Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/10, 07:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Got the swype installed. The thing is amazing! Not sure what I'll stick with, but it's definitely fun to use.
It takes some getting used to but I use it most of the time. At least if you don't want to swype you can type on it too.
Old 3/24/10, 07:14 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I had to turn the vibrate part off. That drove me insane!
Old 3/24/10, 07:15 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I had to turn the vibrate part off. That drove me insane!
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

Old 3/24/10, 07:21 PM

That line gets so old, so fast.
Old 3/24/10, 07:23 PM
Post *****

That line gets so old, so fast.

Old 3/24/10, 07:38 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ya rly
Old 3/24/10, 07:39 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just kidding
Old 3/24/10, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I had a friend back in college named 'Skeeter'.

He had the torso and biceps of an NFL linebacker, but the legs of Punky Brewster. It was hilarious.
Funny... there was a guy on my dorm floor in Cape Girardeau named "Chigger". Cause he passed out at a beer bust and got eaten alive!
Old 3/24/10, 08:35 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
Last summer my neighbor killed a 10ft long Easteren diamond back rattler
Eff That! That's why I live at altitude. Even in the summer the nights get too cool for those sneaky devils!

But at least rattlers usually give a bit of warning. Growing up in Missouri we had those **** Copperheads in the SE Ozarks. Those are some aggressive bastards and they blend into the leaves!
Old 3/24/10, 08:39 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
so i finally got around to uploading some pics of the carshow
here's a few of the good ones and here's a a link to the rest
Man gotta love that flathead pickup and that Deuce!

http://www.roadsters.com/deuce/
Old 3/24/10, 08:40 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Eff That! That's why I live at altitude. Even in the summer the nights get too cool for those sneaky devils!

But at least rattlers usually give a bit of warning. Growing up in Missouri we had those **** Copperheads in the SE Ozarks. Those are some aggressive bastards and they blend into the leaves!
Copperheads blend in far too easily. I've found them in flower beds. Having red mulch doesn't help much either.

By far teh worst snake that we come across here is the Water Moccasin or Cotton Mouth. Nasty devils. I've been chased by one on land. I've seen them swim across lakes and rivers towards people. Very aggressive buggers. Unfortunately they are in the creek behind our home. We even killed one at our office a few years ago. Just coiled up on the first step to the door.

But Coral Snakes, Copperheads, Rattlesnakes, and Water Moccasins are all over these parts. Haven't seen any in about two years. Thank God.
Old 3/24/10, 08:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cottonmouth There are tons of these bastards around my area. It's also one of the few snakes in north America that can bite you under water

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 3/24/10 at 08:45 PM.
Old 3/24/10, 08:45 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
f*** snakes. hate those **** things.

the deuce is by far my favorite hot rod...and this is probably the best hot rod I've ever seen in person
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-s5032956.jpg  

Last edited by StangMahn; 3/24/10 at 08:47 PM.
Old 3/24/10, 08:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Copperhead

Old 3/24/10, 08:52 PM
Post *****

Copperheads blend in far too easily. I've found them in flower beds. Having red mulch doesn't help much either.

By far teh worst snake that we come across here is the Water Moccasin or Cotton Mouth. Nasty devils. I've been chased by one on land. I've seen them swim across lakes and rivers towards people. Very aggressive buggers. Unfortunately they are in the creek behind our home. We even killed one at our office a few years ago. Just coiled up on the first step to the door.

But Coral Snakes, Copperheads, Rattlesnakes, and Water Moccasins are all over these parts. Haven't seen any in about two years. Thank God.
Supposedly Water Moccasins/Cotton Mouths were in MO but I never saw any.

As a kid we were coming back from a deer hunting scouting trip in October many years ago and saw several Copperheads in about a 15 mile stretch of highway near Johnson Shut-Ins. The pavement was warm from the day but the air temp was dropping fast as the sun set, so there were several pairs in the road every mile or so soaking up the heat from the pavement. At one point there were three together so my Dad's friend stopped the car with them in his headlights. He took his double barrel and shot two and then OOOPS! The third one started coming at him pretty fast but dang double barrels lack a 3rd shot! LOL That old man moved in a hurry to get back in the car!!! I'll never forget that! **** snake had a brain!

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/24/10 at 08:54 PM.
Old 3/24/10, 09:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Most snakes will try their best to avoid you, a human is not their prey. They are simply looking for food. If one bites you, it is in self defense. I hate snakes, but I respect the role they play in the ecosystem and I never kill any snakes I come across. The only exception being a poisonous snake that is in the yard in close proximity to the house where someone might accidentally step on or reach into his hiding spot. When I come across snakes (even poisonous) out in the woods, or on the trail I leave them be, or get them off of the trail. I'm invading their space, not the other way around. Most of them tend to live and hunt their entire lives in a relatively small area (especially rattlesnakes) and I'm not going to disrupt that.

They serve many purposes and I appreciate having them around. I don't mind non-poisonous snakes around the house. They control rodent populations and other pests. Some of them even keep poisonous snakes away, like a King snake. They are immune to the venom of poisonous snakes and will keep them away from their area. A few years ago I came across a King snake eating a large rattlesnake it had killed in the woods....

Came across this big Timber Rattler while walking some trails out in my woods last year.....

He was bigger around than my forearm!! It was fairly cool weather, and I think he must have fed recently because he was very lethargic. Didn't get upset at all when I approached, and it took forever to prod him off of the trail and back into the woods with a big stick.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/24/10 at 10:04 PM.
Old 3/24/10, 09:46 PM

I don't know how I could live with that. Do you have to be on a constant look out for them when you're outside? All we have are garder snakes around here, but they're still nasty little demons. I've heard of rattle snakes making it down along the mississippi, but they're pretty rare.
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Supposedly Water Moccasins/Cotton Mouths were in MO but I never saw any.

As a kid we were coming back from a deer hunting scouting trip in October many years ago and saw several Copperheads in about a 15 mile stretch of highway near Johnson Shut-Ins. The pavement was warm from the day but the air temp was dropping fast as the sun set, so there were several pairs in the road every mile or so soaking up the heat from the pavement. At one point there were three together so my Dad's friend stopped the car with them in his headlights. He took his double barrel and shot two and then OOOPS! The third one started coming at him pretty fast but dang double barrels lack a 3rd shot! LOL That old man moved in a hurry to get back in the car!!! I'll never forget that! **** snake had a brain!
Yikes.
Old 3/24/10, 10:24 PM

Have half an hour to study for my spanish test tomorrow. I'm also getting back my history midterm. I sure as heck hope I passed it!
Old 3/24/10, 10:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Spanish Fly lol
I recall all that hoey in grade school , to get the girls yah right
Old 3/24/10, 10:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've been studying for a finance test...I keep getting variables backwards, ugh. Off to bed so I can get up tomorrow and study more for the test.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast