GT

2015 Gt premium squealing front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/15, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having this issue as well. Its been 6 days since I purchased my 15 mustang GT Premium with less than 400 miles on it. No squealing on regular braking at traffic lights. Slow stops is when it starts to squeal. It started 3 days ago as I was slowly stopping to get my car in my garage. Today, as I was picking up my kids at school, everyone outside had to cover their ears and make faces due to the very loud squealing. The first few days were fun as everyone hears the exhaust note and is like, Very nice. Now, i feel like I am driving a really old car....

Deysha, the dealer I got my vehicle is like 50 miles from me. I have a closer dealership I can bring it to but I don't know if that is ok. I am planning on taking it tomorrow.
Old 1/12/15, 06:45 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by klumpikat
Yes, I am experiencing this issue with my GT Premium, purchased 11/21/14, which now has >2200 miles on it. First happened when the engine was cold, and progressed to pretty much whenever I come to a slow stop - but not every time, and never in reverse. ...
Please work with your CSM until it’s resolved, klumpikat.

Originally Posted by BigTitan21
Hello! I searched this problem and I came across this thread. I purchased my car back in October and a few weeks later I started to hear the same loud noise. ...
Thank you for the PM, BigTitan21! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Alucard75
I am having this issue as well. Its been 6 days since I purchased my 15 mustang GT Premium with less than 400 miles on it. ...

Deysha, the dealer I got my vehicle is like 50 miles from me. I have a closer dealership I can bring it to but I don't know if that is ok. I am planning on taking it tomorrow.
You are welcome to bring it into your nearest Ford Dealer for service, Alucard75. Also, be sure to PM me with your dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this for you as well.

Deysha
Old 1/12/15, 12:49 PM

Does anyone know if Ford has issued anything about this yet? I took my car to a different dealership and all they're saying,as of now, is that the pads look fine to them. I played the video for them, the same one I played for the other dealership, and at least they admitted that something is definitely wrong they just don't know what. The dealership I purchased it from listened to the video, drove it and heard the noise but still sent me away saying it was normal. At least I have more now than I did :-/
Old 1/12/15, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Do all of the cars having this brake squeal issue have the line lock feature? Is it possible the line lock is malfunctioning and causing the brakes to be slightly applied while the car is in motion? Just thinking out of the blue here.
Old 1/13/15, 06:20 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3point7
Do all of the cars having this brake squeal issue have the line lock feature? Is it possible the line lock is malfunctioning and causing the brakes to be slightly applied while the car is in motion? Just thinking out of the blue here.
Well I have an auto an no squeal except when my car has been sitting out in the rain for a while. But it only squeals the first time I hit the brakes then no more. The autos btw don't have the line lock feature.
Old 1/13/15, 11:57 AM

Update:Took my car in yesterday for a 3rd visit. They replaced the pads and re-surfaced the rotors. The technician drove the car afterward and it still made the noise. My service adviser said he would call the hotline again and he would update me this morning. Well, I just got off the phone with him and although we are all in agreement that there is an issue, Ford will not let them go any further because the sound is "normal". My guess is that they don't want to acknowledge any issues on what is supposed to be their pride and joy. I'm not giving up on this.....
Old 1/13/15, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

For those not sure about the noise I am referring to, please see video.... Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giMt4f7bthk
that's awesome.

I had a set of aftermarket pads that did that. To resolve I had take a file to the edge of the pads surface material and bevel it a little, problem was about 98% resolved with just an occasional squeal right at the point of depressing or pressing the brake pedal.
Old 1/13/15, 06:40 PM

My auto has line lock. That's not the issue though.
Old 1/13/15, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
For those not sure about the noise I am referring to, please see video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giMt4f7bthk

No way in hell that's normal. If Ford is going to tell you that's normal I would ask them why they purposely engineered the car to squeal so loudly and see what they come up with.

First year cars man, never never never.
Old 1/13/15, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Update:Took my car in yesterday for a 3rd visit. They replaced the pads and re-surfaced the rotors. The technician drove the car afterward and it still made the noise. My service adviser said he would call the hotline again and he would update me this morning. Well, I just got off the phone with him and although we are all in agreement that there is an issue, Ford will not let them go any further because the sound is "normal". My guess is that they don't want to acknowledge any issues on what is supposed to be their pride and joy. I'm not giving up on this.....
I would reach out to the other owners that have had their brakes replaced with all new parts and get their VIN and dealership info that did those repairs and contact Ford or your dealer and show them this info. Better yet, see if they will call those dealer service departments and chat with them.
Old 1/14/15, 05:27 AM

Angry Brakes

I went into my dealership yesterday for the second time with noisy brakes. The first time they said they could not duplicate so I contacted Ford customer service and had them contact the dealership. The second visit was more thorough and they acknowledged that there is a problem with brakes. What really disappoints me is that my car has 3k miles on it and they have to get approval to replace parts I have never had this issue with any other car I have purchased in the past. I am currently awaiting a call from the dealership to let me know if they will attempt a repair. This is my 4th Ford and 3rd Mustang that I have owned if this problem does not get resolved I am not sure I will ever purchase another Ford.
Old 1/14/15, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by MrsThomas
Does anyone know if Ford has issued anything about this yet? I took my car to a different dealership and all they're saying,as of now, is that the pads look fine to them. I played the video for them, the same one I played for the other dealership, and at least they admitted that something is definitely wrong they just don't know what. The dealership I purchased it from listened to the video, drove it and heard the noise but still sent me away saying it was normal. At least I have more now than I did :-/
I have no info as of yet, MrsThomas.

I escalated this for you, BigTitan21. I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by gamoon
I went into my dealership yesterday for the second time with noisy brakes. The first time they said they could not duplicate so I contacted Ford customer service and had them contact the dealership. The second visit was more thorough and they acknowledged that there is a problem with brakes. What really disappoints me is that my car has 3k miles on it and they have to get approval to replace parts I have never had this issue with any other car I have purchased in the past. I am currently awaiting a call from the dealership to let me know if they will attempt a repair. This is my 4th Ford and 3rd Mustang that I have owned if this problem does not get resolved I am not sure I will ever purchase another Ford.
Please stay in contact with your CSM, gamoon.

Deysha
Old 1/14/15, 02:41 PM

Hi all,

I have an update...I apologize in advance if you've seen it before...It's basically my cut-and-paste (of my own post) from another website forum. A poster in the thread I participated in had their dealership install upgraded pads - which, ultimately, did not solve the problem (according to their service advisor - no verification yet from the poster). I changed some of the info.
Hope I am not breaking rules, but it may help.

It pretty much boils down to this: We have to tell anyone and everyone at Ford who will listen, and we have to be armed with enough evidence. (Also, you have to play nice in order to get results - but your mother already told you that. )

---------

Just came from appointment #2 at my dealership in San Diego, Kearny Pearson. Sadly, all that was done was some grease was wiped off the rotors. However, I'm the pushy type (sorry, Julio). Besides emailing my service advisor (yep, that would be Julio) days prior to my appointment, I showed him [xxx]'s post today about the fix he/she received (upgraded pads, rotors and calipers). Julio called [xxx]'s dealership. The pads they used were Supreme Extreme. (As of this post I am unable to find any info online about these.) Julio said that their advisor also told him that someone who received this fix is experiencing the problem again. I asked Julio if in the meantime I could locate these upgraded pads and get this fix anyway so I (and the general public) could have some relief from this scream for longer than a few days, but I was told to hang tight to see what Ford says.

Ford IS aware of the problem, and we were told it would take about 6-8 weeks to get this (hopefully) resolved. My case manager at Ford has promised to call me tomorrow to see how it went today, and of course I plan to fill him in on what's going on.

All I can suggest at this point, if you have not already, is to bring your squealing baby in, show the service advisor this thread as well as a recording of the noise (or videos kindly posted by some of our fellow sufferers) and gently push him/her to be made fully aware of this. They should call Ford directly. Also, if you have not already, file a case yourself as other posters suggest; there is a friendly Ford rep on here [thank you, Deysha!] and on other mustang forums who will assist you. The more we all work with our service advisors and reps as a team, the quicker the resolution.
---------

Last edited by klumpikat; 1/14/15 at 03:57 PM.
Old 1/14/15, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For those not sure about the noise I am referring to, please see video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giMt4f7bthk

No way that is normal. I had a 2000 ford focus that squeled like that but only when the rotor was wet.
Old 1/14/15, 03:53 PM

Well I just scheduled my second appointment, clearly we all know now its more then the pads (which they replaced the first time). Sense it seems like mixed feeling if the rotors have or have not fixed the issue. I'm hoping that's what they will be doing tomorrow. I actually work for a autogroup that owns a Ford store. But when talking to the Ford salesmen and services advisors. I seem like I'm the only one that has had this issue in my area. >.>
Old 1/15/15, 05:29 AM

The latest info I got was the person mentioned in my previous post is still experiencing NO squeal, so that is good news. They had the rotors and calipers replaced, and upgraded pads installed. I do not know anything about the specific pads used yet.

Has anyone heard of Supreme Extreme pads?

My second time at the dealership was a bust yesterday - only the rotors were cleaned of grease - but I expected only a temporary fix anyway after all I'd learned in the past couple days (I was at least hoping for new rotors, admittedly ). There is no TSB as yet, so I assume no upgraded parts have been 'officially' released. I still want to get those upgraded pads and get the components replaced. This may take a few tries, but it is what it is. At least more Ford folks know the deal. Videos help a lot! It's the only evidence I can come up with so far because the squeal can't ever seem to be replicated at their garage.
Old 1/15/15, 05:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow .. thats horrible. Maybe the assembly line got a bad batch of calipers??
Old 1/15/15, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ford should have stuck with Brembo for the GT's now stock 14" brake rotors, calipers, and pads. In the effort to reduce cost, they bought some other 4-piston caliper and went with cheaper steel rotors and pads, causing this issue. It's entirely Fords fault for trying to cut cost.

While these base 14" brakes on the GT are supposed to be better than the outgoing 14" Brembo option on the 2011-2014 GT, they are causing more warranty problems and short term costs to Ford than their worth.

The 15" Brembo's on the PP GT's aren't having these issues. Mine are still working great with my front wheels a nice shade darker than the rear, as expected.
Old 1/15/15, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by klumpikat
Hi all,

I have an update...I apologize in advance if you've seen it before...It's basically my cut-and-paste (of my own post) from another website forum. A poster in the thread I participated in had their dealership install upgraded pads - which, ultimately, did not solve the problem (according to their service advisor - no verification yet from the poster). I changed some of the info.
Hope I am not breaking rules, but it may help.

It pretty much boils down to this: We have to tell anyone and everyone at Ford who will listen, and we have to be armed with enough evidence. (Also, you have to play nice in order to get results - but your mother already told you that. )

---------

Just came from appointment #2 at my dealership in San Diego, Kearny Pearson. Sadly, all that was done was some grease was wiped off the rotors. However, I'm the pushy type (sorry, Julio). Besides emailing my service advisor (yep, that would be Julio) days prior to my appointment, I showed him [xxx]'s post today about the fix he/she received (upgraded pads, rotors and calipers). Julio called [xxx]'s dealership. The pads they used were Supreme Extreme. (As of this post I am unable to find any info online about these.) Julio said that their advisor also told him that someone who received this fix is experiencing the problem again. I asked Julio if in the meantime I could locate these upgraded pads and get this fix anyway so I (and the general public) could have some relief from this scream for longer than a few days, but I was told to hang tight to see what Ford says.

Ford IS aware of the problem, and we were told it would take about 6-8 weeks to get this (hopefully) resolved. My case manager at Ford has promised to call me tomorrow to see how it went today, and of course I plan to fill him in on what's going on.

All I can suggest at this point, if you have not already, is to bring your squealing baby in, show the service advisor this thread as well as a recording of the noise (or videos kindly posted by some of our fellow sufferers) and gently push him/her to be made fully aware of this. They should call Ford directly. Also, if you have not already, file a case yourself as other posters suggest; there is a friendly Ford rep on here [thank you, Deysha!] and on other mustang forums who will assist you. The more we all work with our service advisors and reps as a team, the quicker the resolution.
---------
You’re very welcome and thank you for the info, klumpikat! I agree with other having this documented as well.

Originally Posted by Aquillies
Well I just scheduled my second appointment, clearly we all know now its more then the pads (which they replaced the first time). Sense it seems like mixed feeling if the rotors have or have not fixed the issue. I'm hoping that's what they will be doing tomorrow. I actually work for a autogroup that owns a Ford store. But when talking to the Ford salesmen and services advisors. I seem like I'm the only one that has had this issue in my area. >.>
I’m happy to escalate this for you as well, Aquillies. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 1/16/15, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by gamoon
The video above seem to show that some performance pack cars are having the issue with the brakes. Is that true?
The Mustang in the YouTube video is an EcoBoost Mustang with the Performance Package and Automatic transmission. Notice the PRNDS on the dash along with the Oil Pressure and Boost Gauge in the middle stack. Since an Automatic and the Performance Package are not available together on the 2015 GT, this has to be an EcoBoost w/PP.

FYI - The Performance Package equipped EcoBoost Mustangs have identical brakes to a normal Mustang GT (not 15" Brembo's), while non-PP EcoBoost models have smaller 13" front brakes more similar to the non-Brembo optioned 2010-2014 Mustang GT's.

Last edited by kn7671; 1/16/15 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Gt premium squealing front brakes