Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/10, 05:49 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I missed you man.

But you did drop in and post about my wheels on the other thread.
Well I had too, the car is just amazing now. Those wheels pushed it right over the top.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Screw that, I'm old. If its above 80 or so, the windows are up and the a/c is rolling.
I love having the windows down in the stang, I cant get enough of the exhaust sound. However sometime I then find myself sweating in the blk seats. Then I'll turn on the A/C, my girlfriend thinks im crazy...
I wish I was 20 again and knew what I know now.
I wish I was 15 and knew what I know now....ohh how things would be different....the things I could have...errr should have done
Old 7/15/10, 05:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
morning kids

another gloomy day outside
Old 7/15/10, 07:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Screw that, I'm old. If its above 80 or so, the windows are up and the a/c is rolling.
Old 7/15/10, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
You have got to have the oddest side/avatar profile I've ever seen.
That's just his version of the Droid Eye.
Old 7/15/10, 07:59 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

I may or may not have just ordered a Droid X...free overnight shipping too
Old 7/15/10, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by 07S197
I would go with MAY since in another thread you 'hate waiting for it'.
Old 7/15/10, 08:05 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by denlem
I would go with MAY since in another thread you 'hate waiting for it'.

My luck I will get an e-mail saying that due to high demand my order was not filled, I ordered it at 5AM.

The HTC Incredible has a ship date for 8/11 right now.

Last edited by 07S197; 7/15/10 at 08:07 AM.
Old 7/15/10, 08:13 AM

I saw the incredible date. They will lose orders with the Droid X and Verizon is allowing Incredible orders to be switched to the X.

I'd like to upgrade, but I gotta see how the unemployment vote goes on Monday. If they shoot it down again i'll have to get a job working in a shoe store somewhere for minimum wage.
Old 7/15/10, 10:14 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Today should be fun I'm going to look at some wheels and tires. They are the same wheels that are on Gary's Bronco, and basically the same as the ones I already have, there's 5, and they come with tires. 2 235/75/15s and 3 31x10.50x15s. Whether or not I buy depends on the tires tread. I already know the 235s are basically bald, and the 31s are "kinda low." If 2 of the 31s have passable tread, I'm good. If not, guess I'll have to find somewhere else to get some wheels. If I get them, I'll then have 2 sets of aluminum 10 hole wheels. And 1 set will get painted black!

And I bought a new air filter yesterday, a FRAM. 6 bucks And I can actually feel the difference. Right off idle, the little hesitation I had before has been cured!

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
A good thing to do is to get a gauge from an auto parts store so you know exactly how much oil pressure there is. They arent very hard to hook up at all.
I'll think about that... But I wanna get my tach fixed too. I should just be able to go to the junkyard and rip one out of another 150. Plus in the process of doing that, I'll learn to how to remove the instrument cluster without breaking my own truck

If it keeps getting that high I say pull out your thermostat and see what it does. You can run without one. It wont hurt anything at all. The only job it does is bring to engine to operating temp quicker. I didnt have one in my Ranchero for 2 years and nothing happened. It will just take a little bit longer to warm up than normal thats all.

The thermostat is only 9 months old, me and my dad put it in ourselves. That's only the second time in the 9 months I've had the truck it's passed the M in NORMAL. I'm pretty sure it's just an air bubble in there somewhere. But if it starts happening more often, I'll try pulling the stat and see how it goes. I didn't know that was do-able

I hate the A/C. Everytime I drive the windows are down and my A/C is the wind that comes into the car. Now when I am driving the wife around the A/C has to be on and windows up.

That's how my mom is... And my dad too if it's over 80
Old 7/15/10, 10:43 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nice!

Originally Posted by denlem
I saw the incredible date. They will lose orders with the Droid X and Verizon is allowing Incredible orders to be switched to the X.

I'd like to upgrade, but I gotta see how the unemployment vote goes on Monday. If they shoot it down again i'll have to get a job working in a shoe store somewhere for minimum wage.
Did you see yesterday that you won't be able to install any custom roms on them? I still want one anyways. I'm happy with what I have though.
Old 7/15/10, 11:09 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Old 7/15/10, 11:21 AM

Last edited by Blue Notch; 7/15/10 at 11:25 AM.
Old 7/15/10, 11:25 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Today should be fun I'm going to look at some wheels and tires. They are the same wheels that are on Gary's Bronco, and basically the same as the ones I already have, there's 5, and they come with tires. 2 235/75/15s and 3 31x10.50x15s. Whether or not I buy depends on the tires tread. I already know the 235s are basically bald, and the 31s are "kinda low." If 2 of the 31s have passable tread, I'm good. If not, guess I'll have to find somewhere else to get some wheels. If I get them, I'll then have 2 sets of aluminum 10 hole wheels. And 1 set will get painted black!

And I bought a new air filter yesterday, a FRAM. 6 bucks And I can actually feel the difference. Right off idle, the little hesitation I had before has been cured!
Hey Sean just a side note on the thermostat idea. Make sure you watch the temp if you remove it. Two things can happen. First if you remove the thermostat from the truck it may never get hot enough. I know this sounds odd but the FI system has to see a threshould engine temp before it will go into advanced fuel management. This could hurt fuel ecomoney.

Second issue could be overheating. I know this sounds odd too but w/o a thermostat to restrict coolant flow it can move too quickly through the engine and radiator. This will cause the coolant to not abosrb enough heat from the engine and then not be able to displace it to the radiator. We have some older techs here at work that the school of thought was to remove the thermostat if the truck had a cooling issue, in turn some of the trucks overheated worse then they were before.

My suggestion would be to make sure your fan clutch is working properly and clean out your radiator. As long as it does not look corroded you can use a high pressure hose to wash out the dirt and dust that builds up. You may even find some "condenser cleaner" that foams up and disolves all the dirt and bug guts so you can rinse it out. Just be careful you dont blow a hole in the radiator, due to the trucks age the rad could be a little rusty & weak.

Last edited by 07S197; 7/15/10 at 12:13 PM.
Old 7/15/10, 11:34 AM
Legacy Tms Member

nathan whats with opposite smiley?
Old 7/15/10, 11:43 AM

?yelims etisoppo htiw stahw anaid
Old 7/15/10, 11:49 AM
Legacy Tms Member

are u really writing backwards? dont make me go upsidedownie letters or cyrillic!!
Old 7/15/10, 12:14 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey Sean just a side note on the thermostat idea. Make sure you watch the temp if you remove it. Two things can happen. First if you remove the thermostat from the truck it may never get hot enough. I know this sounds odd but the FI system has to see a threshould engine temp before it will go into advanced fuel management. This could hurt fuel ecomoney.

Is that a pun or a typo?

The truck goes into full loop mode at 180 degrees, getting away from the rich start up sequence. Had I known that I woulda bought a 180 degree t-stat, not a 190, as the truck would like it better. I don't think I'll remove the stat.... unless it keeps getting hot. You guys make me worry

My suggestion would be to make sure your fan clutch is working properly and clean out your radiator. As long as it does not look corroded you can use a high pressure hose to wash out the dirt and dust that builds up. You may even find some "condensor cleaner" that foams up and disolves all the dirt and bug guts so you can rince them out. Just be careful you dont blow a hole in the radiator, due to the trucks age the rad could be a little rusty.
How do I check on the fan clutch? The radiator flush sounds pretty straight forward though. Would a garden hose with a relatively high pressure nozzle work for that?
Old 7/15/10, 12:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

How do I check on the fan clutch? The radiator flush sounds pretty straight forward though. Would a garden hose with a relatively high pressure nozzle work for that?

I told you this when you first got it, but nobody ever listens to me.

Here, I'll repost what I told you before.....

The first, simplest, and cheapest thing I would do is put a new cap on it. If it is weak and it's not holding the system pressure where it needs to be, it won't cool effectively and will push water back out into the overflow tank.

After that I would change the hose and put a thermostat in it ( you guys can do that easily on that truck). Also, that truck should have a clutch fan on it. Make sure it is ok. With that many miles it could be bad. Look around the center of the clutch around the bearing seal and see if fluid has leaked out of it (run your finger around it and look for a thick black goo), and when the truck is completely cold, try to spin the fan by hand. There should be resistance, if you can spin it freely (a hard spin and it keeps on rotating 4 or 5 revolutions) the clutch is bad. They're probably about 25 bucks at Autozone.
Old 7/15/10, 12:46 PM
Legacy Tms Member

way too hot outside....................
Old 7/15/10, 01:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by zhovkva89
way too hot outside....................

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast