GT

Finally. Getting my car fixed.

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/20, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Finally. Getting my car fixed.

Ive had my 2017 Gt since December of 2017, and it's had tons of little problems since I've had it. The most annoying has lasted about a year and a half now, and it's now in the shop to get it fixed.

I've been having an issue which I've been calling "slack in the line." It's just kinda felt like I've been pulling a trailer. Come to a stop, and it feels like it's still pushing. Pull away, and it bucks a little. Not an easy smooth acceleration sometime. And I don't mean under hard acceleration. I mean just a normal smooth nondescript acceleration.

Even while cruising on the interstate, it just felt like running over micro bumps in the road. Or maybe hitting a small puddle of water.

I'd taken to the dealer a few times explaining these issues. They've looked at the differential and drive shaft and transmission and have seen no issues. I wasn't happy, because that's where I was picturing this issue stemming from. But then, on a local Mustang Facebook group a member said he had the exact same symptoms and eventually got error codes to pop up. P0300, P0308, and P0316. Engine miss-fire. He said his was out of warranty, so I troubleshooted the issue himself. Turned out it was the actuators on the intake manifold. The cheap plastic flaps were not opening and closing properly. Said he replaced, and no more issues.

Since I hadn't gotten any error codes, I wasn't sure if I could just take it to the dealer and tell them to look at it without paying for some type of service.

But two weeks ago, I saw the check engine light come on, and I couldn't have been more excited. The codes that came back were those exact same codes my friend had gotten. So I took to the dealer, told them what I thought the issue was. They of course said they'd need to run their standard tests. They got back with me and said that was in fact the intake. The car is in the shop right now getting it fixed.

A year and a half of not being able to fully enjoy my car and being told that they're nothing wrong with it. I KNEW something wasn't right because my 2006 GT was a lot more fun to drive, and was thinking if this is how the new models are supposed to drive, then that just sucks.

But what has me worried is that this issue started with around 10,000-15,000 miles on the car. How long will the replacement last? I have about 5000 and about 6 more months of my warranty. But, if it happens again, at least I know what the issue is now.

Just thought I would share, just incase this can help anyone experiencing the same issue. Also, just had to tell someone how relieved I am that I wasn't crazy. HA!
Old 6/26/20, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
So, there is time when you can be happy to get the check engine light. I'm glad to hear you have finally got your baby running correctly. Hopefully it was just a bad batch of those little valves, and this issue will be fixed for good. I understand the part where you said you now enjoy the car. My wife's A10 has been stupid since new, and got a bit worse as time went by, sloppy shifts, shakes/shudders, hard bump putting the shifter into drive, etc. The car needed an oil change, so me and the Service Writer had a good discussion on a possible fix. We decided to start with a simple re-flash before going any deeper. Thankfully that seems to be all it needed, so I was as happy as a fat kid eatin' cake. It's better now than the day I drove it home, so hopefully the re-flash will be the ticket for the future. BTW, instead of the wife (she has a tendency to just putter around town) I'll be the to put it through the learning process this. I hope a little harder break-in will set it up right this time.