Limited Edition 50th

Attn Ford: Dealer refused to sell me 50th LE..

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/14, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn Ford: Dealer refused to sell me 50th LE..

To copy/paste from Mustang6G:

Below is what happened. Bottom line, Manager named Rodney Phillips from Colorado River Ford in Kingman AZ refused to sell me my LE that I ordered back in August. I put $1000 deposit. I contacted Ford Customer Relations and they couldn't do anything.

To sum it up in a few words... I told my salesman that he could been better at communicating with me, such as giving me monthly updates. I haven't talked with anybody at the dealer by phone since early last month and hadn't heard any updates. I email the salesman saying blah blah blah I'm not happy because of the lack of communication and then I ask him to tell the sales manager who placed my order to call me. Then instead of the sales manager, I get the big manager who informs me that he's not selling me the car because I said that their customer service needs work and I'm not going to be happy with them. He said that he didn't want to deal with me because I was "unhappy". I did mention the post purchase survey in the email exchanges.
Old 9/25/14, 08:30 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm curious what your emails were to them. Maybe they figured you would be a pain in the butt and knew they wouldn't have a problem moving a 2015 50th.
Old 9/25/14, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
I'm curious what your emails were to them. Maybe they figured you would be a pain in the butt and knew they wouldn't have a problem moving a 2015 50th.
I wasn't a pain, they were just a little butthurt.. The fact of the matter is, the only reason they bumped me off was because they wanted to sell it for more $$$$..
Old 9/25/14, 08:36 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thaext
I wasn't a pain, they were just a little butthurt.. The fact of the matter is, the only reason they bumped me off was because they wanted to sell it for more $$$$..
If that's the case then sorry to hear that, sucks that happened to you.

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 9/25/14 at 08:37 PM.
Old 9/25/14, 08:38 PM

If that's the case then sorry to hear that, sucks that happened to you.
I know... I'm very sad and am trying to see what my options are right now.. Pondering legal options but first trying to talk to the owner of the dealer.
Old 9/25/14, 10:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe they figured you would be a pain in the butt and knew they wouldn't have a problem moving a 2015 50th.

^^^ This.

Oh, and thaext, why not just link your thread over at 6G instead of rehashing it over here, too. We've all responded to you over there and don't need to read it on every Mustang forum.
Old 9/25/14, 10:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm very sad and am trying to see what my options are right now.. Pondering legal options but first trying to talk to the owner of the dealer.

Look, I'm sorry things aren't working the way you want, but let's nip this in the bud. I'll repost here what I told you at the 6G website....

Businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. OP doesn't have a signed contract and got his deposit back. Sorry, OP, you're out of luck. The AG, BBB, and lawyers won't change the dealer's stance.

From the dealer's perspective, owner satisfaction surveys are worth their weight in gold. A lot of monies from the factory to the dealer are dependent on good survey averages. Sad, but true. If the OP suggested to the dealership that they were going to receive a bad survey after the sale, the dealership had a lot at risk in consummating the sale. Not condoning the dealer's actions in this case, just shedding light on why a dealership might choose to decline to do business with a customer.
Old 9/25/14, 11:06 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bet its both things.. like I like to say "why not both".

(both things meaning pain in the butt and $$$)
Old 9/26/14, 04:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Oh, and thaext, why not just link your thread over at 6G instead of rehashing it over here, too. We've all responded to you over there and don't need to read it on every Mustang forum.
Then what is the point of multiple Mustang or Whatever Forums?

I see/read the same things posted everyday on multiple forums (Maybe not W4W) and also, subject matter only being discussed at one or the other.

Not attacking ya...I understand, why, he wants & needs to spread the word around, if for no other reason than venting his frustration and trying to deal with it.

I feel he's fighting a loosing battle, unless it goes viral and the low-life Dealership "Colorado River Ford in Kingman AZ" bows down to the bad press and does the right thing.
Old 9/26/14, 05:09 AM
GT Member

OP,
While you feel venting on the WWW will help, it won't. The dealerships customer base is not the Internet. Contact your local TV stations and see if they have an "On your side" reporter that discloses things like this on the air. You have to go after their market.
But before you go any further, put yourself in their shoes. If you are being a PITA to them, well, you got what you asked for. I placed my order on 5/20 for my Mustang and also have not heard one peep from the dealership. It's not their job to schedule and build the cars. We have all the resources right here and 6G to find out all we need including a direct contact to Ford. The dealerships are just a private franchise that gets the same info we can get here with a little work.
Apologizing to your salesman for being an *** might go a long way, although it's probably too late for them to change their minds.
Old 9/26/14, 09:15 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
people are forgetting that ordering a vehicle is not a contract. At any time either party can back out until a bill of sale is made and signed.
Old 9/26/14, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
This sounds like a very one-sided story. It sounds like you became rude/hostile, and a manager stepped in and handled it properly. They don't have to sell anything to you...

You got your money back, so you have no legal argument. A lawyer would be a waste of time. Move on, buy from somewhere else, and learn from this.
Old 9/26/14, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I think they may owe you interest on your deposit, even if that's only a few bucks.
Old 9/26/14, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Contracts normally favor the dealer. It ensures they get the money (or compensation) for what a customer has ordered. The customer is left with very few "outs", but in exchange they get what they wanted.

However, in this case, a contract would have been better for the customer, as it would have helped ensure delivery of the car.

So, if you're special ordering a car as a consumer - think hard about whether a contract favors you or not. Some dealers will not give you a choice whether or not they use contracts, but if you've thought about it, and evaluated the pros and cons, at least you know your options when a deal doesn't go the way you want it to.

FYI, I work in IT, not in a law office, so take this advice with a grain of salt. :-)
Old 9/26/14, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Look, I'm sorry things aren't working the way you want, but let's nip this in the bud. I'll repost here what I told you at the 6G website....

Businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. OP doesn't have a signed contract and got his deposit back. Sorry, OP, you're out of luck. The AG, BBB, and lawyers won't change the dealer's stance.

From the dealer's perspective, owner satisfaction surveys are worth their weight in gold. A lot of monies from the factory to the dealer are dependent on good survey averages. Sad, but true. If the OP suggested to the dealership that they were going to receive a bad survey after the sale, the dealership had a lot at risk in consummating the sale. Not condoning the dealer's actions in this case, just shedding light on why a dealership might choose to decline to do business with a customer.
Dealerships live and die by those surveys these days. Just ask the Nissan Dealership who is pissed at me because I ranked them 1 out of 5 starts for all their screwups.

As opposed to the Ford dealership where I bought my 2014 Mustang GT who received top scores for the flawless sales experience.
Old 9/26/14, 03:49 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Instant death to the Ford dealer that gets a negative survey. It affects everything...allocations, preferential delivery, and if a top shelf dealer needs to go to bat for a customer, Ford listens.

I love my dealer. He's out of state, but I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've leased 4 vehicles there, including my current Fusion DD, bought my Mustang, and have sent them at least one cash deal that I know of. They treat me as if I was their only customer. I never have to play the game when I go there....always fair out of the box. The least I can do is give them a glowing and deserved survey.
Old 10/3/14, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I gave the dealer that I bought my 2014 GT from a bad survey. They damaged the paint of my bumper the day I bought my car. They said I could take it anywhere I wanted to get repaired. They recanted that when they found out what the cost was. Long story short, they lied to me and forced me to either use their contracted body shop which was about 60 miles from where I lived or pay the difference out of my own pocket. I finally agreed to use their shop but dinked them on the survey for not keeping their word.

Sales Manager was very angry with me over the survey and threw me off the lot. This is why I will never buy from them again or take my car there for anything.

My position is this, if they are that concerned over their surveys, then they need to think about how they treat their customer after the sale. Mine obviously didn't.

Wayne
Old 10/4/14, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Easy, do multiple accounts, or get some people to write bad reviews on yelp, yellow pages, google and many other sites. It will make you feel better and the dealer pissed.
Old 10/5/14, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They take their surveys very seriously. My sales person reminded me about 3 times before I took home my car to give them a good survey.

After this last service appointment, Ford had sent me a survey and asked if I had a good service experience. I said No and explained what happened. 2 days later I received a phone call from the dealerships owner! He is going to look into getting my issues resolved.
Old 10/7/14, 07:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
To copy/paste from Mustang6G:

Below is what happened. Bottom line, Manager named Rodney Phillips from Colorado River Ford in Kingman AZ refused to sell me my LE that I ordered back in August. I put $1000 deposit. I contacted Ford Customer Relations and they couldn't do anything. ...
Not sure if we offered to document your experience over on Mustang6G, thaext. I’m happy to document it for you. PM me with your full name, address, dealer, best daytime number, and a description of what happened.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Attn Ford: Dealer refused to sell me 50th LE..