Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/15, 12:36 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/15/15 at 02:27 PM.
Old 8/15/15, 01:18 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Duane Allman is the baddest **** to ever pick up a guitar, he made sounds that didn't even exist on the frets.
Old 8/15/15, 06:19 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
rub it in ma'am... rub it in

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Yeah, baby, I've been loving you too long.

Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long - YouTube
I love me some Otis!

Happy Birthday Big Dave!
Old 8/15/15, 02:30 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Anybody seen these minature Walmarts? Neighborhood market I think they're called. Saw one today for the first time. Didn't go in, it wasn't open yet.
Old 8/15/15, 04:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody seen these minature Walmarts? Neighborhood market I think they're called. Saw one today for the first time. Didn't go in, it wasn't open yet.
Can't say that I have, I have seen a Walmart that was just the Market, they just sold groceries.

First day since working in St.Louis that I have actually gotten off early.
Old 8/15/15, 05:27 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Nope. But we have mini targets opening here now. I've yet to go to one though.
Old 8/16/15, 02:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

A quart of moonshine *** me up these days.,
Old 8/16/15, 07:37 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Yes they have some here, it's basically just the grocery side of a super Center in a stand alone store. Usually same prices but maybe a tad higher.

Has piggly wiggly been making a comeback in Georgia Lee? We've had three open up in old Winn Dixie stores, and they are selling everything at cost and then they charge you 10% at final check out, so that's how they make a profit. I'm rather liking it, and they have a great selection of conecuh! Even the bacon
Old 8/16/15, 08:15 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Happy Birthday Jill!!
Old 8/16/15, 08:39 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Happy birthday Jill!
Old 8/16/15, 09:13 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
There is one going up about a mile from my house. I may or may not go in when it opens. I avoid Walmart like I avoid driving a Camaro.
Old 8/16/15, 09:25 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by SpectreH
There is one going up about a mile from my house. I may or may not go in when it opens. I avoid Walmart like I avoid driving a Camaro.
Hey now, camaros aren't that bad.

Old 8/16/15, 12:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, it's basically just the grocery store part of a WM superstore. Not hitting on much IMO

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

I love me some Otis!

Happy Birthday Big Dave!
Thanks Jill, and since it's the day after my birthday, to you!
Old 8/16/15, 01:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yes they have some here, it's basically just the grocery side of a super Center in a stand alone store. Usually same prices but maybe a tad higher.

Has piggly wiggly been making a comeback in Georgia Lee? We've had three open up in old Winn Dixie stores, and they are selling everything at cost and then they charge you 10% at final check out, so that's how they make a profit. I'm rather liking it, and they have a great selection of conecuh! Even the bacon
I haven't seen a Piggly Wiggly in forever anywhere near me. We don't even have Winn Dixie anymore, there used to be quite a few of them but they all started going out of business about 8- 10 years ago and now there are none anywhere around here. As far as big grocery stores all we have are Kroger, Food Lion, Bi-Lo, and Walmart.

I prefer Kroger to any of those but I try to do as much shopping as I can at a little locally owned grocery store that has been around for as long as I can remember. Whole family shopped there when I was little before there were any big chains in the area. Its the only place I buy meat when I have to get it from the store. Best around by a longshot compared to Kroger and the others, even better on price.

I've never seen Conecuh bacon in a store before, even down in lower Alabama where they're located. Its good stuff though, every time I go down I stop at the plant in Evergreen and stock up on it. I've got about 12 packs in the freezer now. How much is it in the store? IIRC it was $6.59 or so for the 24oz pack when I came through a few months ago. Bought a case (8 packs) and a 18lb ham for about $100, can't beat that for the quality of the stuff.

If you ever get down that way, you really need to stop and pick up one of the hams. Best freaking ham I've ever bought, cook it just like the instruction book says and its amazing. Its right on the interstate, easy to find. Get off exit 96 on I-65 and its right behind the McDonalds. You can see and smell the smoke drifting across the interstate about a mile before you get there, lol.
Old 8/16/15, 04:07 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Happy Birthday Jill!!
Happy birthday Jill!
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Thanks Jill, and since it's the day after my birthday, to you!
Thanks all!
Old 8/17/15, 08:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Happy Birthday Jill!!

I drove the '65 about 45 minutes away to a church golf outing. It ran really great all the way there and back. We also won the scramble finishing -7. I almost got an eagle 2 when my approach came less than one revolution of the ball short of going in. Pretty satisfying for the hardest hole of the course!
Old 8/17/15, 09:35 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by codeman94
Happy Birthday Jill!!

I drove the '65 about 45 minutes away to a church golf outing. It ran really great all the way there and back. We also won the scramble finishing -7. I almost got an eagle 2 when my approach came less than one revolution of the ball short of going in. Pretty satisfying for the hardest hole of the course!
Thanks!

On a sad note.......our local "Batman" was killed when his Batmobile broke down on the side of the highway and was struck by another vehicle. Very heartbreaking that someone who gave so much of himself by brightening the days of cancer ridden children was taken from our world too soon. While I didn't know him personally, we have a lot of mutual friends and I'd never heard a bad word about him. Very sad indeed
http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/fea...l#.VdH-_vn3j7B
Old 8/17/15, 12:47 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

If you ever get down that way, you really need to stop and pick up one of the hams. Best freaking ham I've ever bought, cook it just like the instruction book says and its amazing. Its right on the interstate, easy to find. Get off exit 96 on I-65 and its right behind the McDonalds. You can see and smell the smoke drifting across the interstate about a mile before you get there, lol.
I intend to. Theres also a restaurant somewhere down there that sells all sorts of conecuh infused dishes.
Old 8/17/15, 12:48 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I bet its running a "canned" tune as well!
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-1509277_10153427893107112_3792828826810329088_n.jpg  
Old 8/17/15, 02:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I intend to. Theres also a restaurant somewhere down there that sells all sorts of conecuh infused dishes.
Don't know about the restaurant, haven't heard of it. There's not much else anywhere around that area at Evergreen, even north or south of it. When I was in there a couple months ago he charged me $2.89/lb for the ham IIRC, can't beat that. They're already frozen and in a box with the weight wrote on it, plus all the other Conecuh stuff the make. They even have sausage cooking on the grill all day and you can get a couple dogs with whatever toppings you want for $1 each I think.

They give you a recipe book with a lot of killer dishes in it and it has how to cook the ham. I do it just like the book says except for the cook time per pound. I use one of my digital probe thermometers from the smoker to watch the internal temp so I don't over cook it. My cook times seem to be quite a bit shorter than they call for in the book.

There's a funky little BBQ joint with a plane tail sticking out of the roof on the other side of the interstate from Conecuh that I've stopped at a few times for a pork sammich. Decent bbq, nothing spectacular but its better than a fast food burger for sure. Owner is always in there, nice guy.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast