Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Suspension opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/12, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension opinions

Hi everyone, new to the forum as I just received my new 2013 black 5.0. Looking to do some suspension mods in the near future and input is more than welcome. I also plan on calling Sam to place orders if he holds the product. Basically, I am looking to lower the vehicle while increasing the handling. Budget isn't tight but am not looking to spend that much >2k. I have been going back and forth on coilovers and a pan hard rod or struts and shocks with springs and a watts link... what i've been massively observing and deciding between are

BC racing coilovers - cheap but does the job
ST coilovers- Read that Sam recommended these over BC. aren't dampening Adjustable.
Koni Yellow Shocks and Struts- supposedly the best out there.
Springs- don't know which ones are great but linear was recommended
Adjustable Pan hard bar
Fays2 Watts link..

I don't plan on dragging too much >5 a year.
Like aggressive street turns
Want a noticeable drop or at least get rid of most of the wheel gap gone.

Opinions are welcome. Reviews are welcome. Advice is welcome. And Experience is welcome. I'm leaning more towards the Koni Yellows as i rather have the best shocks and struts than mediocre coilovers. Watts link would be budgeted with the Koni yellows and not the coilovers (basically would get a panhard if i got coilovers). just would like some input and experiences. The only reason i like coilovers is for the full height adjustability ..But i know it's not a rice rocket as i had tein basics on a turbo'd scion tc and dumping the car is just not for American.

I eventually want to get LCA as well but not til down the road.
Old 11/4/12, 06:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
JJWON3,

Here is a video that we did with MM&FF about a year ago. You can see how we took a stock set-up to an awesome handling machine.

We can definitely get you this package and stay within your budget.

PM and let me know your thoughts. We can put some other packages together for you if you wish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=a_snajrgC0g

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 11/4/12, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Put the Watts link on the back burner an adjustable panhard rod will do fine for what you're looking to do. In any case forget the Fays till you can afford better.

Straight rate springs just flat work better everywhere than progressive rate springs. Progressives make promises they can't keep.

Good race history does not make a good suspension tech. It does mean they know how to drive that's all.

Don't be afraid of some spring rate. I use 350lbs front 250lbs rear spring my friend runs Roush track pack springs 425lbs front 375lbs rear and both cars drive very well on the street. But both have adjustable coil overs designed to handle those kind of rates.
Old 11/10/12, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys! I think I found a setup within my budget and likes! Thanks for your input! I went with the ground control coilovers, whiteline adjustable lca and relocation brackets. Pan hard rod is made by BMR... That shall due for now and maybe down the road i'll get a watts link..but that's down the road..