Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/11, 07:13 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
drama with a teenage daughter.
The reason I'm SOOOOO glad I have boys. Boys are easy.
Old 12/15/11, 07:16 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

My daughter is three and omg... I am so ready for four to come but that's not til the end of September.
Old 12/15/11, 07:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by lalayla
My daughter is three and omg... I am so ready for four to come but that's not til the end of September.
I got one thats 4.

Still not better. Hoping she'll be better when she's 5!
Old 12/15/11, 07:22 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

I got one thats 4.

Still not better. Hoping she'll be better when she's 5!
Noooooooo! Thats scary. Oh well. It is what it is.
Old 12/15/11, 07:23 PM
Post *****

Noooooooo! Thats scary. Oh well. It is what it is.
Well she gets a little better each year. 2 was a nightmare. But she still has her moments at 4.
Old 12/15/11, 07:24 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

She was better at two and just now started having public meltdowns. :/ playground and once in a store...
Old 12/15/11, 07:25 PM
Post *****

She was better at two and just now started having public meltdowns. :/
Does she run and then tell you no and then slap you in the face when you pick her up and laugh about it.

Good times!
Old 12/15/11, 07:29 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

That...plus throws her shoes at me while I'm driving after leaving the park.
Old 12/15/11, 07:32 PM
Post *****

That...plus throws her shoes at me while I'm driving after leaving the park.
Yup.

Acting out for attention while testing boundaries at the same time.

The others did it too, but it seems to get worse with each kid. Or I'm just getting older and more tired.
Old 12/15/11, 07:33 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I remember mom had a wooden spoon between the console and her seat just for those occasions.
Old 12/15/11, 07:36 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Yup.

Acting out for attention while testing boundaries at the same time.

The others did it too, but it seems to get worse with each kid. Or I'm just getting older and more tired.
Hate to say this but good to know I'm not alone here. Lately all she want to do is test me. Oh man.

And is befriending pretty much just boys at the playground. Holding hands with one and telling him she will show him the slides... with a stuffed Simba, too. Lol
Old 12/15/11, 07:45 PM
Post *****

Hate to say this but good to know I'm not alone here. Lately all she want to do is test me. Oh man.

And is befriending pretty much just boys at the playground. Holding hands with one and telling him she will show him the slides... with a stuffed Simba, too. Lol
She makes huge advances in one on one play and discussion with me. My wife is a teacher and she uses distraction quite well. Like if she doesn't want to put her shoes on in the morning she will talk about
Something that might interest her and change the situation.

Ive found that calming the situation helps. I will look her in the eyes and talk rationally and tell her it's unacceptable and it seems to work. Then I will give her some positive reinforcement about something else. A lot of times she's just trying to get that attention. To some children negative attention is better than nothing.
Old 12/15/11, 07:49 PM

Then they grow up and be just as hard headed as mom is anyways.
Old 12/15/11, 07:54 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

She makes huge advances in one on one play and discussion with me. My wife is a teacher and she uses distraction quite well. Like if she doesn't want to put her shoes on in the morning she will talk about
Something that might interest her and change the situation.

Ive found that calming the situation helps. I will look her in the eyes and talk rationally and tell her it's unacceptable and it seems to work. Then I will give her some positive reinforcement about something else. A lot of times she's just trying to get that attention. To some children negative attention is better than nothing.
I try to calm it but I have to let her settle on her own because right now it's almost irrational trying to talk when she is having one. Nana is daycare at the moment a few days a week and she gets away with murder. She comes home expecting it to be like that here. Lil girl is spoiled I just vent my frustrations here... And breathe
Old 12/15/11, 08:00 PM

Glad for 2 boys. Don't think I could break out the belt on a little girl. It's like Pootie Tang at my house. Have the belt already back on by the time the felt the sting.
Old 12/15/11, 08:03 PM
Post *****

I try to calm it but I have to let her settle on her own because right now it's almost irrational trying to talk when she is having one. Nana is daycare at the moment a few days a week and she gets away with murder. She comes home expecting it to be like that here. Lil girl is spoiled I just vent my frustrations here... And breathe
Our 4 year old is in daycare because I'm a cheap bastard and make my wife work. At least that what my wife tells me. Anyway Bryce is an angel at daycare, or with my mother when she goes there sometimes, but with us it's ***** to the wall craziness. When she comes home she has to compete with her little brother and older sisters for attention and this seems to be her way of doing it.
Old 12/15/11, 08:23 PM

The wife tells me the same thing. I told her if she didn't work, she would have to clean her own damm house, watch her own kids, and eat her own cooking. She shut up then.
Old 12/15/11, 08:49 PM
Post *****

So I fixed a few things on Seven last night. She had been a little neglected.

Since my battery problem was finally solved (replaced it months ago and it always starts stron now even if it sits for a month) I reconnected the amplifier in the trunk so that i have my door subs and door component speakers working again. I was driving it around for months with only the two rear deck speakers on head unit power.

It sounded great! Best thing I ever did was taking out the factory Shaker 500 crap and putting some real 8" subs I'm the door and reinforcing the enclosure.

My boost and fuel pressure gauges stopped working a while back and I discovered it was a blown fuse. So I replaced it. If it happens again I'll probably have to track down a short in the wires but that won't be too bad. They work good now too.

And lastly I finally connected the squirter nozzles and tubing on the new hood. So now i can finally was my windshield while driving.

Now I just need to clean her really good and put the stripes on the hood. I've got them in a box but I've just been too lazy.
Old 12/15/11, 09:08 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
So I fixed a few things on Seven last night. She had been a little neglected.

Since my battery problem was finally solved (replaced it months ago and it always starts stron now even if it sits for a month) I reconnected the amplifier in the trunk so that i have my door subs and door component speakers working again. I was driving it around for months with only the two rear deck speakers on head unit power.

It sounded great! Best thing I ever did was taking out the factory Shaker 500 crap and putting some real 8" subs I'm the door and reinforcing the enclosure.

My boost and fuel pressure gauges stopped working a while back and I discovered it was a blown fuse. So I replaced it. If it happens again I'll probably have to track down a short in the wires but that won't be too bad. They work good now too.

And lastly I finally connected the squirter nozzles and tubing on the new hood. So now i can finally was my windshield while driving.

Now I just need to clean her really good and put the stripes on the hood. I've got them in a box but I've just been too lazy.

I refuse to use my wipers unless absolutely necessary. I hate getting that crap all over my car. Plus it usually just makes it worse.
Old 12/15/11, 09:09 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch

I refuse to use my wipers unless absolutely necessary. I hate getting that crap all over my car. Plus it usually just makes it worse.
Well sometimes it's good for safety.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast