Limited Edition 50th

Attn Ford: Dealer refused to sell me 50th LE..

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/14, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JCC07
Why not wait? Who in your life is judging you right now by your lack of ownership? Why must it be NOW! RIGHT NOW??!!
Because life is short, Enjoy it now and don't look back.
Old 11/21/14, 08:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
So pay up for that experience. I think that Market Adjustment price is, what, $10,000 over sticker?

Which is sort of the point, I suppose. Either you want to blow the cash for your requirement of NOW, or you save your pennies for the experience later.

...provided you survive that long.
Old 11/22/14, 07:04 AM

Op, I understand the frustration you are going thru. When the 07 gt500 was announced I was a crazy man calling dealers everywhere and putting my name on lists and all that. When the cars started arriving it was the same thing xxxx$ over sticker. I moved on and bought a Mystichrome terminator that was basically new and saved myself a ton of $ Reality is it is supply and demand, and to a dealer these LEs the same as every other car on the lot, with one exception. It's a car they can actually make some money on. From their point of view, for every hundred plus focus and fusion and Taurus they give away (invoice, below, etc) there are a handful of raptors, Shelby's, and bosses etc that they can get sticker for. If people are legitimately paying over sticker for these things, let them. Think of all the fools that paid 5k or 10k over sticker for an 07 gt500 and stored them away! What are they worth now? Half?! If it was me, I wouldn't fight city hall, I would find another dealer. If you can't and all the 1964 are gone, move along and find someone willing to sell you a gt350 at sticker since they will be making a ton more that 1964! Remember ford is in the car business. There is no end all be all car. They are constantly working to get you to want the latest and greatest cars. I've learned to not get worked up over these things because there is always a better car in the works! And if the LE is your dream car, be patient and let someone else take the hit on the depreciation.

Last edited by tank5879; 11/22/14 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11/22/14, 10:17 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,703 Posts
Originally Posted by tank5879
Op, I understand the frustration you are going thru. When the 07 gt500 was announced I was a crazy man calling dealers everywhere and putting my name on lists and all that. When the cars started arriving it was the same thing xxxx$ over sticker. I moved on and bought a Mystichrome terminator that was basically new and saved myself a ton of $ Reality is it is supply and demand, and to a dealer these LEs the same as every other car on the lot, with one exception. It's a car they can actually make some money on. From their point of view, for every hundred plus focus and fusion and Taurus they give away (invoice, below, etc) there are a handful of raptors, Shelby's, and bosses etc that they can get sticker for. If people are legitimately paying over sticker for these things, let them. Think of all the fools that paid 5k or 10k over sticker for an 07 gt500 and stored them away! What are they worth now? Half?! If it was me, I wouldn't fight city hall, I would find another dealer. If you can't and all the 1964 are gone, move along and find someone willing to sell you a gt350 at sticker since they will be making a ton more that 1964! Remember ford is in the car business. There is no end all be all car. They are constantly working to get you to want the latest and greatest cars. I've learned to not get worked up over these things because there is always a better car in the works! And if the LE is your dream car, be patient and let someone else take the hit on the depreciation.
Agree and nicely said!!!
Old 11/26/14, 12:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Because life is short, Enjoy it now and don't look back.
"They say life is short. No, life is LONG. And it gets really long if you make bad decisions!" -- Chris Rock

All I can say is, money spent on a dealer markup in 2015 for a 50th Edition Mustang could be better spent on a GT-350 in 2016, perhaps a Mach-1 in 2017, or even a new Bullitt in 2018. Not that I have any inside knowledge, but there's always something better around the corner.
Old 11/27/14, 07:06 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JCC07
I've been buying cars for a long time, and helping family and friends buy cars too. If there is one piece of wisdom I can pass on, it's this:

No matter how wonderful a car is, no matter how special, no matter how limited a run, as long as it is a mainstream automobile mass produced by a car company and sold in a dealership, you will eventually have an opportunity to purchase such a vehicle if you want to.

Think about this. Another way to say it is, "all things come to those who wait." My best friend wanted a 2008 Bullitt Mustang. We walked into a dealership in January, 2008, and they would not budge at 5K over sticker. In November, 2008, we went back to the same dealership where he bought a...wait for it...2008 Bullittt Mustang for 5K UNDER sticker. Same car, same experience driving it. He only had to wait another 11 months, which allowed him to save up more money and actually pay cash for most of it.

If you look at your local CarMax, they get all sorts of cars. I check their database all the time to see what's there. They get Bullitts, Bosses, Corvette ZR-1s, Camaro Z-28's, you name it. I think I could guarantee you that within the next year, you will see at least one 50th Anniversary LE Mustang being sold at some CarMax somewhere in the country. And then if you want it, it's yours for the taking.

But even before then, by Memorial Day, Ford will be looking to blow out its '15 inventory because the 16's will be coming in. That 50th Anniversary edition might not be so marked up at that point. And that's the moment to buy. Why not wait? Who in your life is judging you right now by your lack of ownership? Why must it be NOW! RIGHT NOW??!!
Well said sir.
Old 11/27/14, 07:13 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To the op. If you're looking to buy the LE hoping it will go up in value in the future, you're better off investing in the stock market. I don't think any product made today that says collectible will go up in value. They make so many of them and everyone has the same idea of buying and holding on for a few years and making a tiddy profit. 1964 cars is hardly a limited production. The only true collectables worth more than original cost in my opinion are items that bought long ago without the thought of them having future value.
Old 11/27/14, 10:48 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Couldn't agree more John ! As I think most folks are so caught up with what these cars are selling for at Barrett-Jackson, they feel their cars are going to be just as valuable ? But what they don't realize however is those same 50th anniversary LE editions are the very first production models off the assembly line and are also being sold to raise money for charity as well..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/27/14 at 10:49 AM.