Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/10, 10:21 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What is your grocery list?
Old 1/13/10, 10:25 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
CAI
Headers, y-pipe, mufflers
Full suspension lift kit
Wheels and tires
Upper and lower intake manifolds
Cam
Replace the gaskets
Throttle body
Increased MAF
Old 1/13/10, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
CAI
Headers, y-pipe, mufflers
Full suspension lift kit
Wheels and tires
Upper and lower intake manifolds
Cam
Replace the gaskets
Throttle body
Increased MAF
Sweet! Should be a monster. What exhaust are you gonna go with?
Old 1/13/10, 11:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
wish i could understand that list of stuffs
Old 1/14/10, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
My day has sucked. Work sucked and will again tomorrow. Plus on top of that my 2 year old has a respritory tract infection and an ear infection
That sucks. Hope your kid gets better soon.
Old 1/14/10, 06:39 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
That sucks. Hope your kid gets better soon.
+1 It sucks when your kids are sick
Old 1/14/10, 06:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Morning Jill. How's the weather there? Still snowing?
Here's been raining since yesterday, almost non stop
Old 1/14/10, 07:02 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
morning folks!
Old 1/14/10, 07:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Morning David. Wassup?
Old 1/14/10, 09:30 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Morning Jill. How's the weather there? Still snowing?
Here's been raining since yesterday, almost non stop
Morning! The weather here is like a heat wave compared to the last few weeks. We are supposed to have a high of 44 today and I think hit 51 tomorrow
Old 1/14/10, 09:34 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good morning Everybody. How is my favorite people today??
Old 1/14/10, 10:21 AM
Legacy Tms Member

morning people

hows everyone doing???

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Good morning Everybody. How is my favorite people today??
umm people?? dear i better be ur most favorite

JK

Last edited by jerseygirl; 1/14/10 at 10:23 AM.
Old 1/14/10, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Morning! The weather here is like a heat wave compared to the last few weeks. We are supposed to have a high of 44 today and I think hit 51 tomorrow
Lucky! Barely making it above freezing here. I suppose it's better than being below zero though. I still really want to wash my car, but all the snow on the sides of the road is melting making a bunch of salty road spray.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 1/14/10 at 12:05 PM.
Old 1/14/10, 12:33 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Here you go Diana. I will try to explain the best I can for you.

CAI
Headers, y-pipe, mufflers Basically the whole exhaust pipe system from motor to tips.
Full suspension lift kit Making the truck sit higher by putting longer springs and other suspension parts on.
Wheels and tires
Upper and lower intake manifolds The intake manifold is where the air and fuel gets combined and sent to each cylinder in the engine.
Cam This part is inside the engine that is designed to open and close the valves for the air/fuel to enter and for the exhaust to exit.
Replace the gaskets Gaskets are basically seals for parts to protect from metal to metal contact and to keep everything sealed too.
Throttle body This where the air is regulated so that the fuel air mixture will be right and keep the engine running.
Increased MAF MAF stand for Mass Air Flow and it is a sensor that tells the conputer how much air is getting into the intake manifold.

Hope this helps and if anybody thinks I am wrong then please correct me.

Originally Posted by zhovkva89
wish i could understand that list of stuffs
Old 1/14/10, 01:40 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Nope. I wanna fix it. It's got some issues. Actually the only issues it really has are ones I gave it. The interior is gutted now. I got distracted by the blower install last summer and then the vert. I've got to get back on the Bronco, but lots of vert stuff to do first. I miss driving it. It's 18 months old and I've probably put 500 miles on it.

Definitely a 351. Wouldn't have it any other way.

It's a two tube type intake. There is something of a box though of course for the filter. The K&N setup just has an open element filter. This setup is actually quite constrictive if you ask me.

Nobody pays any attention to me anymore. It's sad really.
The intake portion before the filter, the part right next to your radiator cap. By two tube, do you mean 2 tubes from the airbox to the intake manifold, or is there also 2 tubes leading to the airbox, before the filter. If what I'm hoping is correct, then you would have the visible inlet, and also on just to the other side of the radiator cap, just sticking out a small rectangular hole in the frame behind the headlights. Is that so?

And would it be too much to ask for the measurements of the opening of the visible inlet please?
Old 1/14/10, 01:56 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
The intake portion before the filter, the part right next to your radiator cap. By two tube, do you mean 2 tubes from the airbox to the intake manifold, or is there also 2 tubes leading to the airbox, before the filter. If what I'm hoping is correct, then you would have the visible inlet, and also on just to the other side of the radiator cap, just sticking out a small rectangular hole in the frame behind the headlights. Is that so?

And would it be too much to ask for the measurements of the opening of the visible inlet please?
Let me do this...

I will this weekend lift the hood and hook up my battery charger so I can start the darn thing again. While doing that I'm gonna get you some pics of the filter box and such. If I remember right there is an inlet made out of black plastic that sits above the radiator on the driver side that is in effect the cold air intake for the air filter box. The hood actually comes down on top of it and its not all that big. Most guys go to an open air set up with an exposed K&N filter. Some guys buy the K&N and some fab up their own. But I will post pics this weekend.

Edit: You can actually see the cold air intake in the picture. Its just to the left of the radiator cap. This provides all the air that gets to the intake. It may actually be an air silencer though like in the Mustangs.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/14/10 at 01:57 PM.
Old 1/14/10, 02:17 PM

Let me do this...

I will this weekend lift the hood and hook up my battery charger so I can start the darn thing again. While doing that I'm gonna get you some pics of the filter box and such. If I remember right there is an inlet made out of black plastic that sits above the radiator on the driver side that is in effect the cold air intake for the air filter box. The hood actually comes down on top of it and its not all that big. Most guys go to an open air set up with an exposed K&N filter. Some guys buy the K&N and some fab up their own. But I will post pics this weekend.

Edit: You can actually see the cold air intake in the picture. Its just to the left of the radiator cap. This provides all the air that gets to the intake. It may actually be an air silencer though like in the Mustangs.
That answers all my questions save for the dimensions of the opening. That doesn't seem like it'd flow that much better than the one I have... I believe the boxes are the same, with the only difference being where they routed the inlet to.

Stupid neighbor has my mind going
Old 1/14/10, 05:20 PM
Legacy Tms Member

thread dead for the past 3 hours! wake up ppl!!
Old 1/14/10, 05:23 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I am awake. Or trying to stay awake at least.
Old 1/14/10, 05:46 PM

Wake us up Diana!

So my mom is looking for a new car... Her backup lights have quit working, it's not a fuse or bulbs, and her power locks and windows are slowing down. These are classic symptoms of the Smart Junction Box going bad. That's a 650+ labor part, and it may or may not be the culprit. I want her to fix it and keep the current escape with the stick. I've driven 2 different genII Escapes, and came back utterly unimpressed by both. 4cyl autos. Good pickup, but that was it. They sounded strained, the interiors were cheaper than our current bottom of the line Escape, the pedals were so light the muscle on my throttle leg shin nearly cramped from holding my foot up. There's no resistance to the pedal. The steering is always way too light. I spent most of the time driving with 1 finger. I'm talking full lock to lock with just my index finger in a spoke. I don't want her to get a new one, because I know I'm gonna dislike driving it. There's more, but it's dinner now.

Sync is cool though

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast