Search this Thread

Old 4/16/15, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone have to file Lemon Law Suit for New Vehcile

Greetings
I Just got a new 2015 Audi A6 3.0T.

Saturday PM:
Drove it home (3 miles) and didn't drive it again until Monday night.

Monday PM:
Drove about 2 miles and the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Came On.
Needless to say i was LIVID.

Tuesday AM:
Car went back to dealership.

Wednesday AM:
Got the car back and the repair said:
Code P043000 Catalyst System Bank2 Efficiency Below
So I figured it was either a bad O2 Sensor or a bad Cat.
The dealer performed a CS SET READINESS.
(Which I've discovered means they cleared the code drove it 38 miles then ran a test) When I spoke with Service they said the cause of the CEL was because the vehicle was "Idling for a long-time in the long term lot and the CAT was blocked". A Total CROCK if you ask me.
So they didn't "Diagnose/Replace/Repair" anything.

Wednesday PM:
Drove the car 5 miles and the CEL Light came on Again.

Thursday AM
Contacted the Service Manager this morning and told him he didn't do anything to resolve the issue, and that clearing the code and driving it 4x THE AMOUNT OF MILES I HAVE is not a fix.
So back to the dealership it went this morning, and I was told they will replace the CAT. I have absolutely no faith in this Audi or the dealership and it has totally ruined my first Audi experience.

I looked up my local lemon law and it states that you can file a claim once the dealership has attempted 2 repairs of the same issue. Once paperwork is filed the Manufacturer has 1 attempt to fix the issue, after that I can go thru the lemon law. Hopefully it won't have to go that far.

Have any of you had to journey down the Lemon Law Road, what was your result?
Appreciate your response.
LJS
Old 4/16/15, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Yes I have done it twice. Two different manufacturers.
Man I feel for you it sucks to get a car and it be a Lemon.

Each State has different laws. Its a pain but make sure you document everything. make sure that each time you bring it in for service that the service writer puts the exact same complaint each time. Both times for me the manufacture did not want a lemon law car back so they bought it back instead. That way they can sell the car as a used car.

Hope it goes well for you. Good Luck.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 4/16/15 at 01:13 PM.
Old 4/17/15, 12:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MR-STANG
Greetings
I Just got a new 2015 Audi A6 3.0T.

Saturday PM:
Drove it home (3 miles) and didn't drive it again until Monday night.

Monday PM:
Drove about 2 miles and the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT Came On.
Needless to say i was LIVID.

Tuesday AM:
Car went back to dealership.

Wednesday AM:
Got the car back and the repair said:
Code P043000 Catalyst System Bank2 Efficiency Below
So I figured it was either a bad O2 Sensor or a bad Cat.
The dealer performed a CS SET READINESS.
(Which I've discovered means they cleared the code drove it 38 miles then ran a test) When I spoke with Service they said the cause of the CEL was because the vehicle was "Idling for a long-time in the long term lot and the CAT was blocked". A Total CROCK if you ask me.
So they didn't "Diagnose/Replace/Repair" anything.

Wednesday PM:
Drove the car 5 miles and the CEL Light came on Again.

Thursday AM
Contacted the Service Manager this morning and told him he didn't do anything to resolve the issue, and that clearing the code and driving it 4x THE AMOUNT OF MILES I HAVE is not a fix.
So back to the dealership it went this morning, and I was told they will replace the CAT. I have absolutely no faith in this Audi or the dealership and it has totally ruined my first Audi experience.

I looked up my local lemon law and it states that you can file a claim once the dealership has attempted 2 repairs of the same issue. Once paperwork is filed the Manufacturer has 1 attempt to fix the issue, after that I can go thru the lemon law. Hopefully it won't have to go that far.

Have any of you had to journey down the Lemon Law Road, what was your result?
Appreciate your response.
LJS
Updated 4/17/2015
Great News!
The dealer has decided to give me a new car.
Very happy with this decision, didn't even have to mention Lemon Law.
LJS
Old 4/17/15, 01:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Good for the dealer. That's great customer service. Allow the client to get what they paid for and they take care of the lemon paperwork with Audi themselves. Glad to hear!
Old 4/17/15, 02:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Updated 4/17/2015
Great News!
The dealer has decided to give me a new car.
Very happy with this decision, didn't even have to mention Lemon Law.
LJS
Wait...what lead up to that? Did you just complain and they replaced the car?
Old 4/17/15, 06:07 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Wait...what lead up to that? Did you just complain and they replaced the car?
^^What he said. That was quick???
You had more than two repairs done for the same issue? How did you get the car replaced so quick?
Old 4/18/15, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

On Thursday AM when they picked it up and told me they would need to replace the CAT I asked if it would be ready by Thursday night. The Service Mgr said they needed to order the part. I said ok, let me know when I can expect to drive my new car as it's been in the shop longer than in my driveway and the service dept has put more miles on the car than I have.
Later Thursday afternoon the service manager called me back and informed me it would take at least a week for the new CAT to arrive. I said that's ridiculous, and he agreed and said they will take the car back and give me a new one.
I picked it up last night, it had 17 miles on it.
Audi takes customer service/relations very seriously and expects all there dealers to receive perfect scores on the surveys they send out to there customers. I know for a fact if an Audi dealer gets scores even marginally below perfect Audi does not give that dealership the Incentives $$$$. So it's in the dealers best interest to make the customer happy. On Wednesday night I went to the Audi USA website and chatted directly with a customer service representative and they were all over this, I opted not to provide the VIN or the dealership name until I gave the dealer a fair chance to make this right.
And they did, and I'm very satisfied, and believe me this dealership will be getting perfect scores from me.
Old 4/18/15, 10:50 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
On Thursday AM when they picked it up and told me they would need to replace the CAT I asked if it would be ready by Thursday night. The Service Mgr said they needed to order the part. I said ok, let me know when I can expect to drive my new car as it's been in the shop longer than in my driveway and the service dept has put more miles on the car than I have.
Later Thursday afternoon the service manager called me back and informed me it would take at least a week for the new CAT to arrive. I said that's ridiculous, and he agreed and said they will take the car back and give me a new one.
I picked it up last night, it had 17 miles on it.
Audi takes customer service/relations very seriously and expects all there dealers to receive perfect scores on the surveys they send out to there customers. I know for a fact if an Audi dealer gets scores even marginally below perfect Audi does not give that dealership the Incentives $$$$. So it's in the dealers best interest to make the customer happy. On Wednesday night I went to the Audi USA website and chatted directly with a customer service representative and they were all over this, I opted not to provide the VIN or the dealership name until I gave the dealer a fair chance to make this right.
And they did, and I'm very satisfied, and believe me this dealership will be getting perfect scores from me.
Very good! Good to know.
Worked out well for you. Good luck going forward.
Old 4/18/15, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
That is impressive customer service. And while service like that will cost the dealer/manufacturer more money in the short term, customer service like that will keep the customers coming in and make for a lot more repeat buyers. Especially when the cars are good to begin with.

If only the domestic manufacturers took service that seriously.
Old 4/18/15, 01:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Now they have more time to tinker with that lemon and pass it off to the next person. Sad but true.
Old 4/18/15, 01:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Now they have more time to tinker with that lemon and pass it off to the next person. Sad but true.
And they could very well fix the problem and that will be the end of it?
Old 4/18/15, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
There are some cars and even brands that have really bad RF issues. I have seen cars with cell phones just stop because of RFI and the manufacture could not fix them. it is getting worse with all the Nanny's and convinces on board these cars.

The Manufactures know if they have certain issues that just do not make sense to fix. I bet his car is going back to the manufacture for observation.

Ultimately you have wonder a great dealer and one that cares about you as a long term customer.

You might want to buy your sales and service guy some lunch..