Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/11, 12:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scothew

Dont get too excitied about this gary...

... but a threesome?
Old 3/8/11, 01:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Unbelievable!!

Hell it costs me $20 every time I go to town. American Muscle has been great because they already shipped new ones out. But I have to wait for the return label, then drive to town to UPS to ship the blem ones out.
Today's other product fail cost me another $20. And then next week when a replacement comes in. I don't have that much slush in my budget!
Here is the ad, but they pulled it early so I assume it sold locally (the guy down there has sold an ungodly amount of Shelbys since they came out). Heck, who knows. It might be more valuable in a few decades if they document it, like some of the factory freaks you see come through auctions now.

Says they ordered the stripe but will let the buyer decide if they want it installed or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I like that color combo Lee.
Idea for 7?

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
The hb's new 250 is Ingot. I really like the color. I saw a SHO a couple of days ago in Ingot too.....very, very nice!
I like Ingot too, but on trucks or SUV's. I don't care for it on the Mustang.

Originally Posted by codeman94
stopped to look at a new explorer sunday.... $48,000!!!!!!
I looked at a limited about a month ago thinking about replacing one of my Exploders, and it was $44K (IIRC) and it was 2wd.

Originally Posted by 07S197
Any mods planned? Tune or anything?
Heck no. At least not for many, many moons. This is the most expensive car I've ever purchased, and I think I've decided to keep it pristine. To be honest, Ford did their homework on this one. It's about as close to the perfect package that you could get for what I want in a Mustang.

I'm looking at getting a new top intake for the Saleen SC. They have better flow now and it can add about 25rwhp for about $500. That would finally put me over 500rwhp.

May even get the FRPP throttle body while I'm at it.
I'd back off from any more mods and start putting it towards a forged bottom end so you can crank up the boost without worrying. $500 here and there for a few HP at a time adds up, especially when you've always got that thought in the back of your mind that it could let go in an instant over some small issue, like a faulty fuel pump or something. That's the main reason I went the route I did instead of starting to sink more into what I had.
Old 3/8/11, 01:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I'd back off from any more mods and start putting it towards a forged bottom end so you can crank up the boost without worrying. $500 here and there for a few HP at a time adds up, especially when you've always got that thought in the back of your mind that it could let go in an instant over some small issue, like a faulty fuel pump or something. That's the main reason I went the route I did instead of starting to sink more into what I had.
I'd have the forged internals already if I knew of and trusted in a shop to do it. I am 2 hours from Houston, but the idea of having someone do it is just as scary as not doing it and having it let go on me here one day if I don't.
Old 3/8/11, 02:00 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Not a diesel this time, but it's definitely got a lot of options. X-plan too
No offense jill because that is a nice truck, but If you get the options to match those of the $48k Explorer you are over 60k. and at that it still doesn't even have the intelligent access key or voice activation of the entire system like the explorer. Thats what I mean.

But don't ask the Explorer to tow 20,000 lbs.
Old 3/8/11, 02:09 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
No offense taken. It's only my winter beater

In all seriousness though, it has more options than he wanted. He's not the bells and whistles type. I have to say that my favorite option is the remote starter.
Old 3/8/11, 02:44 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is the ad, but they pulled it early so I assume it sold locally (the guy down there has sold an ungodly amount of Shelbys since they came out). Heck, who knows. It might be more valuable in a few decades if they document it, like some of the factory freaks you see come through auctions now.

Says they ordered the stripe but will let the buyer decide if they want it installed or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

FAIL!!!

Does your engine look like this? What's that intake tube thing? And it even comes with powder coated cam covers?

Old 3/8/11, 03:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Does your engine look like this? What's that intake tube thing? And it even comes with powder coated cam covers?
Yes....

From what I understand, its a resonator that is supposed to reduce intake/supercharger noise. I figure they had to add it to pass Federal drive by noise regulations with the new exhaust. I was shocked at how loud the exhaust on this thing is from the factory (especially when you step on it). Its quite a bit louder than my SGT was and it came with the FRPP GTA mufflers on it. I'd say its somewhere between the GTA's and the Stingers.

FRPP sells a straight through tube to replace the resonator, but its not something I would be interested in. It sound great to me as it is.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/8/11 at 03:05 PM.
Old 3/8/11, 03:10 PM
Post *****

sweeet!
Old 3/8/11, 03:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Also realized last night that mine must be one of the last 2011's made because it was built in Dec, and production ended in the first week of Jan. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Old 3/8/11, 03:25 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I think i need to take a weekend trip to Lee's.
Old 3/8/11, 03:29 PM
Post *****

Also realized last night that mine must be one of the last 2011's made because it was built in Dec, and production ended in the first week of Jan. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Better drive it like you stole it and find out.
Old 3/8/11, 04:33 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
I think i need to take a weekend trip to Lee's.
I'll meet you there.
Old 3/8/11, 04:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
How dumb do I sound asking for some videos of the new ride?
Old 3/8/11, 05:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'll see what I can do when the weather gets better. It's been raining pretty much ever since I got it, and its not coming out in the rain.
Old 3/8/11, 05:41 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heck no. At least not for many, many moons. This is the most expensive car I've ever purchased, and I think I've decided to keep it pristine. To be honest, Ford did their homework on this one. It's about as close to the perfect package that you could get for what I want in a Mustang.
I hear ya, the 07-09's had some basic stuff that i think a lot of people did to the cars to help their sort comings. The '10+, even more so the '11's really don't seem to lack much. Thou I have never driven or been for a ride in one

I'd have the forged internals already if I knew of and trusted in a shop to do it. I am 2 hours from Houston, but the idea of having someone do it is just as scary as not doing it and having it let go on me here one day if I don't.
What about a road trip to some where like Brenspeed?
Old 3/8/11, 06:46 PM
Post *****

I'll see what I can do when the weather gets better. It's been raining pretty much ever since I got it, and its not coming out in the rain.
ROADTRIP!!!

Time to head for the desert!
Old 3/8/11, 07:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

ROADTRIP!!!

Time to head for the desert!
That doesn't always work. I've seen it snow like hell in Death Valley.
Old 3/8/11, 07:11 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
5.4 litres .. what`s the cubes on that ? is that the GT40 engine ?

Last edited by HOSS429; 3/8/11 at 07:13 PM.
Old 3/8/11, 07:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by HOSS429
5.4 litres .. what`s the cubes on that ? is that the GT40 engine ?
330 ci. Basically yes, but without the dry sump. Aluminum block and heads, forged crank, rods and pistons, 550hp/510ft/lbs

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/8/11 at 07:17 PM.
Old 3/8/11, 08:23 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When did you get this car? I havn't been on here much. Congrats on a awesome car.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast