Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/12, 02:04 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by lalayla
Hope everyone is having a decent day.
Finally some good news thrown my way today.
It's about time you get good news.

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
he said he will email me more pics later...and if it works out my friend and i will take a look at it on saturday since he knows foxbodys better then anyone...

keep fingers crossed....
Fingers and toes crossed.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I was just thinking about things that were around when I was young, and realized how lucky kids are now. Anyone else remember the old Mercurochrome and Merthiolate? Fall off your bike, out of a tree, slide down a bank at the river, etc. and the first thing mom would do was get that stuff out and start putting it on scrapes and cuts.

HOLY ****! That stuff was EVIL (especially the Merthiolate). My God was there anything on earth that burned that bad and for that long?!?!?!? It was like having molten lava poured into an open wound! I'd try my best to keep mom/grandma/aunt from finding out I was hurt because I knew what was coming. Of course you were screwed if you had an older cousin/sibling/ etc. that liked to pick on you. First thing they would do was tell that you got hurt just so they could laugh their **** off at you getting tortured with that wicked liquid in the tiny brown bottle.
I don't remember the name of it but my mom used to put something on our cuts and scrapes that came in a white spray bottle with a green cap that had a red circle on the front.

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Anyone else remember the old Mercurochrome and Merthiolate? Fall off your bike, out of a tree, slide down a bank at the river, etc. and the first thing mom would do was get that stuff out and start putting it on scrapes and cuts.
We used to call that stuff "monkey blood"
And I remember that it did burn. Having Mercurochrome stains around your cut or scrape was kind of a badge of honor. "look at me, I'm tough"
Old 2/7/12, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54

And I remember that it did burn. Having Mercurochrome stains around your cut or scrape was kind of a badge of honor. "look at me, I'm tough"
I was just about to call it monkey blood. Evil stuff right there.
Old 2/7/12, 02:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

My grandma used it on me. I'd rather have bled to death.
Old 2/7/12, 03:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
...gahhhh waiting on that email is killing me......
Old 2/7/12, 03:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was just thinking about things that were around when I was young, and realized how lucky kids are now. Anyone else remember the old Mercurochrome and Merthiolate? Fall off your bike, out of a tree, slide down a bank at the river, etc. and the first thing mom would do was get that stuff out and start putting it on scrapes and cuts.

HOLY ****! That stuff was EVIL (especially the Merthiolate). My God was there anything on earth that burned that bad and for that long?!?!?!? It was like having molten lava poured into an open wound! I'd try my best to keep mom/grandma/aunt from finding out I was hurt because I knew what was coming. Of course you were screwed if you had an older cousin/sibling/ etc. that liked to pick on you. First thing they would do was tell that you got hurt just so they could laugh their **** off at you getting tortured with that wicked liquid in the tiny brown bottle.
Holy crap man, that stuff was worse than the actual cut/scrape. Drench it in hydrogen peroxide (which stung enough by itself) and then try and kill you with the mercurochrome!
Old 2/7/12, 03:27 PM

Mercurochrome, generic name merbromin. Taken off the US market in 1998 due to the mercury content. Merbromin is an organomercuric disodium salt compound. Still widely used in third world countries. Few under 30 years old in the US have ever heard of it.
Old 2/7/12, 03:32 PM
Legacy Tms Member

^^i have never heard of that...

when i was growing up my grandma used to grind up a certain kind of cactus with honey and sugar and every time i was sick i was forced to eat a spoonful of it...
Old 2/7/12, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
^^i have never heard of that...

when i was growing up my grandma used to grind up a certain kind of cactus with honey and sugar and every time i was sick i was forced to eat a spoonful of it...
Are you sure she wasnt just giving you some of her margarita?
Old 2/7/12, 03:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

positive lol ....there were other things too but i can't say all that on here lol
Old 2/7/12, 03:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Treadhead
Holy crap man, that stuff was worse than the actual cut/scrape. Drench it in hydrogen peroxide (which stung enough by itself) and then try and kill you with the mercurochrome!
I hated seeing that little brown bottle come out. And that little hollow stick inside the lid would strike fear into any kid. Dab that stuff on, and you'd be hopping around and blowing on it trying to "cool" it off.
Old 2/7/12, 03:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Mercurochrome, generic name merbromin. Taken off the US market in 1998 due to the mercury content. Merbromin is an organomercuric disodium salt compound. Still widely used in third world countries. Few under 30 years old in the US have ever heard of it.
They were trying to kill us!!!
Old 2/7/12, 03:56 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I had to look it up after Lee mentioned the hollow application stick.... I REMEMBER THAT STUFF!!!!!!!!

I seriously didnt know what it was, thought maybe that was before my time, but now realize its the same stuff that my grandparents used on me as a kid when i did stupid stuff
Attached Images  

Last edited by Scothew; 2/7/12 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2/7/12, 04:03 PM
Legacy Tms Member

every time i had scrapes and bruises my grandma took iodine and other stuff that i forget what it was called but it stung like hell ......
Old 2/7/12, 04:12 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember iodine, peroxide, and Bactine, but not that other stuff.
Old 2/7/12, 04:13 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Never had that used on me.

TWSS
Old 2/7/12, 04:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

i grew up in Ukraine so i have no idea what remedies my grandma used to use lol ...old world village stuff lol
Old 2/7/12, 04:43 PM

This dude was just chilling as I came through the gates at work. It's like an animal refuge around here sometimes. Had to take his picture.
Attached Images  
Old 2/7/12, 04:47 PM

I hated seeing that little brown bottle come out. And that little hollow stick inside the lid would strike fear into any kid. Dab that stuff on, and you'd be hopping around and blowing on it trying to "cool" it off.
Man, I had forgotten about the jumping around and blowing on it until you mentioned that. Now it seems like it was just yesterday. Too bad our parents didnt have camcorders to capture that, it must have looked pretty funny.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast