Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/13, 01:55 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I'll be back down there in a few months, need to party and take care of some things.
Let me know when you get close.
Old 1/6/13, 02:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Let me know when you get close.
I'm thinking around April (tentatively) , need to travel the coast, check on some investments, hang out with some family, and see my little nephews. Looks like I'll miss Mobile mardi gras this year. You ever get plans together to check it out? Moonpies for everyone!!!!
Old 1/6/13, 02:10 AM

I'm thinking around April (tentatively) , need to travel the coast, check on some investments, hang out with some family, and see my little nephews. Looks like I'll miss Mobile mardi gras this year. You ever get plans together to check it out? Moonpies for everyone!!!!
I need to. Really don't care for mardi gras in Nola. It was great until I had kids. Lol
Old 1/6/13, 02:25 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I need to. Really don't care for mardi gras in Nola. It was great until I had kids. Lol

I know what you mean. The one in Mobile is actually pretty kid friendly (as kid friendly as a Mardi Gras can be, but much more tame than NOLA). I'll put it this way, my little nephews are out of school for about 2 weeks for Mardi Gras over there so its pretty family oriented. Well, other than having to deal with the '"brothers" that want to **** everything up and cause gang problems. (not to sound racist, just the way it is).

Check into it, you guys might have a good time with the family. They actually have some killer parades and such, and its a good history lesson for the boys. Its the oldest annual celebration in the US. Make a field trip out of it. You and the missus have a good time (and some killer food, some awesome restaurants there), make them take notes and do some research and give them something to write a book report on for school. Not to mention the Victorian houses and architecture and the true old South things around town. Its a pretty cool place. Also take them to the USS Alabama down on the bay and make them learn some ****.
Old 1/6/13, 02:36 AM

We've been there. USS Alabama. That submarine and the planes are awesome. Need to make a run to Mississippi eat at the shed soon too.
Old 1/6/13, 02:46 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

We've been there. USS Alabama. That submarine and the planes are awesome. Need to make a run to Mississippi eat at the shed soon too.
I stay the **** out of MS when I'm down there, even Biloxi. My ex-uncle (my aunt's ex-husband) has a big horse ranch over in Lucedale and I stay away from there. I see him every now and then when he comes over to see my little nephews but that's as close as I get to MS., lol.

Might be a good field trip for the boys during Mardi Gras. More family oriented than NOLA, I wouldn't dare take boys their age to that **** in NOLA, lol. The oldest might lose his mind, hahahahah. You'd never get him out of the bathroom after what he saw there. 8 showers a day.
Old 1/6/13, 02:52 AM

Lmao. Yep. We have a couple family oriented parades in other towns. Not as big but the kids enjoy it.
Old 1/6/13, 03:02 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Lmao. Yep. We have a couple family oriented parades in other towns. Not as big but the kids enjoy it.
The ones in Mobile might be a nice family trip for you guys, something good for the boys to build on for school. You said the one doesn't study well, maybe some hands on stuff might help him. I want to see him succeed, and some kids learn differently than others. Maybe it would spark something in him to experience things first hand.

A lot of super intelligent kids out there that suck at classroom studies, but flourish when you put them into real world situations. He might be one of those, you said how he adapts to stuff in person like the piano. Might just be one of those kids that needs a different type of learning. I doubt hes a bad kid or some idiot, else he wouldn't excel at the things he does. Maybe classroom learning doesn't register with him.

It never did with me, and look how I turned out. Maybe that's not such a good example.
Old 1/6/13, 03:33 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I literally laughed out loud at that one. I did real work a few years back. For half the money. Sometimes I do it here. But sometimes it's really easy money. If this place is running good, I just have to be here.
I heard they're opening another plant in LA. Does that affect you?
Old 1/6/13, 03:35 AM

Gotta say the oldest is just like dad. Which also scares the **** out of me. Lol. The good thing is I know what I did and why so at least I can do my best to keep him from taking that road. My parents truly had no idea. Couple hearts to hearts with my old man years later confirmed this. I'm really glad they were clueless.
Old 1/6/13, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco

I heard they're opening another plant in LA. Does that affect you?
Lots of plants coming up. Doesn't really affect us much. Just more pollution but a great boost for the already strong economy we have here. We really don't feel the affects like most of the country. Mighty Mississippi makes this place a leader in industry.
Old 1/6/13, 03:46 AM
Post *****

Lots of plants coming up. Doesn't really affect us much. Just more pollution but a great boost for the already strong economy we have here. We really don't feel the affects like most of the country. Mighty Mississippi makes this place a leader in industry.
Here it is. Couldn't remember what city....
BASF begins construction on new formic acid plant at Geismar site

2012-10-24

Significant investment to create 20 permanent and 250 construction jobs in Louisiana
GEISMAR, LA, Oct.23, 2012 – With Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal in attendance, BASF today broke ground on a world scale production plant for formic acid at the company’s manufacturing site in Geismar, Louisiana. With an annual capacity of 50,000 tons, the new formic acid plant will create 20 permanent jobs and an estimated 250 jobs during the construction phase.

This new facility, expected to be complete by mid-2014, will be the 23rd plant in BASF’s largest North American chemical complex located on the 2,600-acre site in Ascension Parish, and the third significant investment in the past two years. BASF completed a new methylamines plant last year at the site that created 11 new jobs, and a surfactants plant starting up in 2013 will create an additional 45 new jobs.
http://www.basf.com/group/corporate/...s-usa/P-12-209
Old 1/6/13, 03:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Here it is. Couldn't remember what city....
Hope it isn't one of those round domes/ spheres that Al says will blow half the state off the map if it lets go.

More to say about other things later, but right now I'm being beckoned by these furry fleece sheets the ol' lady put on my bed. OMG, they are fantastic, I slept like a drunk baby on ambien last night.
Old 1/6/13, 03:52 AM

Oh that's actually a new unit inside our plant. More jobs. From what it looks like, we are going to try and take a big chunk of the lithium ion market for batteries. We bought another plant last year that makes the electrolytes. These Germans are good at doing things like that. Us and Dow are in a constant race to corner markets.
Old 1/6/13, 03:52 AM
Post *****

Yeah my down comforter is beckoning.
Old 1/6/13, 03:53 AM
Post *****

Oh that's actually a new unit inside our plant. More jobs. From what it looks like, we are going to try and take a big chunk of the lithium ion market for batteries. We bought another plant last year that makes the electrolytes. These Germans are good at doing things like that. Us and Dow are in a constant race to corner markets.
Old 1/6/13, 03:53 AM

Hope it isn't one of those round domes/ spheres that Al says will blow half the state off the map if it lets go.

More to say about other things later, but right now I'm being beckoned by these furry fleece sheets the ol' lady put on my bed. OMG, they are fantastic, I slept like a drunk baby on ambien last night.
Send Scott some of those sheets and a fifth. He needs some drunken baby sleep. Lol
Old 1/6/13, 04:20 AM

Stupid infomercials. Just wanted to watch the news before bed. Man, Ron Popeil is looking rough as hell these days.
Old 1/6/13, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For most people when you lose your "khakis" you've lost your pants. When you're from Boston & lose your "khakis" you can't start your car.
Old 1/6/13, 09:52 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Went to Mardi Gras in La at the ripe age of sixteen!!! I remember telling my parents that I needed some 'me' time to look at ***** I mean historical landmarks?!?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast