GT

2015 Gt premium squealing front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/15 | 12:14 PM

I just brought my Mustang GT premium in today. And guess what, they couldn't replicate the problem which I already knew was going to happen. No brake noise until I got home. Went to Whataburger and lo and behold there it was again, louder than ever. I took a video with sound but the camera on my phone didn't change orientation so I am not uploading that. I captured another video with some brake squealing in it when I got home but it was not as long and as loud but nevertheless still there. I uploaded it to youtube and I will post it here.
Old 1/19/15 | 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by MrsThomas
That's exactly how mine sounds too
I purchased minmine 10/17/2014. I have had the same issue as the video shows. How embarrassing this has been.. I should've leased a SHO like I originally wanted..
Old 1/20/15 | 11:30 AM

I just brought mine back in for the third time today (sense when I brought it on on Thursday they didn't get to it after sitting in their shop for 4 hours). I just got a call from my service advisor, she said they are ordering OEM brakes? I cant say I'm familiar enough with cars to know what those are and the difference between the current brakes. They wont be available until tomorrow, but i'll try and keep you all updated.
Old 1/20/15 | 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Aquillies
I just brought mine back in for the third time today (sense when I brought it on on Thursday they didn't get to it after sitting in their shop for 4 hours). I just got a call from my service advisor, she said they are ordering OEM brakes? I cant say I'm familiar enough with cars to know what those are and the difference between the current brakes. They wont be available until tomorrow, but i'll try and keep you all updated.
in other words, they are just replacing your parts with brand new OEM (original equipped manufacturing) brakes. I hope for you GT guys that Ford identified the problem and the new OEM parts have that problem corrected...
Old 1/21/15 | 07:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by kpb55
I purchased minmine 10/17/2014. I have had the same issue as the video shows. How embarrassing this has been.. I should've leased a SHO like I originally wanted..
Welcome to the forum, kpb55! Have you addressed this noise with your dealer? What have they said? Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this for you as well.

Please PM me with your info as well, Aquillies, so we can get this reviewed.

Deysha
Old 1/22/15 | 05:31 AM

2015 Gt Premium Squealing

Good morning all, just signed up for this forum today. I felt like I was the only one that has had this issue but I am glad that I have found this forum.

I bought my 2015 Gt Premium back in November and have had the car into the shop 3 times. The first time was for the braking screeching like a freight train (like the others videos that have been posted). They went over all the brakes, machined the rotors, and cleaned the pads. Thinking there was a pebble wedge somewhere creating the sound. After the visit they told me I shouldnt have any other issues. Got home that night and found out the one problem was fixed but another one started to occur. Contacted them the next day and they wanted me to drive 300 miles to see if it would fix itself. 300 miles went by and nothing changed. Scheduled my second appointment and found out my front brake pads were over heating and dis forming. So they overnight parts to get it fixed guaranteeing this was the problem for everything. Not even willing to replace my rotors as my brakes were getting extremely hot, not being able to touch because of the pads over heating. So I took the car home and it sat for a week because of bad weather in my area. Took it out on a nice day and right when I moved it the sound came right back. Called the dealership and took it in that day with more video proof of it happening 15 minutes before I arrived there. Ford has had my car for almost a week now and they keep saying they cant reduplicate the sound. Also ford sent them a letter/message to give to me saying this sound is normal for a high performance car with high end brakes. I said this is no where near normal for any car and I would have never bought it if I would have known of this issue. If they knew this is normal then there should be a disclaimer on the car when buying it. So today I am going to go down there and hoping to show them the sound by reduplicating it so they can figure it out. At this point I dont think I want the car anymore until they get all the flaws fixed in a few months.

If anyone has found the fix from there dealership let me know other then that I guess it will be a mystery!
Old 1/22/15 | 08:44 AM

squeaking brakes & battery failure

I'm on board! I bought a brand new 2015 Mustang Premium GT 3 months ago. LOVE the car!! Almost immediately, the brakes started squeaking at low speed stopping. In the last 3 months, every couple of weeks I took it into the dealer & they blew me off saying it's a film from the factory & will wear off & stop making noise as I put on the miles. I have 3500 miles on it. Like me, everybody loves this car but when I drive into a parking lot it's embarrassing to hear that squeak!! My car has been in the dealer's service department for now going on 2 days & it's still not resolved. I had 3 Mustangs before & had no issues with any of them. Shame on you Ford!! Do a recall & fix this!!
Old 1/22/15 | 09:19 AM

Yep they are telling me that Ford doesnt want to fix it right now. Just showed the guy the problem because they keep telling me we can reduplicate the problem. Well took me 10 seconds and not even 10 feet of driving and the workers could hear it from there inside of the building.

They said the best we can do is try to make the sound not be as loud but they wont fix any parts until ford gets a service order out for the problem.

Well i have contacted a lawyer to start the process because I am just not happy.

Will keep everyone posted as everything happens moving forward!
Old 1/22/15 | 09:23 AM

There is one other issue that I am having is when i get in the car and use the push start its not all the time kicking on, sometimes it goes just to the electric and my brake pedal is down firmly. Not sure if this is relating to the brakes having issues or not.
Old 1/22/15 | 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by JJLmustang
Good morning all, just signed up for this forum today. I felt like I was the only one that has had this issue but I am glad that I have found this forum.
Originally Posted by FastPony
I'm on board! I bought a brand new 2015 Mustang Premium GT 3 months ago. LOVE the car!! Almost immediately, the brakes started squeaking at low speed stopping.
Welcome and thank you for the PM, guys! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 1/26/15 | 01:32 PM

Sense I got the new set of OEM brakes put on the car last Friday, there has not been any squealing on the vehicle sense. I haven't put to many miles on yet, so fingers crossed.
Old 1/26/15 | 05:54 PM

Can you post the part # of the OEM brakes. My dealership/Ford rep has been reluctant to call me since my last visit and my squealing brakes are driving me nuts.
Old 1/27/15 | 07:53 AM

I emailed my Ford CSM asking if there was a fix and informing him of my frustration level with Ford on this and this was his response to me:

Hello Tabetha,

I am sorry about increasing frustration you are experiencing regarding your new Ford Mustang. Please rest assured that your concern is not taken lightly. The engineering team here at Ford is working on resolving the brake noise concern for you. As of today there is a fix determined, but the testing results do take time to complete. This is to insure that braking changes do not cause any other problems with the Ford vehicles affected by this. Sometime within the coming weeks you, as well, as the Ford certified technicians will be informed of the resolution and procedures to the brake noise concern.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Old 1/27/15 | 10:00 AM

Sense I got the new set of OEM brakes put on the car last Friday, there has not been any squealing on the vehicle sense. I haven't put to many miles on yet, so fingers crossed.
Thank you for the update, Aquillies!

Originally Posted by gamoon
Can you post the part # of the OEM brakes. My dealership/Ford rep has been reluctant to call me since my last visit and my squealing brakes are driving me nuts.
I’ll have her get a hold of you as soon as possible, gamoon.

I emailed my Ford CSM asking if there was a fix and informing him of my frustration level with Ford on this and this was his response to me:

Hello Tabetha,

I am sorry about increasing frustration you are experiencing regarding your new Ford Mustang. Please rest assured that your concern is not taken lightly. The engineering team here at Ford is working on resolving the brake noise concern for you. As of today there is a fix determined, but the testing results do take time to complete. This is to ensure that braking changes do not cause any other problems with the Ford vehicles affected by this. Sometime within the coming weeks you, as well, as the Ford certified technicians will be informed of the resolution and procedures to the brake noise concern.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Thanks for the info, MrsThomas!

Deysha
Old 1/28/15 | 05:54 PM

The dealership I mentioned previously (not mine) called today as they promised to let me know that a new brake assembly is being released around mid-Feb. I was pleasantly suprised they called as I am not a customer nor do I live near them. I only learned about them through a forum.

This particular dealership is one of the first - if not *the* first - to be closely involved with a Ford engineer in figuring out the brake problem, and thus will be the first in receiving a few sets of the new parts. I was told that they will be installing the new assembly on a couple cars to see how it goes even before a TSB is officially released.

Hang tight, folks. Those (dealerships) that tell you nothing is wrong just do not yet have the whole story. But it is a legitimate complaint, Ford listened, and a fix is in the works.
Old 2/3/15 | 07:56 PM

I can't wait, I am stuck doing 120mph then quick stops to stay sound free for a week at a time. I love the thrills of doing it, but I am gonna hate the day a cop sees me doing it. I only hope he too has this car so he believes me when I try to explain it to him!
Old 2/4/15 | 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cptchuck
I can't wait, I am stuck doing 120mph then quick stops to stay sound free for a week at a time. I love the thrills of doing it, but I am gonna hate the day a cop sees me doing it. I only hope he too has this car so he believes me when I try to explain it to him!
I'm freaking tired of waiting as well! IT'S TOO DANG EMBARRASSING!! The more miles I put on it, the worse it gets! Ready to get an attorney at this point
Old 2/4/15 | 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm freaking tired of waiting as well! IT'S TOO DANG EMBARRASSING!! The more miles I put on it, the worse it gets! Ready to get an attorney at this point
Understand your frustration, but unless it is causing a safety issue, which it isn't, then getting legal with them could potentially delay repair for your car.
Old 2/7/15 | 09:33 PM

Yep. I have the same problem as well. I don't even have the performance package so just regular brakes. My buddy has one with the PP and his does it too. So embarrassing and ridiculous. Brand new care having this issue is wrong. I have 4300 miles on mine. Still does it everyday.
Old 2/11/15 | 09:02 PM

I've been to the FOrd dealership twice now (once this morning) to get the screeching fixed on my $44k Mustang GT (yes I am putting the price in for effect), and was turned away saying there is nothing they can do.

He looked up my VIN # and said nothing was released. Does anyone have an update on this?

Quick Reply: 2015 Gt premium squealing front brakes