hell I was down there years later and it still looked like a war zone in the middle east. Huge hotels and highrise condos that used to be there were nothing but flat concrete slabs.
Old 8/26/17, 01:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear you got out. That thing looks nasty from the reports up here, and it won't move out until Thursday? Yikes!
Old 8/26/17, 03:45 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I know how you feel man. We hauled *** for Katrina and it was only because of possible wind damage. No point in riding those things out unless you absolutely have to. Hope your place manages ok thru this. Good thing is at least all the affected areas will drain quickly once it moves away. We also just went thru a major flood about a year ago. It sucks for sure but most of it all comes back eventually. You're about to get really busy when you get back home though. Gonna be some serious rebuilding when everyone gets home. Hang in there man.
Old 8/26/17, 06:46 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I'm glad you got out, Gary. Better safe than sorry. I've been thinking of you and your family while watching the news.
Old 8/26/17, 08:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm glad you and your family are safe Gary. I was worried about y'all.
Old 8/26/17, 09:09 AM
Post *****

My mom said just now that they are fine. Lots of limbs down and a tree. No leaks in house. But she said it just won't let up. The wind and rain has been bad all night and it's just as intense now as it was then. She's been through hurricanes before and they never just went on and on like this.
Old 8/26/17, 10:58 AM
Post *****

Been talking to my dad and mother and brother
Right now my house and their houses are fine
I've got some fence down and my back pasture full of water but not high water
Tree was down blocking the street at one end but he was able to go around the other street
Lots of limbs everywhere
Everything draining the way it should so far
Just no power and lots of limbs everywhere

So now my main problem is the storm I headed where I am late next week and will be blocking me getting home because of Bridge and road flooding between here and there. Might have to go a long way around out west.
Old 8/27/17, 10:42 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Holy crap all that rain around Houston!
Old 8/27/17, 12:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I've been watching it all on the news and weather channel. That's a lot of rain!
Old 8/27/17, 04:46 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

It's hard not to watch all of the images being reported on the news. Just unimaginable..... aren't Steffers and Patrick both in the Houston area? If so, hope all is well with them!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast