Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/12, 06:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 636 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I'll see what they say and then tomorrow my husband will test it himself anyway. He won't have anything to test it with until tomorrow.
Has he got a tester to put a load on it with? That's the only real way to test one. Get it fully charged, put a load on it, and it will tell whether its good or not.

I don't really trust these new little things they claim puts a load on it. I've got an old Atlas tester that came from my uncle's service station and that sucker will show you instantly if the battery is bad.

Name:  DSC_0789_zps168b43d3.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  221.2 KB
Old 10/11/12, 06:32 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep. I always check that. I wipe my engine bay down every time i wash it and check that.
They also build up corrosion on the battery post inside the terminal which can prevent taking a full charge. Have to take the terminal off and use the wire brush.
Old 10/11/12, 06:36 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Has he got a tester to put a load on it with? That's the only real way to test one. Get it fully charged, put a load on it, and it will tell whether its good or not.

I don't really trust these new little things they claim puts a load on it. I've got an old Atlas tester that came from my uncle's service station and that sucker will show you instantly if the battery is bad.
Load testers are now old outdated technology. The new testers will test the battery without a load and even a low charge sometimes. They are really nice.
Old 10/11/12, 06:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 636 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Load testers are now old outdated technology. The new testers will test the battery without a load and even a low charge sometimes. They are really nice.
That thinking is why is don't trust them. I had an Interstate that I knew had a bad cell in it because of the way it was doing. Would crank time and time again, then not crank if you left the doors open too long or something, and my "old outdated technology" showed it was bad too.

I took it back to the local business I bought it from and they used one of those "new and improved" little handheld testers and said it was fine that there was something else wrong with the car and wouldn't make it up.

I took it to an Interstate battery store and told them what happened, they tested it with one of those and it showed good. Got out an old load tester, and said, yep, its bad and replaced it. That was 75K miles ago and haven't had a problem since. So much for it being something else wrong with my car.

First place ****ed themselves. I'd bought countless batteries and no telling how many sets of expensive tires from them over the years, not anymore. I go somewhere else now, and they wont get a ****ing penny of my money, all because they wouldn't make up a 3 yr old pro-rated battery.
Old 10/11/12, 06:49 PM

That thinking is why is don't trust them. I had an Interstate that I knew had a bad cell in it because of the way it was doing. Would crank time and time again, then not crank if you left the doors open too long or something, and my "old outdated technology" showed it was bad too.

I took it back to the local business I bought it from and they used one of those "new and improved" little handheld testers and said it was fine that there was something else wrong with the car and wouldn't make it up.

I took it to an Interstate battery store and told them what happened, they tested it with one of those and it showed good. Got out an old load tester, and said, yep, its bad and replaced it. That was 75K miles ago and haven't had a problem since. So much for it being something else wrong with my car.

First place ****ed themselves. I'd bought countless batteries and no telling how many sets of expensive tires from them over the years, not anymore. I go somewhere else now, and they wont get a ****ing penny of my money, all because they wouldn't make up a 3 yr old pro-rated battery.
The tester we used at GM was fantastic. Seemed about as accurate as it gets. Dunno.
Old 10/11/12, 06:49 PM
Post *****

Are the hydrometers to test each cell still worthwhile?

Old 10/11/12, 06:55 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 178 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I think it should read somewhere just over 14v at idle.

Is it a motorcraft? I read you said it was you second. I finally have up on getting motorcraft warranty replacements because a cell would go bad and then on the replacement too. Just get an interstate and be done with it.

It's happened to me on Seven and the old Expedition more than once.
I can't remember the brand, but I know it's not motor craft. He only went to NTB for the one i have cuz it's a mile from my work and it was convenient. He also thought it should read 14.

I don't for sure know what he has. I know I hear him talk about testing loads at work. Whatever he has, he has to get back from his coworker. He's got tons I crap on his work truck that I have no clue what they are or what they are used for. I know a lil, but I'm far from being Mrs. Goodwrench
Old 10/11/12, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Are the hydrometers to test each cell still worthwhile?
Most batteries are maintenance free now. Not to be opened and checked. I'm swapping everything to Optima now though so I definitely can't use those.
Old 10/11/12, 06:59 PM

I can't remember the brand, but I know it's not motor craft. He only went to NTB for the one i have cuz it's a mile from my work and it was convenient. He also thought it should read 14.

I don't for sure know what he has. I know I hear him talk about testing loads at work. Whatever he has, he has to get back from his coworker. He's got tons I crap on his work truck that I have no clue what they are or what they are used for. I know a lil, but I'm far from being Mrs. Goodwrench
That's why you got to get rid of Mr. Jill. I got a Mr. Goodwrench sign in my garage.
Old 10/11/12, 07:17 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 178 Likes on 121 Posts

That's why you got to get rid of Mr. Jill. I got a Mr. Goodwrench sign in my garage.
I don't know....you seem like kind of a handful. I got my hands full with the one I got now. The next Mr. Jill is going to be more mild. He tells me all the time he doesn't know how I've put up with him for so long
Old 10/11/12, 07:19 PM

I don't know....you seem like kind of a handful. I got my hands full with the one I got now. The next Mr. Jill is going to be more mild. He tells me all the time he doesn't know how I've put up with him for so long
Just depends. Exactly how big are your hands?

Sorry Jill I had to.
Old 10/11/12, 07:23 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
she could hold the Guinness Record for worlds smallest hands, and you still wouldnt measure up
Old 10/11/12, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
she could hold the Guinness Record for worlds smallest hands, and you still wouldnt measure up
But Dave. You said it was a good size.
Old 10/11/12, 07:25 PM
Banned

But Dave. You said it was a good size.
"That's a nice way of saying its small"
Old 10/11/12, 08:17 PM
Post *****

8 ‘Bad Habits’ Research Shows Are Good for You
Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:40 PM

Research shows that many of our so-called guilty pleasures are actually good for our health, say medical experts.
Here are eight “bad habits” that do your body good – as long as you don’t overdo it.
Chocolate:
Salt:
Sunshine
Being lazy:
Getting angry:
Gossiping:
Eating donuts for breakfast:
Raising a toast:

Read more: 8 ‘Bad Habits’ Research Shows Are Good for You
Old 10/11/12, 08:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another awesome Yanks vs Os game. This has been a great series.
Old 10/11/12, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1999Pony
Another awesome Yanks vs Os game. This has been a great series.
Nobody cares who comes in 2nd in the World Series!!! GO GIANTS!!! Haha
Old 10/11/12, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Nobody cares who comes in 2nd in the World Series!!! GO GIANTS!!! Haha
Y'all almost blew it. Pretty impressive though to go to cincy and win 3.

Hopefully y'all don't get home field.
Old 10/11/12, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1999Pony

Y'all almost blew it. Pretty impressive though to go to cincy and win 3.

Hopefully y'all don't get home field.
I'll tell the truth, I don't want to see Washington, but they play better ball on the road...and I really don't want the cards to get another ring.
Old 10/11/12, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I'll tell the truth, I don't want to see Washington, but they play better ball on the road...and I really don't want the cards to get another ring.
I think id rather get the Cards over the Nats. The Nats pitching though has somewhat bombed so I don't know.

2nd night of extra innings.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast