Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/10, 08:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I failed to follow the advice my old college lit professor told me back in the day...

When proof reading, do it twice forwards and once backwards. You will be surprised what you find that you missed.
Yeah I proof read my book until my eyes bled. Even sent sections out to friends. Still had two minor typo's slip thru. And the printer transposed one photo label for the other in the next column. I paste a small correction label under them to this day before I ship.
Old 5/9/10, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 07S197
I was always told to read it out loud to yourself.
That works the best! I caught a number that way.
Old 5/9/10, 08:31 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well I don't have the gears, Tasca/Karl's was going to supply them. So no money invested there yet.

The HID's, I just need a day to invest in doing a clean install. I also already have the tint paid for, Just need to make an appointment to have it done. Only problem is they only do it on Tuesdays & very few people I trust feel comfortable driving me car. So it is more or less that i have to take a vacation day to get it done.

This is the rear panel I bought...
I thought that was the panel. Is that the same one Eaglestroker has?

It looks good on alloy, but I can't say I would absolutely have to have it. You really can install it, and take it off and sell it at anytime. I think that's what I would do. Honestly you'll get the same for it here whether it was installed or not.
Old 5/9/10, 08:32 PM
Post *****

I'm gonna get a loan for half of it,
I'd take all the zero they'll give me.

No kidding, found Danversbank in Boston and they pay 4% on checking. Gotta use their debit card and some other hoops but big deal.

http://ratebrain.com/
Old 5/9/10, 08:33 PM
Post *****

I'm double checking what I sent them tomorrow. It was from my office computer. I'm not saying I didn't do it. I probably did. But this advertsising agency is less than perfect. They did our work, until we found someone better.

She's bad about typos.
Old 5/9/10, 08:34 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought that was the panel. Is that the same one Eaglestroker has?

It looks good on alloy, but I can't say I would absolutely have to have it. You really can install it, and take it off and sell it at anytime. I think that's what I would do. Honestly you'll get the same for it here whether it was installed or not.
Yeah it is I saw it on Doogie's car and thats when I bought it.
Old 5/9/10, 08:36 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'd take all the zero they'll give me.

No kidding, found Danversbank in Boston and they pay 4% on checking. Gotta use their debit card and some other hoops but big deal.

http://ratebrain.com/
I can't get any zero though. No offers of any kind on an SVT Raptor. It's all excluded in the fine print.

I'll be getting 4.875 from teh credit union and push it to 60 months, just because I can. Then pay it off as fast as possible. Honestly after this if I never, ever borrow money again, my life will be perfect. I could buy it outright, but it just doesn't seem best right now. I know it goes against the don't borrow money thing I've been trying to do, but I've got to break it in this instance. I'm bad about going over budget on my personal houses, and I'm sure I will do it again.
Old 5/9/10, 08:36 PM
Post *****

She's bad about typos.
The fat finger excuse. Can't believe some think that actually caused the yo-yo on Wall Street Thurs.
Old 5/9/10, 08:37 PM
Post *****

The fat finger excuse. Can't believe some think that actually caused the yo-yo on Wall Street Thurs.
The sheep will believe anything, when the messiah speaks.
Old 5/9/10, 08:38 PM
Post *****

BTW. The dude in the pic is not me of course. That chrome domer is my pops.

I'm removing the link now that y'all have seen it.

If you could do the same Jim, I'd appreciate it.
Old 5/9/10, 08:41 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Old 5/9/10, 08:43 PM
Post *****

I can't get any zero though. No offers of any kind on an SVT Raptor. It's all excluded in the fine print.

I'll be getting 4.875 from teh credit union and push it to 60 months, just because I can. Then pay it off as fast as possible. Honestly after this if I never, ever borrow money again, my life will be perfect. I could buy it outright, but it just doesn't seem best right now. I know it goes against the don't borrow money thing I've been trying to do, but I've got to break it in this instance. I'm bad about going over budget on my personal houses, and I'm sure I will do it again.
Oh - I thought the 0% was across the board.

Well I understand that concept of avoiding debt. But its just rate arbitrage. If you can get 4 and only have to pay 4 fixed (or close to that ratio) I take it all. Because a 4% loan over time will be paid back with cheaper and cheaper money because of inflation. ($500 pmt today will seem cheap in a few years out.) But interest earned will raise as rates increase. You just have to be super disciplined and play the game to win. Course the cash flow factor is crucial to winning.

All builders go over budget. Its in your DNA.
Old 5/9/10, 08:50 PM
Post *****

Oh - I thought the 0% was across the board.

Well I understand that concept of avoiding debt. But its just rate arbitrage. If you can get 4 and only have to pay 4 fixed (or close to that ratio) I take it all. Because a 4% loan over time will be paid back with cheaper and cheaper money because of inflation. ($500 pmt today will seem cheap in a few years out.) But interest earned will raise as rates increase. You just have to be super disciplined and play the game to win. Course the cash flow factor is crucial to winning.

All builders go over budget. Its in your DNA.
My genius Macro and Microeconomics professor, who is the greatest capitalist I have ever known in person and whose advice I have never found fault in told me that if you can borrow money at less than 2 points above inflation you should do it. Anything over that and the oppurtunity costisn't worth it. And I agree with that. Dr. Talley was a true master and I learned so much from him. My mind was like a sponge in that class. It was almost like learning from the great Milton Friedman, who Dr. Talley actually learned from.

But anyway. Back to the gut. My gut has been telling me to get rid of the debt and put the money in real estate or concrete investments. Land and such. I'm out of the market now, but I certainly don't want cash sitting in the bank either, not when the inflation comes...soon.
Old 5/9/10, 08:50 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Well talk to you lata everyone. Got to hit the sheets, 5AM comes fast.
Old 5/9/10, 08:51 PM
Post *****

Well talk to you lata everyone. Got to hit the sheets, 5AM comes fast.
That's what she said.

And she does.
Old 5/9/10, 09:04 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Oh crap my life is busy right now.

Work is unbelievably busy and I've got to strike fast to sign and keep all these new customers. But I've also got to move.

All the cars are going on the back burner for a while. I figured I would order my hood and when it comes in take the car to Austin to get the stripe painted.

The Bronco wheels have shipped. 16x8. The black ones I have tried and tried to get. Thankfully Tire Rack came through.
Glad you finally found some!

IDK what to do, I have so many mods I wana complete and the funding is limited.

Currently I still have a CDC real panel that I have never installed. Now I'm unsure if I even want to install it. I also have a 5k HID headlight kit to install.

I was not able to get the gears done. When I got to Tasca there were additional charges on top of the $640, they wanted money for a new kit to rebuild the rear end. So it was going to be over $700. I can get everything done at Karl's for $550...everything included.

Then I have been thinking maybe I want the suspension first or alteast the lowering springs. But I figure why spend the $$ to have them replace just the springs when they can just do everything all at once.

Then last week I saw that KC is selling the GT500 spoiler for $200. Not a bad deal I just would have to get it painted.

Oh and that all reminds me I need to have the windows tinted and take it to the dealer to have the airbag recall done & the LH rear shock replaced.

Gosh Dang it.......
I know exactly how you feel. I could spend $25k in under 10 minutes I'm sure. Gonna try to find extra work everywhere I can this summer.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Send one of them to Jay Leno for his headlines segment, get some free national airtime.

The what? I never saw anything.
Old 5/9/10, 09:04 PM
Post *****

My genius Macro and Microeconomics professor, who is the greatest capitalist I have ever known in person and whose advice I have never found fault in told me that if you can borrow money at less than 2 points above inflation you should do it. Anything over that and the oppurtunity costisn't worth it. And I agree with that. Dr. Talley was a true master and I learned so much from him. My mind was like a sponge in that class. It was almost like learning from the great Milton Friedman, who Dr. Talley actually learned from.

But anyway. Back to the gut. My gut has been telling me to get rid of the debt and put the money in real estate or concrete investments. Land and such. I'm out of the market now, but I certainly don't want cash sitting in the bank either, not when the inflation comes...soon.

My core is my depression era Dad's voice in my head. But he never understood inflation. Venita Van Caspel's books "Money Dynamics for the 80's" were my awakening early 80's. Never took any college on it.
As much as I ride 25yrs in the market as a long term investor, its hard to believe my genius investment of 2001 were 3% I-Savings Bonds.
3% + inflation and the principle doesn't fluctuate like bond funds or TIPS. Federal tax free. That foundation allows me to accept a balanced amount of risk in the market. Like one commentator said, "you don't sell the old I-Bonds except for FOOD"! LOL (the new ones base rate is a lousy .2% - guess the gubmint knows whats coming and doesn't want to be stuck with payouts any larger than they're going to be from the coming inflation. )
But RE is cheap now and will ride with inflation too!
Old 5/9/10, 09:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Jim

Hey Charlie

I made a boo-boo last week. I did a write up for our Parade of Homes entry, and while I proofread it, I didn't do a good enough job. The magazine clearly says that "Our houses include....mud rooms, walk-in panties,..."

Someone came in yesterday while I was working the show and said "I wanna see these walk-in panties."
Send a copy of it to Jay Leno and maybe it will make the "headlines" bit he does on Monday nights.
Old 5/9/10, 09:07 PM
Post *****

But RE is cheap now and will ride with inflation too!

Old 5/9/10, 09:08 PM
Post *****

I'm gonna post it in MCTC 4 Nathan.

Edit. It's up.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/9/10 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast