Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/12, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Don't laugh too hard, you might get embarrassed. There's a really sharp looking blue SRT4 running around here that's supposedly putting down around 550 at the wheels, and I believe it. I've seen him kick it off at about 40 mph, and that sob rolls out!
No I know I can laugh at it......I'm not saying I raced him...I just know.
Old 4/30/12, 06:51 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
my car is an automatic, and i tried doing what Charlie told me to do the other day when i drove upstate and it kinda helped but the car for some reason just wont switch gears automatically anymore

just have to make the best of it for now and hope this car lasts me for at least another year
What did david suggest you do?
Originally Posted by lalayla
My mom's old frontier was like sludge lol

Yay! that would be awesome

Yeah, love the beach and my mini-me does too. Best place to relax especially when you have spots where there are hardly any people.
Sludge.

Oh oh oh and adding to my slowness is the 3.08 rear end, and 31x10.50 tires.
Old 4/30/12, 06:53 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
it would be awesome because in Boca Raton i have another Amy to meet lol! i would love to go down to FL one day!

...all the pictures are awesome
My best friend lives in Boca. And my brother lives in Jersey, but has a house in Ocean City (MD) that I can use anytime I want, but I hate to feel like I'm taking advantage of him so I rarely ask him to use it.
Old 4/30/12, 06:54 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Charlie not David lol!

to save the transmission, when it doesnt change a gear to slow down and down shift on the automatic to put less strain on the transmission...it usually only does this when going up a hill/speeding up from lets say 25mph to 70mph...other then that it runs fine, when it struggles i can feel that it hasn't changed a gear and the RPMs go up and the speed usually doesnt change or goes down...
Old 4/30/12, 06:56 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
My best friend lives in Boca. And my brother lives in Jersey, but has a house in Ocean City (MD) that I can use anytime I want, but I hate to feel like I'm taking advantage of him so I rarely ask him to use it.
where in jersey does your brother live? i am sure i have asked you but i can't remember off the top of my head
Old 4/30/12, 06:58 PM

Charlie not David lol!

to save the transmission, when it doesnt change a gear to slow down and down shift on the automatic to put less strain on the transmission...it usually only does this when going up a hill/speeding up from lets say 25mph to 70mph...other then that it runs fine, when it struggles i can feel that it hasn't changed a gear and the RPMs go up and the speed usually doesnt change or goes down...
Sorry. I meant charlie!

And that makes a lot of sense. Sounds like the tranny starts slipping under hard loads so downshifting eases it a bit.

I wouldn't have thought of it... We don't have hills in Florida
Old 4/30/12, 07:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Sorry. I meant charlie!

And that makes a lot of sense. Sounds like the tranny starts slipping under hard loads so downshifting eases it a bit.

it's ok i am tired ! i am surprised you understood what the heck i was talking about!

the transmission is definitly slipping as it seems, and i DEFINITLY cannot afford or want to drop a new transmission into it so i am going to drive it till it dies and hope i can save enough money by next year to afford a ford focus coupe

you dont have hills in Florida?
Old 4/30/12, 07:03 PM

it's ok i am tired ! i am surprised you understood what the heck i was talking about!

the transmission is definitly slipping as it seems, and i DEFINITLY cannot afford or want to drop a new transmission into it so i am going to drive it till it dies and hope i can save enough money by next year to afford a ford focus coupe

360ish feeet is the highest point in this state. Where I am the biggest hills are leading from land down to the river. And going up man made stuff I shouldn't

Farther north by gainesville they have some rolling hills, but nothing much. I'm used to Eastern Kentucky and western North Carolina, the Appalachain mountains. We'd have more elevation change on the road leading to the house than this entire dang state!
Old 4/30/12, 07:04 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it would be awesome because in Boca Raton i have another Amy to meet lol! i would love to go down to FL one day!

...all the pictures are awesome
Thanks!! If we move to Tampa, we will still be near the beach!

Sludge.

Oh oh oh and adding to my slowness is the 3.08 rear end, and 31x10.50 tires.
Super sludge! Little auto that would almost groan when hitting the gas going over the bridges around here.

Sorry. I meant charlie!

I found a couple in Ocala but that was it and it wasnt anything to brag about.

Florida is flat!
Old 4/30/12, 07:05 PM
Legacy Tms Member

i can't imagine living in an area where it is flat that is so beyond me.....i love rolling hills and mountains and all that good stuffs!
Old 4/30/12, 07:08 PM

i can't imagine living in an area where it is flat that is so beyond me.....i love rolling hills and mountains and all that good stuffs!
Trust me, this wasn't my choice! I hate how flat it is, the only redeeming feature is that I can be at a beach in 30 minutes with all the eye candy I can want (and more if I feel like trying to be social haha)

It's all a trade off. Buuttttttt I guess I can deal
Old 4/30/12, 07:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

and the weather is so much better down there......
Old 4/30/12, 07:12 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
where in jersey does your brother live? i am sure i have asked you but i can't remember off the top of my head
Lebanon, near Round Valley Reservoir if you know where that is. We were born in Somerville.
Old 4/30/12, 07:13 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

I like driving in the mountains when I visit my mom except the rough road part. Other than that I'm good. Well, I did hit a dog up there so maybe I'm not.
Old 4/30/12, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what is that avatar? Are you getting a ticket?
Old 4/30/12, 07:15 PM

and the weather is so much better down there......
Be careful what you wish for. It's downright miserable out here for the summer. And uncomfortable for half the year. For the most part you can't walk to your mailbox and back without sweating. I was fixing my water pump sunday, and had sweat rolling down my face just standing there.

But over winter it's gorgeous!
Old 4/30/12, 07:16 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
what is that avatar? Are you getting a ticket?
I pulled over a camaro cop.

Be careful what you wish for. It's downright miserable out here for the summer. And uncomfortable for half the year. For the most part you can't walk to your mailbox and back without sweating. I was fixing my water pump sunday, and had sweat rolling down my face just standing there.

But over winter it's gorgeous!
True:
Old 4/30/12, 07:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Lebanon, near Round Valley Reservoir if you know where that is. We were born in Somerville.
wow that is kinda close! 45mins southwest of me on 287! i was actually down in Bridgewater a while back for an interview!

I like driving in the mountains when I visit my mom except the rough road part. Other than that I'm good. Well, I did hit a dog up there so maybe I'm not.
i just love Upstate NY

oh no
Old 4/30/12, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled over a camaro cop.

:
Amazing what you can do when you have *****....
Old 4/30/12, 07:18 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

wow that is kinda close! 45mins southwest of me on 287! i was actually down in Bridgewater a while back for an interview!

i just love Upstate NY

oh no
It's pretty. My mom lives in upstate PA and I love fall! I moved down here a LONG time ago so I've never had to drive in snow. It looks scary.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast