Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/13, 09:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Its not me you have to worry about.
What's wrong with a sticky guideline posted? That can be quoted as a reminder when the thread gets off track by haters. We do it on other sections. You didn't even give it a try though others besides me were asking for relief from critics that had nothing to contribute - only attack and criticize. I've even pm'd Scott before on other threads were hater mods chimed in.
There aren't that many threads about faith in that section - most are about politics of the day. But every time one is started the non-believers come out of the wood work and run rip-shod over the believers wanting to have a discussion and get way off topic. And then mods let them. Its outrageous - even in that mild, monitored, 'wild west' section. Believe it or not, many TMS Mustangers also have a faith in God and would also like to chat occasionally - amongst themselves without obstruction by haters. Rather than being stifled while you give support to the haters. The haters have learned what to do to kill it haven't they? That's upside down.
Yet you let V6 vs V8 etc. (as you suggested) go on for days so apparently 'the owners' - or Scott - allow endless debate over that. If they want to have a faith discussion in that private section then let them have it. Heck even guys like Cody won't even post in his Christian thread (or here) anymore.
As for the owner cop out they don't seem to stop the outrageous other threads that go on and on.
What you call a cop out I call a responsibility.

Yes it's apparent the atheists know the game plan. It works for them everywhere else in life too.

As for posting a religious thread rules and warnings in theory it sounds great. But in real life it just doesn't work here Charlie. Honestly nothing really works here at all. We are overrun with ******** and malcontents. If I banned everyone I wanted everytime I wanted I'd be here with a handful of members and the mods because I can't ban them.
Old 3/10/13, 09:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Its not me you have to worry about.
What's wrong with a sticky guideline posted? That can be quoted as a reminder when the thread gets off track by haters.
A 10 commandments for the religious section?
Old 3/10/13, 10:02 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
What you call a cop out I call a responsibility.

Yes it's apparent the atheists know the game plan. It works for them everywhere else in life too.

As for posting a religious thread rules and warnings in theory it sounds great. But in real life it just doesn't work here Charlie. Honestly nothing really works here at all. We are overrun with ******** and malcontents. If I banned everyone I wanted everytime I wanted I'd be here with a handful of members and the mods because I can't ban them.
lol

But very few political threads are closed - why can't there be a little more tolerance - with better specific guidelines to let the atheists stay on their own thread and out of believer's threads - and vica versa (I have no interest in crashing an atheist thread) - for religious threads? It is the "Politics and Religion" section.

Frankly that thread was about the same level as political threads. Nothing was getting out of hand. You posted your notice and then didn't even give it a chance.

This is a forum of many interests, with Mustang as the common link, and I'm sure the owners are happy with the eyeballs. But there are times when the auto threads crawl and other interests pop up for a bit to take up the slack. In the end - it is still eyeballs staying glued to TMS - and that is ALL that matters on an internet site.

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/10/13 at 10:07 PM.
Old 3/10/13, 10:05 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
A 10 commandments for the religious section?

Old 3/10/13, 10:06 PM
Post *****

lol

But very few political threads are closed - why can't there be a little more tolerance - with better specific guidelines to let the atheists stay on their own thread and out of believer's threads - for religious threads? It is the "Politics and Religion" section.

Frankly that thread was about the same level as political threads. Nothing was getting out of hand. You posted your notice and then didn't even give it a chance.

This is a forum of many interest and I'm sure the owners are happy with the eyeballs. But there are times when the auto threads crawl and other interests pop up for a bit to take up the slack. In the end - it is still eyeballs staying glued to TMS - and that is ALL that matters on an internet site.
I posted a notice and the next three posts paid no attention to it.

I very seriously considered cleaning it out and rebooting it with the my warning as the second post. And had I been in a place to do so maybe I would have. Maybe next time I will.

So I closed it before one of the others closed it. Because it was gonna get closed. And I'd rather you were mad at me than the others. Because I'll take your criticisms. They won't be so nice.
Old 3/10/13, 10:12 PM
Post *****

I posted a notice and the next three posts paid no attention to it.

I very seriously considered cleaning it out and rebooting it with the my warning as the second post. And had I been in a place to do so maybe I would have. Maybe next time I will.

So I closed it before one of the others closed it. Because it was gonna get closed. And I'd rather you were mad at me than the others. Because I'll take your criticisms. They won't be so nice.
Hey - I'll kick your asz Even if I have to stand on a chair to do it!

I disagree it would necessarily get closed. One guy made a joke and da gonz made an idiotic off topic comment about freedom of worship. Ha! The OP asked a simple question and if he didn't care to comment he should have shut the hell up and let the rest of us answer the OP.

Isn't that what ALL threads are about?? Asking questions and letting people respond?

You said 'try me' and you wimped out after 2 didn't get the message. I thought you played Texas football?? Is that all you got?

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/10/13 at 10:14 PM.
Old 3/10/13, 10:18 PM
Post *****

Hey - I'll kick your asz Even if I have to stand on a chair to do it!

I disagree it would necessarily get closed. One guy made a joke and da gonz made an idiotic off topic comment about freedom of worship. Ha! The OP asked a simple question and if he didn't care to comment he should have shut the hell up and let the rest of us answer the OP.

Isn't that what ALL threads are about?? Asking questions and letting people respond?

You said 'try me' and you wimped out after 2 didn't get the message.
Did the OP ever post again?

I don't think he did. Maybe if he'd cared a little more or shared a little more. Or maybe it was just a bomb thrown so the atheists could have another bash thread.

I think the thread asking for prayers was about the only religious thread I've ever seen not end in disaster.

Perhaps if our president showed respect to his office then the communists and atheists would follow his example and show respect to believers.
Old 3/10/13, 10:22 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,662 Posts
What a beautiful weekend I had in PA!!! My friend invited me and my girls over to his farm and my ladies got to ride horses. I even hit 70mph in his lane with him in it!!! He has this '36 (I think) Chevrolet Dually sitting in his barn. Someone was gonna junk it and he said I'll hang onto it. Maybe someday he'll restore it!
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_1916.jpg  
Old 3/10/13, 10:24 PM
Post *****

Perhaps if our president showed respect to his office then the communists and atheists would follow his example and show respect to believers.
Well... the Eagles said a reunion tour would only happen if hell freezes over.

So I guess there's that.
Old 3/10/13, 10:29 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Yeah well I say that about my Phila Eagles winning the superbowl too! I blame Obama!!!
Old 3/10/13, 10:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Y'all's blowing my phone up. Any of you play need for speed games? I'm playing shift right now
Old 3/10/13, 10:33 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
What a beautiful weekend I had in PA!!! My friend invited me and my girls over to his farm and my ladies got to ride horses. I even hit 70mph in his lane with him in it!!! He has this '36 (I think) Chevrolet Dually sitting in his barn. Someone was gonna junk it and he said I'll hang onto it. Maybe someday he'll restore it!
Ya, life really sucks.
Old 3/10/13, 10:34 PM
Post *****

Yeah well I say that about my Phila Eagles winning the superbowl too! I blame Obama!!!
I'd blame McNabb for not hustling more in Superbowl 39. Fat boy was tired. And every game after that he played the same until he retired. I was glad McNabb was in Philly. Sure they were good enough to win more than they lost but I knew with him they'd never win it all. And I hate the iggles.

Nothing against you of course. Sports is like religion I guess. Most fans can't explain why they believe the way they do.
Old 3/10/13, 10:35 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
Y'all's blowing my phone up. Any of you play need for speed games? I'm playing shift right now
Not since I can remember.

I think I played the very first need for speed game ever made. Before al gore invented the Internet of course.
Old 3/10/13, 10:36 PM
GTR Member

Jezuz christo
Old 3/10/13, 10:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

I'd blame McNabb for not hustling more in Superbowl 39. Fat boy was tired. And every game after that he played the same until he retired. I was glad McNabb was in Philly. Sure they were good enough to win more than they lost but I knew with him they'd never win it all. And I hate the iggles.

Nothing against you of course. Sports is like religion I guess. Most fans can't explain why they believe the way they do.
I hear ya, my bro-in-law is a Cowboys fan?!? And there were a ton of Eagles fans that said the same thing about McNabb during his entire stay with them!
Old 3/10/13, 10:43 PM
Post *****

I hear ya, my bro-in-law is a Cowboys fan?!? And there were a ton of Eagles fans that said the same thing about McNabb during his entire stay with them!
I kind of liked him in college at Syracuse. Very entertaining. Can't remember who it was but one of his wideouts was drafted as well and had a decent career.

But I was watching the draft that year the iggles drafted him and will never forget how the Philly fans in attendance booed. Of course now they show the highlight at almost every draft. But it was funny as hell at the time. I felt sorry for him.

But no excuse to not be in shape like he was. Especially for a mobile athletic type quarterback.
I mean TO came off a serious injury for the Super Bowl and played well. Even catching the ball which was rare for him at that point and later. But at the end of that game me and the wife are sitting on the couch watching the game and we were like wtf is he doing. I kept betting her he was gonna puke right there on the field.

Maybe he was sick. I don't know. But it cost them a shot at the win. Not saying they would have won. But it killed their chances.
Old 3/10/13, 10:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
So a guy at the auto show today was going on and on to his friend about the new mustang. He then pointed over the GT500 and said, "and this one is the new Boss 302." Real impressive.
Old 3/10/13, 10:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
So a guy at the auto show today was going on and on to his friend about the new mustang. He then pointed over the GT500 and said, "and this one is the new Boss 302." Real impressive.
:facepalm:
Old 3/10/13, 11:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Going back a little (maybe alot for you young whippersnappers) I was looking to purchase a Mustang GT in the late 80's. I'm in the dealership and knew more about them than the salespeople. There was an 5.0 GT inside and I said is that a V8 and he replied no. We only have 4's and 6's there is no V8 anymore!?!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast