GT

Advance Trac Service Needed????

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/15, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Advance Trac Service Needed????

I was driving today and out of the blue I get a notification that "Advance Trac Service Needed" and all of a sudden my traction/stability control is off and I can't select any driver/steering modes. Anyone have any info on this problem?

My car barely has 4k miles on it and the fact that I have a major issue already really pisses me off.
Old 11/18/15, 06:55 AM
V6 Member

I'm glad I read your thread previously. I just hit 800 on the clock this morning and mine did the same thing. I was driving out of my apartment complex and in second gear. In sport +. All of a sudden I got the advanced track service needed, also loss of performance steering. Out of no where, while continuing to drive it all came back like nothing was wrong. Defaulted back to normal mode and the warning lights blacked out. I put it back into sport+ and it's been fine so far.
Old 11/18/15, 09:29 AM
V6 Member

I haven't experienced this, but when I got in my car yesterday I started it up as usual. When I was leaving the parking lot, it started raining so I attempted to put it in Rain/Snow mode. I got an error message stating that Drive modes were not available?
Old 11/19/15, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

That's the one. Same thing when it happened to me.
Old 11/19/15, 02:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by EaterofWorlds
I was driving today and out of the blue I get a notification that "Advance Trac Service Needed" and all of a sudden my traction/stability control is off and I can't select any driver/steering modes. Anyone have any info on this problem?

My car barely has 4k miles on it and the fact that I have a major issue already really pisses me off.
Did it go away and come back? Did it stay on permanently? If it flashed on and off again by itself I wouldn't call it a major issue lol.

My 15 did this one day after I turned off stability control completely and then back on again, then it went away and never came back.
Old 2/15/16, 04:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EaterofWorlds

I don't think this'll help but it happened to me after I did some donuts in an empty lot and hit the rev limiter while in first gear (I was in select shift mode in first gear). All traction was disabled before I began but when I hit the rev limiter and I came to complete stop, the message appeared. Tried to turn traction back on but could not. I finally turned it off stepped out the car pissed that I caused it, got back in, started it back on and it was gone and everything was back to normal.
Old 5/14/19, 08:38 AM

Service advance traction flashing.

I was driving my 2013 mustang gt and the service advance track came on with abs and passenger airbag light started flashing the would go away for a couple of seconds then come back. Does anyone have ideas of what it is. I really don’t want to take it to the ford.